Anybody hear Hermys press conference today?

Barton

Just heard alittle bit from it on mike and the maddog.

Herm kept going on like he was OK if he is to leave after the season and how he wants to make it better "for the next guy that comes in here" and "thats what he wants to do", make it better for "the next guy". Definetly not the Herm of old.

Judging from this, I'd say it seems like a REAL possibility he is not coaching this team next year. He sounded deflated, maybe alittle worried and kept talking about the future which didnt involve him coaching the Jets.

Jets arent winning more than 4 games, not a chance in hell. If Herm is feeling the heat NOW, he'll probably have 1 foot out the door by the time the season is over.

Just heard alittle bit from it on mike and the maddog.

Herm kept going on like he was OK if he is to leave after the season and how he wants to make it better "for the next guy that comes in here" and "thats what he wants to do", make it better for "the next guy". Definetly not the Herm of old.

Judging from this, I'd say it seems like a REAL possibility he is not coaching this team next year. He sounded deflated, maybe alittle worried and kept talking about the future which didnt involve him coaching the Jets.

Jets arent winning more than 4 games, not a chance in hell. If Herm is feeling the heat NOW, he'll probably have 1 foot out the door by the time the season is over.

Herm will be gone after the season

I Guarantee it!

He just doesn't know when to be quiet.

He could simply say he has a contract through 2007 and ask for next.

Instead, he gets into all this "I want to make a difference" like he works for a charity and leaving it better for the next guy.

Either he has a strong hint that he's on the way out and is trying to hasten his demise. Or he's a snake who's daring his owner to can him to go to KC. Either way he's dumber than a tree stump or a total scheming scumbag. Both possibilties mean that Edwards is a tool and a useless one for the Jets.

It's almost at the point that the Jets should ask the NFL to mount a tampering investigation. Want him, Mrs. Hunt and Peterson-ante up a few top picks or take a few onerous contracts off our hands with Hermie.

Head Coach Herm Edwards, 11.16.05

Injuries.

All right, let me see here. Jay Fiedler is still out. Derrick Blaylock is still out. David Barrett will be out. He came in yesterday, and he still has that eye, a laceration in the back. The doctors are saying he's not ready to play, so he'll be out this week. Kenyatta Wright is questionable with the ankle. BJ Askew is questionable with the hamstring. Pete Kendall (is questionable) with a back (injury). Curtis Martin is probable. We have some guys sore, but other than that we're doing well.

Opening Statement.

As far as Denver, they are a very good football team. They have a very quick and athletic offensive line. They do a great job of running the ball. They are running the ball for about 165 yards a game. Believe it or not, in all their run attempts, they only have eight minus attempts in running the football. That tells you they're pretty productive when they run the ball. They've got some good backs.

Their line does a good job of really hooking your defensive players, getting up to the second level. And the backs do a great job of running downhill. They're north/south runners. They've got some good receivers. (Rod) Smith, (Ashley) Lelie is a good player. Jake Plummer is probably having one of his best years. He only turned the ball over three times. I think he's managing the game very, very well. They do a good job at home. I think they're scoring 25 points or something like that at home. They haven't lost a home game. They are playing well.

On defense, their linebackers are very good. Their front is good. They do a lot of movement. They bring pressure. There's a guy, I think I know this guy, he's kind of familiar, he wears No. 47. He's down in the box a lot either on the weak or the strong sides, playing well. Their corners are very good. Champ Bailey is one of the better ones in the league. (Darrent) Williams is a good corner also. (George) Foxworth comes in at the nickel. Ferguson, Nick, is playing for them. He is starting and doing a good job.

But they have a good defense. They bring pressure. Don't give up a lot of points. They've only given up 51 points in the first quarter. They don't let people run the ball. They've only given up 85 yards against the run. Their kickers are good, punter and their kicker. Obviously (they have) a good stadium to kick in, the fact of the air. I' m hoping our guys can kick well in the stadium. Kicking can be important, especially if the game is close like this.

We'll have our work cut out. I think our guys understand where we're at. They know how we have to prepare. We'll do that this week.

Questions?

On what it is it like for a football team to play at the altitude in Denver.

I think it gets you early, probably your breathing changes a little. I can remember going in there and playing as a player. I can remember going in there as a player, Elway's rookie year. You feel that sense. But then all of a sudden you get the pattern down, you're okay. I mean, you're all right. You get a little winded. There's oxygen generally on your sideline when you play those guys because you get a little winded at times, get a little light

Archived