Newton Prediction..

drago

He will be the worst number 1 overall pick in the past 20 years. I fully expect this kid to be worse than terrible.

I have seen nothing from him that would even mildly suggest he will be a worthwhile QB in the NFL.

So glad I'm not a Panther fan.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He will be the worst number 1 overall pick in the past 20 years. I fully expect this kid to be worse than terrible.

with Jamarcus Russell out there this is a bold statement

here's my prediction: Newton won't win a ring but he will get them in the neighborhood of .500 and sell a ton of tickets. love him or hate him America cares about the Panthers with newton. No one cares about the panthers with Jimmy Clausen.

with Jamarcus Russell out there this is a bold statement

here's my prediction: Newton won't win a ring but he will get them in the neighborhood of .500 and sell a ton of tickets. love him or hate him America cares about the Panthers with newton. No one cares about the panthers with Jimmy Clausen.

They will "care" for about three games and then it will just become watching a car wreck. Did you watch that Gruden interview with him? The kid literally called plays at Auburn by number. Good luck trying to teach him a playbook, and good luck to him if he thinks he's running away from NFL LB's. Add to that he looks to be a sheltered, entitled, whackjob who likes to blame his "struggles" on the Will of God, and there you go. The dude, btw, actually said he was taking a vacation after the draft. Not running over to the Panthers facility on Monday, NOT looking to get settled so he can focus on football, but going on vacation. That's Ryan Leaf-type sh*t there.

Jimmy Clausen wasn't even given a chance. They have little weapons and no line in Carolina. I don't expect Newton to be any better than Clausen was last season.

Clausen stinks. Newton will just be an epic meltdown though and I'm going to love every second.

Clausen stinks. Newton will just be an epic meltdown though and I'm going to love every second.

I got a prediction: 10 years from now, you will be saying Jimmy Claussen had a better career than Newton.

So no matter how bad you think Claussen is going to ultimately be, Newton will be worse.

you all are way off on this player.

Inside an NFL locker room those dudes look around and see Cam Newton, they are trying. The defense will try. the OL will block a little harder. Why? Cause they know they have a chance. No one cares if his dad took money or if he swiped a laptop. They want to win, and Cam's a winner. They hate Jimmy Clausen's guts... and check out before the game even starts. It might not be right but that's the way it is. Clausen is perceived as a jerk and he can't ball so what's the appeal? If JaY Cutler had no talent he'd be Jimmy Clausen.

Meanwhile CAM runs like a RB. He is about as easy to tackle as a TE. He throws a little too. This is a once in 10 years kind of talent. He won't be an ideal QB but he's far better than what they had and he can win games. He can beat bad defenses like Vince Young or Tim Tebow. Or early Mike Vick.

Let me also add the league takes care of its stars. VY won 6 in a row once and Newton is a better prospect than VY. He will get every roughing the passer call, every questionable instant replay challege. The league needs players like Cam Newton to market and they don't come around every year. They will give him every single chance to succeed. the NFL is not always a fair place it's sometimes more like the WWE than we care to realize. They will stack the deck for cam Newton.

Inside an NFL locker room those dudes look around and see Cam Newton, they are trying. The defense will try. the OL will block a little harder. Why? Cause they know they have a chance. No one cares if his dad took money or if he swiped a laptop. They want to win, and Cam's a winner. They hate Jimmy Clausen's guts... and check out before the game even starts. It might not be right but that's the way it is. Clausen is perceived as a jerk and he can't ball so what's the appeal? If JaY Cutler had no talent he'd be Jimmy Clausen.

Meanwhile CAM runs like a RB. He is about as easy to tackle as a TE. He throws a little too. This is a once in 10 years kind of talent. He won't be an ideal QB but he's far better than what they had and he can win games. He can beat bad defenses like Vince Young or Tim Tebow. Or early Mike Vick.

Let me also add the league takes care of its stars. VY won 6 in a row once and Newton is a better prospect than VY. He will get every roughing the passer call, every questionable instant replay challege. The league needs players like Cam Newton to market and they don't come around every year. They will give him every single chance to succeed. the NFL is not always a fair place it's sometimes more like the WWE than we care to realize. They will stack the deck for cam Newton.

And VG needs 2 or 3 years to become an all pro lber

Mike Vick won early because he ran a 4.23/40 and the Falcons ran the wishbone for him. Tebow played for Meyer, whose offense is fairly sophisticated. You can make the VY comparison, but why would you want to?

You can make the VY comparison, but why would you want to?

Vince young (who i bashed relentlessly pre-draft) won Rookie of the Year and still has a winning record as a starter. Im sorry but if VY's a bust than our expectations are too high.

I have seen nothing from him that would even mildly suggest he will be a worthwhile QB in the NFL.

So glad I'm not a Panther fan.

Yes, because winning the Heisman and the National Championship means nothing... :rolleyes:

Vince young (who i bashed relentlessly pre-draft) won Rookie of the Year and still has a winning record as a starter. Im sorry but if VY's a bust than our expectations are too high.

The guy took off his shoulder pads and threw them into the stands mid game.

Vince Young was also an excuse-making, entitled weenie who melted down when the going got tough. As a passer, he averaged something like 150 yards per game and was little more than a caretaker whom they prayed would offset his turnovers by making a couple of scrambles. And Cam Newton isn't significantly better than VY was.

The guy took off his shoulder pads and threw them into the stands mid game.

it's all entertainment either way

people will get into their cars, drive to a parking lot and watch Cam Newton play. Even if they hate the dude and want to boo him it's at least an emotion.

They won't get off their sofas for Jimmy Clausen. Love him or hate him at least people will care about the Panthers.

the Panthers have 0 prime time games in 2011 i guarantee they will put Cam on a high profile game in 2012 maybe Thanksgiving.

Of course he's gonna suck,. We all know blacks shouldnt play QB in the first place. Blaine Gabbert and the Ginger from TCU are much much better <_<

don't...David Garrard threw for 65% completion pct. It's not that DLJ, he just doesn't throw like a #1 pick in the draft

don't...David Garrard threw for 65% completion pct. It's not that DLJ, he just doesn't throw like a #1 pick in the draft

He's won on every level he's played, if he isnt a winner or doesnt have a winning pedigree then I dont know who does. Granted you may not like the guy because of character issues but lets be serious here, he dominated the most difficult conference in the NCAA

Hey, not many gingers turn into good QB's. As a fellow ginger, I'm hoping good things happen for Dalton.

lol! Im rooting for Dalton. I hope he gets picked by the Bills. Not a slapdick team like the Bungles.

He's won on every level he's played, if he isnt a winner or doesnt have a winning pedigree then I dont know who does. Granted you may not like the guy because of character issues but lets be serious here, he dominated the most difficult conference in the NCAA

Cam or Tebow?

it's all entertainment either way

people will get into their cars, drive to a parking lot and watch Cam Newton play. Even if they hate the dude and want to boo him it's at least an emotion.

They won't get off their sofas for Jimmy Clausen. Love him or hate him at least people will care about the Panthers.

the Panthers have 0 prime time games in 2011 i guarantee they will put Cam on a high profile game in 2012 maybe Thanksgiving.

If your plan is to get relevant, sure take the big name....but dude the NFL is not the WWF. If you cant play, you're out. Reggie Bush was probably the biggest draft name ever...and the Saints relevance has zero to do with him.

Auburns offense was so insanely simple it's really going to take years before he can get on the field and actually contribute.

You become relevant when you win...Cam isnt the guy that's going to win at this level imo as a QB.

I didn't say 1 thing about his character I said he doesn't throw the ball well enough. He doesn't know how to drop back with urgency and then make the throws either. Did you SEE any of his combine passes?

Archived