***Official Draft Day Thread***

JustInFudge

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jenkins has never been a disruptive a-hole like Haynesworth, he's just a lazy guy now who is trying to scam another owner out of a couple of million bucks-one more time

This is 100% false. His first 3 years, Jenkins was one of if not the best defensive player in the league. When he was with Carolina and they were a SB team, he was by far the MVP of that team. The guy is literally unblockable when healthy.

Its almost like Jets fans dont remember the havoc he creates when he's healthy. There's a reason Gruden called to thank Tanny when he traded to get Jenk. The attention he demands is incredible.

He's going to be cheap...there is no reason not to give him a shot. IMO

I dont agree that DE is just a plugger...not at all. Especially the way our fronts change from play to play. You need a versatile guy who can play all the 3 positions. Especially in hurry scenarios...you dont have to take him off the field. I'm thrilled with the pick and think he will make life easier for Pace and Thomas. This gives Rex a ton of flexibility to scheme up front.

It depends on what they do with Ellis, I guess. If they dump him and stick Wilkerson in his spot, is it really an upgrade? I'd like to see them use more 4-3, myself. Thomas is an absolute stiff on pass rush downs anyway. Hopefully, they steal an OLB/DE guy in the third. Maybe Brooks Reed will still be available.

This is 100% false. His first 3 years, Jenkins was one of if not the best defensive player in the league. When he was with Carolina and they were a SB team, he was by far the MVP of that team. The guy is literally unblockable when healthy.

Its almost like Jets fans dont remember the havoc he creates when he's healthy. There's a reason Gruden called to thank Tanny when he traded to get Jenk. The attention he demands is incredible.

no bro, I meant a disruptive force in the locker room-LIKE Haynesworth was last year in Washington

Jenkins is a beast, but Jenkins will never be healthy again because he doesn't want to work--he was just quoted as loving the lockout because it gave him time to lay around on the beach in Florida. Add to that he has openly said he doesn't want to play here because of the turf, and it's a done deal

Jenkins quit bro....idk get the love for him. He comes off as a happy go lucky team guy...but the dude is constantly out of shape and really doenst give a rats a$$ about it. His comments this offseason sealed the deal he'll never be back.

Im 100% certain he's not a Rex guy either. Way too high maintenance.

Sorry I was typing fast but I was actually referring to the Browns part of the trade. That was a good haul.

I know what you meant. It seems great when it's just a list of draft picks. Then they start turning into Phil Taylor and you realize it's really not all that much.

It depends on what they do with Ellis, I guess. If they dump him and stick Wilkerson in his spot, is it really an upgrade? I'd like to see them use more 4-3, myself. Thomas is an absolute stiff on pass rush downs anyway. Hopefully, they steal an OLB/DE guy in the third. Maybe Brooks Reed will still be available.

You <3 Brooks Reed.

Again, I disagree. Ellis is getting old, Pouha is 31, Price is old as dirt. We need a youth movement up front. Bottom line. This isnt about having an immediate upgrade over Ellis, its about having a corner stone on your DL for years to come and building behind him. That said, I fully expect a OLB to be drafted and I wouldnt be the least bit surprised to see the Jets move up to do so.

Further, Thomas led the team in sacks last year. Pace was right behind him. I'm not saying either are great pass rushers, their not...but we bring pressure from some many different places that we dont necessarily need an all world OLB to creat pressure. We were 8th in the league in sacks last season...its not like we are completely inept.

no bro, I meant a disruptive force in the locker room-LIKE Haynesworth was last year in Washington

My bad...lol. Dont talk about Big Jenk...JiF protects his fatties.

His addition makes our DL that much harder to contend. Who's going to get the emphasis from a blocking stand point? I think a pick like this helps our LB'ing core big time.

@ Max, I'd definitely look at bringing back Big Jenk if the price is right.

Well I guess we will find out everything else soon enough with the league being back in semi-business and all.

Jenkins quit bro....idk get the love for him. He comes off as a happy go lucky team guy...but the dude is constantly out of shape and really doenst give a rats a$$ about it. His comments this offseason sealed the deal he'll never be back.

I actually forgot about the comments...but the love is that he's a beast when he's healthy. Thats all there is to it. And I dont know why you dont think he's a Rex guy. I mean, I know Rex says a lot of different stuff about his players, but he's mentioned on several occasions how Jenk is a complete and utter game changer.

I dont really want to start an argument over this...but I see no reason not to give him a shot at returning. It cant hurt.

The dude blew out his knee! How is that quitting?

I'll never understand where the hatred comes from for Jenks. It makes no logical sense. I've never seen anyone with a legit beef for anything he's done while a Jet.

You <3 Brooks Reed.

Again, I disagree. Ellis is getting old, Pouha is 31, Price is old as dirt. We need a youth movement up front. Bottom line. This isnt about having an immediate upgrade over Ellis, its about having a corner stone on your DL for years to come and building behind him. That said, I fully expect a OLB to be drafted and I wouldnt be the least bit surprised to see the Jets move up to do so.

Further, Thomas led the team in sacks last year. Pace was right behind him. I'm not saying either are great pass rushers, their not...but we bring pressure from some many different places that we dont necessarily need an all world OLB to creat pressure. We were 8th in the league in sacks last season...its not like we are completely inept.

My bad...lol. Dont talk about Big Jenk...JiF protects his fatties.

Don't give me this "further" crap. My point is that Wilkerson isn't going out and getting you 10 sacks as the defense is currently constructed and if, as you suggest, his mere presence helps the OLB's, then it would be advantageous to have an OLB opposite Pace that can actually run and tackle a QB. You eat dicks.

And Jenkins is shot. Done. He'll steal a paycheck from some dopey team this season and disappear onto IR before Week Three.

I know what you meant. It seems great when it's just a list of draft picks. Then they start turning into Phil Taylor and you realize it's really not all that much.

Oh ok. Didn't noticed what they did with them. Doesn't matter how many picks you collect if your choice in players suck.

I really don't get this attitude toward Jenks coming from you of all people.

the Jets have played 32 games the last 2 years and he has missed 25 of them for whatever the reasons-a lot of us suspect it's because he's lazy and doesn't take getting in FOOTBALL shape seriously anymore. Also, he said he was thinking about retiring BEFORE last season-he should have-the NMS turf quote sealed it for me.

the Jets have played 32 games the last 2 years and he has missed 25 of them for whatever the reasons-a lot of us suspect it's because he's lazy and doesn't take getting in FOOTBALL shape seriously anymore. Also, he said he was thinking about retiring BEFORE last season-he should have-the NMS turf quote sealed it for me.

No man, it's because he blew out his knee twice. Work ethic has absolutely nothing to do with it. There are guys who play heavier than Jenk who don't have the same problems.

The dude's got a bum knee. It sucks because when healthy he is a dominant beast. I guarantee you Jenkins would have much rather played those 25 games than having sat and watched.

The laziness issue is an invention in your mind. There is nothing of substance to back up the allegation.

For a nose tackle he might be the most high maintenance football player I've ever seen.

Don't give me this "further" crap. My point is that Wilkerson isn't going out and getting you 10 sacks as the defense is currently constructed and if, as you suggest, his mere presence helps the OLB's, then it would be advantageous to have an OLB opposite Pace that can actually run and tackle a QB. You eat dicks.

And Jenkins is shot. Done. He'll steal a paycheck from some dopey team this season and disappear onto IR before Week Three.

Ifuknh8u. LFPb.

The draft isnt over. I think we make a play for an OLB. And I dont give a rat a$$ about your opinion on Big Jenk, so stfu. I trust Rex Ryan and what he does with this defense...whatever he decides to do is fine by me. And I hope its the opposite of everything you think he should do so I can sh*t on your face.

Jenkins isn't coming back to the Jets and I think we'll be fine without him. Anyway draft thread............how the **** do we move up so we can get an OLB or S??????????

Ahmad Black, FTW.

Ifuknh8u. LFPb.

The draft isnt over. I think we make a play for an OLB. And I dont give a rat a$$ about your opinion on Big Jenk, so stfu. I trust Rex Ryan and what he does with this defense...whatever he decides to do is fine by me. And I hope its the opposite of everything you think he should do so I can sh*t on your face.

Ahmad Black, FTW.

You can try to sh*t in my face, but I'd just roll out and the best you could hope for would be to sh*t in my ear, which is F*CKING GAY.

Jenks is Dead Man Walking. Not worth talking about. EAD.

The Wilkerson pick...pretty damn good pick. Wilkerson is now the cornerstone of the futcha of this DL. Good for him.

Is there a more perfect fit than Heyward to the Steelers? Aaron Smith is on the way out, so why not get a younger version of him?

94 seems so far away.

You want to trade up to take a S that's 5'10'' 180lbs and runs in the low 4.7s? Are you ******* nuts??

No you penis, stay put and draft the dude in the 4th or the 5th. I dont give a **** about size or speed...dudes a gamer and is perfect for this defense.

No you penis, stay put and draft the dude in the 4th or the 5th. I dont give a **** about size or speed...dudes a gamer and is perfect for this defense.

Which reminds me, I know where you can get a cheap Tebow jersey. Give Denver a future 7th round pick and they'll give you one. BONUS: Tebow actually comes WITH the jersey!

Which reminds me, I know where you can get a cheap Tebow jersey. Give Denver a future 7th round pick and they'll give you one. BONUS: Tebow actually comes WITH the jersey!

Pathetic. Like taking a jab at Tebow hurts my feelings? He never won anything without Percy Harvin.

Besides, Tebow is going to be a baller and some team is going to be very lucky to have him.

Archived