***Official Draft Day Thread***

JustInFudge

I know, right? Oh my goodness! They have SO many picks! It's unbelievable! What did they end up with? An ok left tackle prospect and two ok running backs. Meanwhile, their defense has been getting shredded for the last two years because the have Wilfork, Mayo and absolutely nothing else up front.

I think I just figured out Bill Belichick's approach to the draft: keep trading down and compiling additional picks which impresses the draftniks and "experts" but don't ever use all of those picks on actual players, just keep trading down to add more picks that you never really have any intention of using to draft players but to trade down and add more picks to impress draftniks and "experts."

Genius!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you see Mayock's face when Eisen asked him what, exactly, Mallett had done that was so bad? Mayock bit his tongue so hard that it almost fell off. I read that he was huge into the weed, even going so far as to drive up to Texarkana to buy a bag of it to bring back and sell on campus. Also read one rumor about meth. Also, is supposed to be hated in his own locker room.

He's also allegedly been doing coke with Matt Jones.

If he can mature, he has a chance...I liked the commentary from the NFLN guys about being a coaches kid, plus the fact he get the opportunity to learn how professionally prepare...1st or even second round dicey...thrid round with his talent...I think it a chance worth taking...plus Brady won't last forever...Seems like Beli has been adding a QB every other year or so...hate his other picks but think its a good chance in the round he was taken.

He has a big arm, but he is not accurate and takes way too many chances. Can he get better? Of course, but I personally do not like him much at all as a QB. I'm probably 100% wrong, but what the hell, I don't get paid for my opinions. :D

I think I just figured out Bill Belichick's approach to the draft: keep trading down and compiling additional picks which impresses the draftniks and "experts" but don't ever use all of those picks on actual players, just keep trading down to add more picks that you never really have any intention of using to draft players but to trade down and add more picks to impress draftniks and "experts."

Genius!

It's absurd. And you know he's going to turn around and let Logan Mankins walk because he's too proud to admit that he needs him. This draft makes zero sense.

Did you see Mayock's face when Eisen asked him what, exactly, Mallett had done that was so bad? Mayock bit his tongue so hard that it almost fell off. I read that he was huge into the weed, even going so far as to drive up to Texarkana to buy a bag of it to bring back and sell on campus. Also read one rumor about meth. Also, is supposed to be hated in his own locker room.

Yeah, I heard the Matt Jones references as well...they hinted enuff...still...not like its the first round...its a third rounder...to a team that has a ton of picks...most wasted (hehe)...but think its good value...

sh*ttt...looks like Jah Reid just went to the Ravens...

Genius!

the smartest part is you wind up with a lot of guys who won't be active on game day, while your competition winds up with impact players that help you actually win a playoff game !

the smartest part is you wind up with a lot of guys who won't be active on game day, while your competition winds up with impact players that help you actually win a playoff game !

But the Pats have 612 picks in next year's draft, including all 32 picks in the first round!!! Can you imagine when Belichick uses all of those picks on players to add to his team that's become extraordinarily predictable and increasingly one-dimensional to the point where they may never win another post season game? Amazing!

The man is playing a different game than the rest of them.

But the Pats have 612 picks in next year's draft, including all 32 picks in the first round!!! Can you imagine when Belichick uses all of those picks on players to add to his team that's become extraordinarily predictable and increasingly one-dimensional to the point where they may never win another post season game? Amazing!

The man is playing a different game than the rest of them.

Exactly none of those picks helps him beat the Jets. The Jets don't have a big pass rusher that's given Light problems, and they don't have the OL to run the ball against the Jets D regardless of who's playing RB anyway. Brutal draft.

Exactly none of those picks helps him beat the Jets. The Jets don't have a big pass rusher that's given Light problems, and they don't have the OL to run the ball against the Jets D regardless of who's playing RB anyway. Brutal draft.

But Tom, Belichick has 64 picks in the first two rounds of next year's draft which he won't use and they got a back up QB who might very well be a meth addict! He's a genius.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/profiles/kenrick-ellis?id=2495148#tab=1

PROSPECT

Kenrick Ellis (DL)

Height:6'5"

Weight:346 lbs.

Arm Length:35 1/8 in.

Hand Size:10 1/2 in.

College:Hampton

Conference:MEAC

40 Yard Dash

5.28 Time

Bench Press

26.0 Reps

Vertical Jump

- -

Broad Jump

- -

3 Cone Drill

- -

20 Yard Shuttle

- -

60 Yard Shuttle

- -

OverviewAnalysisWatchDiscuss

STRENGTHS

Ellis is blessed with NFL-ideal height and weight at defensive tackle. Holds up really well at the point of attack and can take on the double team and eat up space inside. Does a very good job pushing the pocket with his bull rush and uses a few hand moves to get off blocks. Excellent burst for a big man.

WEAKNESSES

Has character flags after being suspended and later dismissed by South Carolina. Needs to do a better job of watching his pad level at times. Can be fooled by crisp ball-handling and ball-fakes. Can be neutralized by trap blocks he fails to recognize. There are some concerns about his conditioning level.

GRADE

Archived