Remember Jeter?

Matt39

I am not writing him off just yet.

Just the anticipation of that day when half of Yankee Stadium is booing Jeter after yet another limp at-bat warms the the cockles of my tiny, little heart. OH, those proud and loyal Yankee fans, turning on their Golden Boy/Mookie Wilson equivalent. YES!

Seriously. The Yankees are completely handcuffed now. They'll only be able to trade for Pujols, Chris Carpenter and Ichiro at the deadline, but they won't be able to afford Hanley Ramirez now. OH CRUEL FATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If they are able to make trades at the deadline it's because they have a lot of good prospects to trade, unlike the mets. The Jeter contract was a dud but the Mets front office is about a billion times more inept.

Just the anticipation of that day when half of Yankee Stadium is booing Jeter after yet another limp at-bat warms the the cockles of my tiny, little heart. OH, those proud and loyal Yankee fans, turning on their Golden Boy/Mookie Wilson equivalent. YES!

Jeter really really had Mookie's explosiveness. That comparison is unfair.

Well if Boston can play utter crap like their catchers, scutaro and ellsbury every day the yankees will survive it.

Two different situatons.

First, this is not about the Sox, but the Yankees and there treatment of an icon. Unlike Mattingly, at least Jeter has some rings.

Second, Red Sox Nation realizes they will never be on the Yankees financial level. Never.

Last, RSN is also used to front office incompetency. Even Theo has screwed the pooch. Scutaro is not half bad but we had him four years ago in Orlando Cabrera. Although Jed is looking good so far.

The Yankees false sense of delusion allows them to paint a pretty picture even when the FO has an epic fail.

While the Pink Hats have blurred the Sox actual legacy, there are enough of us that remember the lean times.

Two different situatons.

First, this is not about the Sox, but the Yankees and there treatment of an icon. Unlike Mattingly, at least Jeter has some rings.

Second, Red Sox Nation realizes they will never be on the Yankees financial level. Never.

Last, RSN is also used to front office incompetency. Even Theo has screwed the pooch. Scutaro is not half bad but we had him four years ago in Orlando Cabrera. Although Jed is looking good so far.

The Yankees false sense of delusion allows them to paint a pretty picture even when the FO has an epic fail.

While the Pink Hats have blurred the Sox actual legacy, there are enough of us that remember the lean times.

If they aren't the yankees they are 9/10 of the yankees with the way they spend and they give out loads of awful contracts too. see Crawford, Carl and Lackey, John among others. How am I painting a pretty picture? I just said the Jeter deal was terrible.

It's not like I said anything that isn't true...

The catching situation is not great. Scutaro is on his way out and he is also in the last year of his deal at 5.5 million. We have been over Ellsbury and he has been doing okay this season.

That said this thread is about Jeter. What that has to do with the sox is beyond me. You're obsessed. Just admit it.

The catching situation is not great. Scutaro is on his way out and he is also in the last year of his deal at 5.5 million. We have been over Ellsbury and he has been doing okay this season.

That said this thread is about Jeter. What that has to do with the sox is beyond me. You're obsessed. Just admit it.

Oh calm down, you know i'm right. Go look at the red sox lineup thread. It's FILLED with you talking about the yankees.

If they aren't the yankees they are 9/10 of the yankees with the way they spend and they give out loads of awful contracts too. see Crawford, Carl and Lackey, John among others. How am I painting a pretty picture? I just said the Jeter deal was terrible.

There is no doubt the Sox are well off, but they are not in the neighborhood of the Yankees though.

There is no doubt the Sox are well off, but they are not in the neighborhood of the Yankees though.

I love how Boston fans want to have it both ways. Go out every off season, buy players and have a huge payroll yet STILL be able whine and bitch about the Yankees' payroll.

Seriously. The Yankees are completely handcuffed now. They'll only be able to trade for Pujols, Chris Carpenter and Ichiro at the deadline, but they won't be able to afford Hanley Ramirez now. OH CRUEL FATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want Johan Santana at the break. Win-win.

I thought he was our Rey Ordonez equivalent?

I love how Boston fans want to have it both ways. Go out every off season, buy players and have a huge payroll yet STILL be able whine and bitch about the Yankees' payroll.

Who?

I am thankful we have money. The economic system is f'd. It is not the Yankees fault. It just is.

The contract doesn't matter. How the Yankees management and Girardi handle the situation is going to be interesting. To say the least.

So you're saying here that Jeter is done, and it will be interesting to see how Girardi handles how he uses Jeter going forward

Then in the other thread, I provide you with FACT, Lil Dusty is in fact batting .230, but you are not concerned because of his track record

WHat should we do with Jeters 15 years of stats? Toss them?

Your a flopper, Spin Cycle

So you're saying here that Jeter is done, and it will be interesting to see how Girardi handles how he uses Jeter going forward

Then in the other thread, I provide you with FACT, Lil Dusty is in fact batting .230, but you are not concerned because of his track record

WHat should we do with Jeters 15 years of stats? Toss them?

Your a flopper, Spin Cycle

Apples and Oranges Jon.

One player is in his 17th year and soon to be 37.

The other is nine years younger. The other was in the mid-.300s earlier this year, but has been slumping for two weeks.

If Jeter was around 5 years younger, than maybe you can chalk it up to a slow Texiera like start. However, he has not been hitting well for almost 200 games now. Jeter has had a great career and will no doubt have some moments of pat greatness from time to time, but he looks done.

JonE, please quote my post saying Derek Jeter is done. I said it would be interesting to see how they handled it. Never said he was done.

And what Pedroia in a slump has to do with any of this is beyond me. By the end of the season I'm sure Pedroia will be hitting just fine.

Jeter has been on the downside for the past few years. Pedroia is 27 an should be entering his prime. A slump is something all players go through in a given season.

I am not a flopper. And I at least know the difference between your and you're.

Apples and Oranges Jon.

One player is in his 17th year and soon to be 37.

The other is nine years younger. The other was in the mid-.300s earlier this year, but has been slumping for two weeks.

If Jeter was around 5 years younger, than maybe you can chalk it up to a slow Texiera like start. However, he has not been hitting well for almost 200 games now. Jeter has had a great career and will no doubt have some moments of pat greatness from time to time, but he looks done.

JonE, please quote my post saying Derek Jeter is done. I said it would be interesting to see how they handled it. Never said he was done.

And what Pedroia in a slump has to do with any of this is beyond me. By the end of the season I'm sure Pedroia will be hitting just fine.

Jeter has been on the downside for the past few years. Pedroia is 27 an should be entering his prime. A slump is something all players go through in a given season.

I am not a flopper. And I at least know the difference between your and you're.

A few years? Are you ******* insane? He hit .334 in 2009. I'm sure you can find some bullsh*t geek stat to explain how .334 with a .406 OBP (both 3rd in the AL) and 18 homers is somehow an off year, but you won't be able to convince me. The guy had one off year and he hit .270 then. It will be interesting to see how they handle dropping him in the lineup, but that probably won't be necessary until 2015. As for dropping him this year, sure he was slumping, but who was hitting well enough to move up? Swisher and Posada certainly didn't deserve to be moved up.

Archived