***Official Draft Day Thread***

JustInFudge

Ignoring that he is a good pick for them, they now have a legit RB and one that can catch out of the backfield.

I dunno... Woodhead catches out of the backfield. I live in Boston, I'm not even dogging them from my own perspective... their fans HATE this draft so far.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This Patriots draft kinda sucks... based on the grades NFL.com uses for prospects.

Ugh... analysts, "How can you tell that Shane Vereen is a good pick at this spot? Cause the Patriots made it."

Yeah I don't really get it...the Pats hit on like half of their second round picks the last couple of years, maybe a little better - just because they make a pick doesn't necessarily mean it's a good one.

I dunno... Woodhead catches out of the backfield. I live in Boston, I'm not even dogging them from my own perspective... their fans HATE this draft so far.

I'd hate it too, doesn't mean that the players they picked are bad. Just think that they left better players on the board. The way they handled the first round was dumb, their 2nd round has been better imo.

I think they are just sick of BB always trading down and then just trading down again for more and more picks without any clear vision on who he is trying to grab.

Think they should've just cashed it all in this year. They were in the sweet spot for a lot of good players to reload.

The could have had Cam Jordan and Ingram.

Instead they got Solder and Vareen, and a bunch of 3rd, 4th and 5th rounders that they'll have to cut.

I think the Patriots are playing a game above all of our heads.

Stockpile picks---> Manage ways to squander them and still manage to be praised.

If it sounds familiar, it's because it is a variation on the regular season game that they play.

Get best record in the NFL --> Get a$$ whooped in first playoff game they play.

:lol: Belichick is the Jackson Pollock of drafting--no matter how awful it looks, it's still genius because HE did it.

I heard there will be a three-hour documentary about it on ABC tomorrow afternoon.

You KNOW his dad is spooning him right now on the kitchen floor.

As long as Pats get guys that don't help the cause this year I'm happy

If the Pats loaded up on pass rushers, I'd actually be very, very afraid of them. Now? Meh.

Mallet will be an INT machine in the NFL.

If he can mature, he has a chance...I liked the commentary from the NFLN guys about being a coaches kid, plus the fact he get the opportunity to learn how professionally prepare...1st or even second round dicey...thrid round with his talent...I think it a chance worth taking...plus Brady won't last forever...Seems like Beli has been adding a QB every other year or so...hate his other picks but think its a good chance in the round he was taken.

Jason Canfora and Mike Lombardi just came all over themselves because the Pats traded away another pick.

When is someone going to point out that the Pats have squandered the vast majority of the 650 draft picks they've had the last three years on pure crap?

I know, right? Oh my goodness! They have SO many picks! It's unbelievable! What did they end up with? An ok left tackle prospect and two ok running backs. Meanwhile, their defense has been getting shredded for the last two years because the have Wilfork, Mayo and absolutely nothing else up front.

If he can mature, he has a chance...I liked the commentary from the NFLN guys about being a coaches kid, plus the fact he get the opportunity to learn how professionally prepare...1st or even second round dicey...thrid round with his talent...I think it a chance worth taking...plus Brady won't last forever...Seems like Beli has been adding a QB every other year or so...hate his other picks but think its a good chance in the round he was taken.

Did you see Mayock's face when Eisen asked him what, exactly, Mallett had done that was so bad? Mayock bit his tongue so hard that it almost fell off. I read that he was huge into the weed, even going so far as to drive up to Texarkana to buy a bag of it to bring back and sell on campus. Also read one rumor about meth. Also, is supposed to be hated in his own locker room.

Archived