WE NEED TO CUT THE FAT OFF THE STEAK!!!!!

GlennFoley

By fat I mean

Chad Pennington-Public Enemy #1

Justin McCariens-Public Enemy #2

Curtis Martin(hate to say it)-Give him a Rolex, and let him be on his way(retirement)

Derrick Blaylock-Cedric Houston is just as good if not better

Jason Fabini-Give him a 6 inch italian combo sub from Blimpie, and let him be on his way

David Barrett-Too much desparity with this guy.. Hes great one game, and complete garbage the next..

James Reed-Tell him hes a better boxer then football player, and he should contact Mark Gastineau to set things up for him in the ring

Herman Edwards-The team looks/sounds mentally beaten.. That's a reflection on the coach..

Mike Heimerdinger-Horrible play caller without Shannahan or Fisher there to baby him through..

Terry Bradway-the NFL should blacklist this guy from all other front office positions..

Forget the cap hit..All these people are pretty much useless at this point in their career.. All they are doing is blocking the way for a younger player to take their spot..

And one more year like this for the following players, and they're going to be on this list

Shaun Ellis-Looks a little broken down this year.. Few tackles, Few sacks... Not worth the money

Dewayne Robertson- Just not worth all the money we're giving him.. Hes no better then William Joseph of the Giants IMO.. DBlob=average player

Eric Barton- The only reason I don't cut him this year is because Mark Brown is that bad

Victor Hobson-He's the David Barrett of the linebacker corps

Laverneous Coles- Is he a #1 reciever like hes getting paid to be? I don't know hes played like an average #2 the last 2 seasons...

Donnie Henderson- Defense underachieved this year IMO

i for one think he's got some valid points. namely martin and fabini. they gotta go.

martin...love ya, you're near and dear to my heart and to all jets fans' hearts but time to go enjoy your money and prepare your HOF speech. losing jordan was a gotdamn crying shame and bradway should be burned at the stake for letting it happen. what's martin's contract got on it? 4 more years? gimme a break.

fabini...never liked you, get the F out.

penny needs to be told: restructure or you're gone, but let him compete for the job, why not.

By fat I mean

Let's go through this:

* Pennington - 12M of dead cash on the cap, and 0 cap savings

* McCareins - about 758K EXTRA to cut him than it is to keep him. This doesn't count the price of a replacement.

* Martin - 2.2M savings if he's cut before June 1, or there is no new CBA. If there is a new CBA, you can cut him after 6/1 for 6.2M savings in 2006 (and a 4M charge in 2007)

* Blaylock - Yet another guy who would cost 920K more to cut than to keep on the team.

* Fabini - This is legit, and a 3.2M savings

* Barrett - Yet another guy with an ADDITIONAL CHARGE on the cap to cut.... 195K

* Reed - No need to cut, he's not signed for 2006

* Edwards - I would not cut him, or whatever. I'd give him another shot unless he asks to leave. If so, I'd like to see some compensation

* Heimerdinger - This won't happen since he has 2 yrs left at 1M per remaining

* Bradway - Now you make yourself look stupid with your assessment

* Ellis - If cut after 2006, going into 2007, he still has an EXTRA 67K cap hit to be cut

* Robertson - He'll be restructured THIS YEAR, and he's not having a bad year

* Barton - He'll save 1.4M this year if cut, and 2.4 if after 2006

* Hobson - He plays at near minimum and he'll save 545K if cut after 2006.

* Coles - 1.2M savings if after 2006. If after this year, there would be an EXTRA charge of 2.2M

* Donnie Henderson- He is the most overrated coach on the staff.. Good coach, not great.

It's EASY to say "Forget about the cap" but that's not reality. You don't make yourself sound too intelligent when you post stuff like this.

Let's go through this:

* Pennington - 12M of dead cash on the cap, and 0 cap savings

* McCareins - about 758K EXTRA to cut him than it is to keep him. This doesn't count the price of a replacement.

* Martin - 2.2M savings if he's cut before June 1, or there is no new CBA. If there is a new CBA, you can cut him after 6/1 for 6.2M savings in 2006 (and a 4M charge in 2007)

* Blaylock - Yet another guy who would cost 920K more to cut than to keep on the team.

* Fabini - This is legit, and a 3.2M savings

* Barrett - Yet another guy with an ADDITIONAL CHARGE on the cap to cut.... 195K

* Reed - No need to cut, he's not signed for 2006

* Edwards - I would not cut him, or whatever. I'd give him another shot unless he asks to leave. If so, I'd like to see some compensation

* Heimerdinger - This won't happen since he has 2 yrs left at 1M per remaining

* Bradway - Now you make yourself look stupid with your assessment

* Ellis - If cut after 2006, going into 2007, he still has an EXTRA 67K cap hit to be cut

* Robertson - He'll be restructured THIS YEAR, and he's not having a bad year

* Barton - He'll save 1.4M this year if cut, and 2.4 if after 2006

* Hobson - He plays at near minimum and he'll save 545K if cut after 2006.

* Coles - 1.2M savings if after 2006. If after this year, there would be an EXTRA charge of 2.2M

* Donnie Henderson- He is the most overrated coach on the staff.. Good coach, not great.

It's EASY to say "Forget about the cap" but that's not reality. You don't make yourself sound too intelligent when you post stuff like this.

aec4 is to JetNation as to what Miguel is to Patsfan.com.

Nice job with the "facts".

=D>=D>=D>

BTW TX, i bet you are in your glory with how bad the Jets have played this year huh? Almost makes up for mediocrity from the pats? :wink:

Actually Stiller, there is nothing better then a Pats-Jets dogfight for the AFCE.

Unfortunately, the Jets suck this year and the Pats aren't far behind.

But at least the Pats whipped the Steelers a** in Pittsburgh (once again). :wink:

foley....first off, i DO have to agree with martin and fabini...but as it was said earlier, robertson will be restructured, as will pennington(watch--hes a team guy and hes gonna prove it). second...you want to cut shaun ellis? jason taylor had an off year a few years ago, i wonder if fins fans wanted him gone? NO...stop being an idiot and trying to tear the team completely apart. The defense is going to be steller next year IF we get a DT to complement robertson...vilma, abraham, miller, coleman, ellis, and robertson are a very solid nucleus. coles is good, and next year IF pennington is healthy they are going to have a great thing going

basically what im saying is i agree...stop being stupid man

Archived