Russell Martin

Morrissey

Cashman = Executive of the Year.

Everybody criticizing the guy for not getting Lee and not making any big splashes in the offseason - all he does is sign Martin, Chavez (who's been outstanding so far,) Freddy Garcia looks like a nice pickup so far, as does Bartolo Colon. And he set up a succession plan at closer by bringing in Soriano. Hell, even Andruw Jones has contributed a little.

Everybody criticizing the guy for not getting Lee and not making any big splashes in the offseason - all he does is sign Martin, Chavez (who's been outstanding so far,) Freddy Garcia looks like a nice pickup so far, as does Bartolo Colon. And he set up a succession plan at closer by bringing in Soriano. Hell, even Andruw Jones has contributed a little.

Criticizing the Mets for abusing Feliciano, was not one of his brighter comments.

Cashman is a good solid organization guy. But that is not what the Yankees want. They want an organization guy with flair. Cashman will not be that.

Looks like it is his last year.

Criticizing the Mets for abusing Feliciano, was not one of his brighter comments.

Cashman is a good solid organization guy. But that is not what the Yankees want. They want an organization guy with flair. Cashman will not be that.

Looks like it is his last year.

Every year looks like Cashman's last year to Yankee haters. I sincerely wish I had a dollar for every time I've heard this - I'd be richer than Max and Sooth combined!

Every year looks like Cashman's last year to Yankee haters. I sincerely wish I had a dollar for every time I've heard this - I'd be richer than Max and Sooth combined!

Cashman is actually one piece of the Yankees that does not bother me. His attempt is not to "buy" championships, but to build within. he has done a decent job with that.

The reason it looks like his last year, is that his contract is up, and some of the things coming out point to his frustrations. It is Yankee fans saying this more than anyone else.

What a great pickup, Red Sox are kicking themselves. Yankees have a former All-Star catcher back in All-Star form, and who do they got? Saltiarsdhsdhsdsjhdsdsdsdcsdsd

Salty was once as highly touted (or near) a prospect as Jesus Montero.

That is why you have to be careful with those baseball minor league projections (one of many examples)

Salty was once as highly touted (or near) a prospect as Jesus Montero.

That is why you have to be careful with those baseball minor league projections (one of many examples)

The days of him being touted anywhere near Montero ended well before the Red Sox got a hold of him.

My point was more so along the lines of-Be careful with touted prospects-there are no guarantees, no matter how highly they are touted or how good they look.

Someone can't think of a way to throw cold water on the Yankees signing of Russell Martin. :P

What a great pickup, Red Sox are kicking themselves. Yankees have a former All-Star catcher back in All-Star form, and who do they got? Saltiarsdhsdhsdsjhdsdsdsdcsdsd

Salty has been disappointing, true. I wish the Sox had gone harder after Martin. I'm not sure why Theo had a hard-on for Salty. Martin is a very solid pick up if he stays healthy and all signs point to him being healthy.

The Sox will fix the catching spot eventually.

Salty has been disappointing, true. I wish the Sox had gone harder after Martin. I'm not sure why Theo had a hard-on for Salty. Martin is a very solid pick up if he stays healthy and all signs point to him being healthy.

The Sox will fix the catching spot eventually.

Disappointing? Not really. Everyone knew how terrible he was...

Cashman was pretty vocal in his opposition to the Soriano signing. Have to agree on the others though.

Archived