***Official Draft Day Thread***

JustInFudge

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL, you coming to the defense of Temple of course. But you know what I mean? Who do they play against?

So I'm surprised at how this draft is shaping up because I didn't expect 2 dlinemen, given all the guys we're going to lose in free agency, you could see 1 guy as replacement for Ellis and then them going with Pouha-DeVito. Then you could have added a safety to play for Pool (he's up, isn't he?) or a WR as insurance, or a CB as insurance.

Instead, it's looking like maybe:

Let go:

Ellis

B. Smith

E. Smith (?)

Cromartie (Wilson steps in)

Re-sign

Harris

Holmes

Edwards

Is that possible? Could we possibly re-sign all of those 3?

I don't see any problem resiging those three guys. Nobody can tell for sure because nobody knows what the cap situation will be for 2011. Remember,they saved significant money by cutting Woody and Jenkins. They will probably save a bit of cash by not carrying Richardson and paying less for the blocking TE. Clemens will probably be replaced by a cheaper option.

The place where I will be interested in seeing what the do is the OLine. You left out the fact that Woody, Hunter and Turner are all FAs. I can't see going into the season with Ducasse as the only legit RT and Robby Felix and Marlon Davis as backups. IMO they will sign Woody or Hunter back, but no matter what, I expect some FA money to be spent on the OLine.

Now that I think about it, it's very weird that 4 of our last 5 draft picks stretching back to last year were spent on small school guys. That didn't work out for the 2 we took last year, so hopefully we can hit gold with these two.

Not sure how we can evaluate Wilson and Ducasse after 1 season, especially when Ducasse hasn't really seen the field yet, but I can see the concern.

:blink: A RB? Surprise. Looks like McKnight will have some competition.

I think Greene is the guy with the crosshairs on his chest. Two years in a row, he's limped to the finish line. You run as hard as Greene, you don't make it through a season.

Still, weird pick.

:blink: A RB? Surprise. Looks like McKnight will have some competition.

I'm guessing it's LT who he's replacing. The guy is certainly getting up there and years and broke down for a while last year. Plus, the scouting report on Powell seems to be that he's more of a cutback type runner, which seems like more of a compliment to Greene's power and McKnight's speed. Plus I imagine they see McKnight taking over LT's receiving responsibilities. Just a guess here of course, but I'd have to imagine if you're getting rid of a RB, it's going to be the one in his 30s.

I think Greene is the guy with the crosshairs on his chest. Two years in a row, he's limped to the finish line. You run as hard as Greene, you don't make it through a season.

Still, weird pick.

I'm not sure it means anything for Greene other than the team realizes the way he runs he can't be expected to carry too heavy of a load. LT is too old to do it anymore and McKnight just isn't that kind of back. I think the exact purpose of this pick is to give a guy to split carries with Greene while McKnight takes on the scatback / receiving role.

Still, weird pick.

Disagree. He missed the last half of the 09 championship game. He was meh for most of last year and played much better down the stretch. I don't think he wore out either year, the staff seems to want to keep him fresh. Besides, if anyone has a reason to be worried it should be the puke guy. Or the old guy.

I think they wanted Doss who got picked 3 picks ahead.

Was 1st pick they didn't put in right away.

Best thing about it is LT should be gone.

Looks like a physical runner, who should be a nice compliment to Greene with McKnight being 3rd down guy.

Won't return kicks.

Perhaps this guy was somebody they targeted heading into the draft, and they were debating whether they should go after him now or wait on it too. I have a sneaking suspicion they might have liked the safety that Jacksonville reached a bit on too, but that's entirely speculation on my part.

Archived