OFFICIAL Boston Celtics vs Miami Heat series thread

Blackout

We have to get past Atlanta first. I like Whitlock but he does a much better job with human interest stories. Don't care what it looks like on paper, the Heat started peaking a couple weeks before the play-offs and may have tapped out but are playing some very good ball. The Bulls, on the other hand have played 1 good game in their last 10 along with a couple marginal ones. Everything else has been a scramble. I understand we swept them in reg - but for whatever the reasons - likely and largely inexperience - the Bulls will have to pick up their play appreciably to stick with Miami. I think we have a chance, but would fall far short of anything termed confidence.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have to get past Atlanta first. I like Whitlock but he does a much better job with human interest stories. Don't care what it looks like on paper, the Heat started peaking a couple weeks before the play-offs and may have tapped out but are playing some very good ball. The Bulls, on the other hand have played 1 good game in their last 10 along with a couple marginal ones. Everything else has been a scramble. I understand we swept them in reg - but for whatever the reasons - likely and largely inexperience - the Bulls will have to pick up their play appreciably to stick with Miami. I think we have a chance, but would fall far short of anything termed confidence.

Pretty much right on point. Bulls peaked shortly after the break, Miami peaked right before the playoffs started and haven't really let off the gas yet. Chicago entered the playoffs as the 1-seed and have played like a glorified 4-seed. Miami entered the playoffs as the 2 and have looked like the best team in the conference and arguably the best team in the league.

Aside from the inexperience, Miami has Lebron James and Dwyane Wade. Plain and simple. Derrick Rose isn't enough to counterbalance the both of them. He's going to be the 2nd or 3rd best player on the court for this entire series. I don't think it really goes any further than that.

i think your over overating Noah,Boozer and your bigs. Joel Anthony may not be a big scoring threat, but his impact on the game is HUGE. Also Bosh can at the very least match Boozers play. I dont see a monster advantage there. also we've learned the regular season records against certain opponents mean nothing. Lakers were 2-0 against the Mavs and the Celtics were 3-1 against the heat. Also the Bulls beat the Heat by a combined 8 points in 3 wins, one of which Lebron didnt play. Another factor is experience. This is Rose's first ECF.Bron and Wade have been there and done that. I say Heat in 6

Anthony sucks. Matching Boozer's offense isn't anything to brag about. Both fanbases horrendously overrate the rest of their teams. Chicago's a one-man team and Miami's a two-man team. Unfortunately for the Bulls, one of Miami's guys is way better than their guy (and is also playing the best ball of his career), and their other guy is just as good as him too.

Anthony sucks. Matching Boozer's offense isn't anything to brag about. Both fanbases horrendously overrate the rest of their teams. Chicago's a one-man team and Miami's a two-man team. Unfortunately for the Bulls, one of Miami's guys is way better than their guy (and is also playing the best ball of his career), and their other guy is just as good as him too.

yea the guy thats +93 while on the court sucks. Anthony isnt going to fill up a stat sheet but if u watched this series against Boston, you can't deny his impact on the game

Bulls swept the Heat this season... SWEPT them... and you have no clue?

Uhm, the Celtics swept the Heat this season as well. How did that help the Celtics in this series?

The Heat and Bulls are both good defensive teams, but as Rutgers mentioned this will be the first time in 3 series for the Bulls where Rose won't be the best player on the court at all times.

Uhm, the Celtics swept the Heat this season as well. How did that help the Celtics in this series?

The Heat and Bulls are both good defensive teams, but as Rutgers mentioned this will be the first time in 3 series for the Bulls where Rose won't be the best player on the court at all times.

They did?

You must have missed the part where the Heat DESTROYED them at the end of the year...

Gotta say, this particular postseason has made me realize that aside from Marv, there isn't anyone better in the business better than Kevin Harlan. I love Gus Johnson, but Harlan's pretty great at his job.

Sorry to necro this thread, but I just wanted to say all of this about Mike Breen, except make it the exact opposite.

By all means.

So can I deny Anthony's impact on the game now? Scout's honor I watched.

Well i will admit i'm no longer intrested in +/- anymore after seeing Haslem was -9 while on the court. That is officialy a garbage stat. In regards to Joel, he hasn't been anything this series. A few block thats about it, however I stick by myyyyyyyy story, Joel impacted the Boston series.

Archived