Ortiz Goes Yard, Celebrates with Soldiers

CrazyCarl40

Seriously Carl? You start this thread on a site where you know Yankees fans outnumber Red Sox fans by about 1000 to 1 and you expected people not to make snide remarks about David Ortiz?

You're right. I should come to expect much less out of some around here. I thought people could be civil enough to see the bigger picture in all of it. It was a nice story and a nice moment for that fan and his family. With everything that happened, you would think there could be a smidge of harmony. I should of learned my lesson from the last feel good story I posted that even involved the Yankees and got nothing but snide remarks from.

You must love this thread because it's just as useless as the vast majority of your posts. BTW if this was Jeter or any other yankee it would still be a dumb thread about nothing thats right out of boston's unpaid PR intern.

It will be a SAD day in these parts when post validity of usefulness is judged by the likes of you.

It's a BASEBALL story. It has nothing to do with politics.

you post an article about David Ortiz with someone who chooses to get paid to go to war and kill people. A war that nobody in this country wants. I'll stop at that. This is not a political forum so threads like this have no place here.

next time stop at "Ortiz goes yard"

you post an article about David Ortiz with someone who chooses to get paid to go to war and kill people. A war that nobody in this country wants. I'll stop at that. This is not a political forum so threads like this have no place here.

:blink:

Are you trying to be the anti-Falcon?

I second Klecko

:blink: :blink:

And we should be thankful a guy like that goes to war for us.

If he didn't, we would be f'd as a nation because of people like you.

And we should be thankful a guy like that goes to war for us.

If he didn't, we would be f'd as a nation because of people like you.

ever hear of Abu Ghraib?

not all those guys are innocent...I guess you never heard about what US Soldiers did in Viet Nam either. #Doh

ever hear of Abu Ghraib?

not all those guys are innocent...I guess you never heard about what US Soldiers did in Viet Nam either. #Doh

No.....Do tell. :rolleyes:

I know what people in my own Battalion did.

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Hearts-Platoons-Descent-Triangle/dp/0307450759

Your ignorance is laughable.

The Armed Forces are a reflection of our society. Instead of raping and murdering some woman in Norman, Oklahoma, they do it in the armed forces.

For every Abu Ghraib, there are 100s of thousands of soldiers, sailors and marines doing the right thing.

Clearly the moderators forgot about this part of the forum.

I'm not saying all soldiers do evil things, but as someone who has an old friend from Vietnam I've heard some disturbing stories.....I refuse to be a sheep.

I'm not saying all soldiers do evil things, but as someone who has an old friend from Vietnam I've heard some disturbing stories.....I refuse to be a sheep.

So, essentially, there are no angelic or perfect pieces of society.

Illuminating.

Clearly.

No politics. Thank you.

Really at a loss. Ortiz puts a smile on the face of a guy who has served this country honorably.

Ask anyone who has ever been at public appearance of the steely groundball machine known as "gets past a diving" Derek Jeter; unless you are a total hot piece of a$$ there is zero chance he'll do anything more than a perfunctory shake of your hand. Now may be with greenflies perpetually trying to trade on him, his wariness is justified. But he'd never doing something like this nice gesture by Ortiz.

Really at a loss. Ortiz puts a smile on the face of a guy who has served this country honorably.

Ask anyone who has ever been at public appearance of the steely groundball machine known as "gets past a diving" Derek Jeter; unless you are a total hot piece of a$$ there is zero chance he'll do anything more than a perfunctory shake of your hand. Now may be with greenflies perpetually trying to trade on him, his wariness is justified. But he'd never doing something like this nice gesture by Ortiz.

And with that elegant statement, we can call this a thread.

Thank you.

+1

It is good to see an athlete not get lost in themselves and take time to recognize people or give their time to a cause without recognition.

And there is one underlying issue from every war, some soldiers for lack of a better term, 'lose their minds'.

Jeter doesn't do roids or hug ;)

+1

And there is one underlying issue from every war, some soldiers for lack of a better term, 'lose their minds'.

happened to my friends brother....she goes and visits the place he's living at now but he'll never be the same.

Archived