Ortiz Goes Yard, Celebrates with Soldiers

CrazyCarl40

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=14399349&topic_id=8877966&c_id=bos

The guy he hugs is an Army Ranger who threw out the first pitch in the game. Many other teams had tributes for soldiers like the Padres and Nationals. It always intrigues me how sports and this kind of stuff intertwines.

I hate all the Sawx, except for Pappy...I just can't stand him

Because this thread is useless.

I'd like to refer Crazy Carol to this above post

Which one of you is Jim Carrey and which one of you is Jeff Daniels.

This thread is not useless. It's pertinent and topical. If you don't have anything RELEVANT to say, don't post.

Are some of you Yankees fans that classless of classless assholes that you have to respond to a thread about Papi sharing a special moment with soldiers with asinine 5 year old retorts?

This thread has nothing to do with your little rivalry that BREAKING NEWS: No One Gives A sh*t Outside The Upper East Coast & ESPN Baseball.

The problem with Yankees fans is that the minority of you are so classless that your childish antics heavily outweigh that of the majority who are stand-up people.

Nice thread Carl. Nice video.

Are some of you Yankees fans that classless of classless assholes that you have to respond to a thread about Papi sharing a special moment with soldiers with asinine 5 year old retorts?

This thread has nothing to do with your little rivalry that BREAKING NEWS: No One Gives A sh*t Outside The Upper East Coast & ESPN Baseball.

The problem with Yankees fans is that the minority of you are so classless that your childish antics heavily outweigh that of the majority who are stand-up people.

Nice thread Carl. Nice video.

GOB.....to be fair...there is not a pro sports team that doesn't have a percentage of their fan base that the other 90% wouln't reject. Class move by Ortiz.

GOB.....to be fair...there is not a pro sports team that doesn't have a percentage of their fan base that the other 90% wouln't reject. Class move by Ortiz.

Completely agree. There are some Sox fans that are a-holes. Every team has them.

It's not a baseball story or a politics story. It's a waste of bandwidth.

So the many media outlets who wrote this story, aired this story, and put this story on the web are all wrong in their news judgement but you, who probably does not work in the media, is right? Is this correct?

If you think this thread is so bad, why do you continue to post in it? Is your life really that boring?

So the many media outlets who wrote this story, aired this story, and put this story on the web are all wrong in their news judgement but you, who probably does not work in the media, is right? Is this correct?

If you think this thread is so bad, why do you continue to post in it? Is your life really that boring?

At least I didnt START this thread.

OHHH what a zinger...did you have to consult a group of 10 year olds for that comeback?

feel good story my arse, I never feel good after the Red Sox win

Seriously Carl? You start this thread on a site where you know Yankees fans outnumber Red Sox fans by about 1000 to 1 and you expected people not to make snide remarks about David Ortiz?

...I would think that NEW YORK Yankee fans...and/or native New Yorkers could...I 'dunno....put some sports rivalry aside regarding something involving the military - in light of the recent military action - since...um....New York City was impacted the most by a sensless, horrendous, criminal act on 9/11/01. Just sayin'.

...I would think that NEW YORK Yankee fans...and/or native New Yorkers could...I 'dunno....put some sports rivalry aside regarding something involving the military - in light of the recent military action - since...um....New York City was impacted the most by a sensless, horrendous, criminal act on 9/11/01. Just sayin'.

None of that has anything to do with this dumb video.

None of that has anything to do with this dumb video.

Exactly what about the video is dumb? That a player has the actual perception to recognize a military personnel?

Yeah, how stupid can you get.

If Derek Jeter did such a thing, he would be nominated for a Humanitarian award.

Put your petty and childish differences aside. Or look away if it bothers you so much.

Exactly what about the video is dumb? That a player has the actual perception to recognize a military personnel?

If Derek Jeter did such a thing, he would be nominated for a Humanitarian award.

Put your petty and childish differences aside. Or look away if it bothers you so much.

Scotty it was a nice moment but Carl should know better. Especially with the antagonistic relationship he has with Blackout. Hell, just knowing Blackout and his outreageous homerdom should tip you off to this type of reaction.

You must love this thread because it's just as useless as the vast majority of your posts. BTW if this was Jeter or any other yankee it would still be a dumb thread about nothing thats right out of boston's unpaid PR intern.

You must love this thread because it's just as useless as the vast majority of your posts. BTW if this was Jeter or any other yankee it would still be a dumb thread about nothing thats right out of boston's unpaid PR intern.

Mike, if Jeter did this you'd be verbally fellating him all over this board and you know it.

Archived