Madden Cover Finalists: Peyton Hillis vs. Michael Vick

Jetsfan80

wowowowowow... peyton cracker hillis versus king thug....

Madden can't be too thrilled. A dog killer or relative nobody from the Browns repping their cover when they were sure it'd end up between Aaron Rodgers and Phillip Rivers. I applaud the masses for its collective sense of humor.

• Upvote 1

Madden can't be too thrilled. A dog killer or relative nobody from the Browns repping their cover when they were sure it'd end up between Aaron Rodgers and Phillip Rivers. I applaud the masses for its collective sense of humor.

I'm surprised EA didn't kill it once things started turning ugly for them. It's definitely funny, but it's going to be a marketing disaster either way. Nobody gives a sh*t about the Browns and your average fan probably has no idea who the **** Peyton Hillis is. On the other hand, everybody hates the Eagles and even more people than that hate Vick.

Edited by Bleedin Green

I'm surprised EA didn't kill it once things started turning ugly for them. It's definitely funny, but it's going to be a marketing disaster either way. Nobody gives a sh*t about the Browns and your average fan probably has no idea who the **** Peyton Hillis is. On the other hand, everybody hates the Eagles and even more people than that hate Vick.

Even more on Hillis...LOL at the idea that a non-top 5 RB, who didn't even play in the playoffs being on the cover.

That said, Hillis is the man

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Browns and your average fan probably has no idea who the **** Peyton Hillis is.

Which makes his run to the finals even funnier. As if sensing the humor in this, Hillis has won every matchup handily. I still wouldn't doubt the possibility of EA reneging on the contest results even this late in the game.

yep...

Which makes his run to the finals even funnier. As if sensing the humor in this, Hillis has won every matchup handily. I still wouldn't doubt the possibility of EA reneging on the contest results even this late in the game.

Yeah, I wouldn't be shocked if they came back with some sort of finding that the results are invalid because of some sort of automated voting that somebody put into place or something (and let's be honest, with Hillis making it this far some Brown's fan probably did just that) and then just picked whoever the hell they wanted. This was a horrible idea from the beginning, I have no idea WTF EA was thinking. There was literally no good that was going to come of this, they obviously had guys they had in mind that they were hoping would win it, why not just pick one of them. This little contest isn't going to help sell one single more copy of Madden.

Hillis killed it on my fantasy team this year. Who will officially get the madden curse? My guess is Vick. He had a better TD to INT ratio than every other QB and made some fantastic plays this year.

Edited by Barcs

Actually I've found most people love watching the Eagles and Vick. They were the most exciting team in the NFL last year. Watching Vick destroy the Redskins and Giants was definitely a great source of amusement to me, and many others. I know the Giants fans were livid and that only made it better.

That being said, I voted for Tom Brady. Shame on you JN for not voting for Brady. Tom Brady was the MVP last year you know, he definitely deserves the season ending injury whoever winds up on the cover will suffer through instead. Since I like Vick, I'll vote for Hillis. I would prefer to watch Vick destroy the Giants twice this season at least, so I don't want him injured. Also if the Eagles play the Pats, I want to see the Pats destroyed too.

• Upvote 1

when Vick was with the Falcons he was a dominant player to use... like bo Jackson in tecmo bowl dominant (almost)

if you used Vick in madden the right way, he was almost unstoppable. ask vinnys025 he will tell ya... it was a cheap tactic but he's a player made for video games

Mike Vick is the vote. He's a changed man. He found god. So did Big Ben and he'll be on the cover next season. Sanchez needs to have one more 17 year old incident before he finds god and he'll be on the cover immediately following.

Mike Vick is the vote. He's a changed man. He found god. So did Big Ben and he'll be on the cover next season. Sanchez needs to have one more 17 year old incident before he finds god and he'll be on the cover immediately following.

Wouldn't it be ironic if God is really a 17-year old nymphomaniac girl with crooked teeth? Sanchez would be totally ahead of the curve.

• Upvote 1

when Vick was with the Falcons he was a dominant player to use... like bo Jackson in tecmo bowl dominant (almost)

if you used Vick in madden the right way, he was almost unstoppable. ask vinnys025 he will tell ya... it was a cheap tactic but he's a player made for video games

Thats why if someone picks eagles online i just leave because its impossible to stop.

:bwahaharoll:

Peyton Hillis chosen for Madden cover

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 27, 2011, 4:58 PM EDT

Reuters

Peyton Hillis has been chosen for the cover of the Madden ’12 video game, beating out Michael Vick in the final round of fan voting.

“It means a lot to me and my family,” Hillis said. “I just want to say thank you.”

A year ago, Hillis on the Madden cover would have sounded like a joke: Hillis was shipped from Denver to Cleveland last offseason as part of the Brady Quinn trade, and it wasn’t even a sure thing that Hillis would make the Browns’ roster.

Hillis didn’t just make the roster, he became the Browns’ go-to player, carrying 270 times for 1,177 yards and 11 touchdowns and catching another 61 passes for 477 yards and two more touchdowns.

And now Hillis is the public face of one of the most prominent consumer products associated with the NFL. In a year, he’s gone from little-known role player to bona fide star.

A year ago, Hillis on the Madden cover would have sounded like a joke

It still sounds like a joke. They'll never make this mistake again.

Edited by NYJets90

Hahahahahahaha... ******* AWESOME. I sure as hell made sure to get a few Hillis votes in when it he was sitting there in the finals.

Another interesting question now becomes, doesn't Madden always rate the cover athlete as one of the top rated players in the game? How's that one going to work out?

100 Awareness, bitches.

• Upvote 1

why is it such a mistake - a ka-gillion people will buy Madden 12 and they could put Saddam Hussein on the cover and it wouldn't change a damn thing

In the end the actual impact will be negligible, but the marketing for this years' Madden is going to be laughable. While it's not going to keep people from buying it, the average fan is going to wonder what the **** is going on once July rolls around and EA is launching a full force ad campaign surrounding a one-year wonder complete nobody former FB playing for one of the most pathetic franchises in the league.