Islam is a beautiful faith

slats

It's amazing to me how ignorant people in this country are. They get the Rush Limbaugh Qur'an Cliff Notes, and think they know something. Guess what? You don't.

Islam is actually a very tolerant faith. The problem is poverty, and a culture of people being taught that the west is their enemy. 72% of adults in Afghanistan can't read. Which means that they have a lot on common with Americans - in that they've never read the Qur'an. They believe what their leaders tell them about it, just like the ignorant people here do. There are no 72 virgins in the Qur'an, and suicide is a mortal sin - not something their faith rewards. It's extremists who convince their ignorant foot soldiers of this nonsense. Just like extremists here teach their ignorant foot soldiers what they want them to believe about Islam. And the ignorant lap it up in both cases. It's good to be told you're better than someone else.

Catholics, in particular, should read the Qur'an. Catholics have made a saint out of the Virgin Mary despite the fact that there's very little written about her in the Bible. The Qur'an -in contrast- devotes an entire chapter to her. She is considered to be perhaps the most righteous woman in all of Islam (yes, Islam). They believe in the virgin birth of Jesus Christ, and that Jesus was sent to Earth directly by God to preach his word. They consider Jesus to be Muslim (directly - one who submits to the will of God). Think about that. Is that the teaching of an intolerant faith? Far more tolerant than the views of westerners who refuse to acknowledge any legitimacy about Muhammad at all.

Islamic extremism is evil - but all extremism is evil. All intolerance is evil - including the intolerance of Islam. A Christian bombed Oklahoma City. Christians bomb abortion clinics. And the history of Christianity from the Crusades thru the Inquisition is no better - and probably worse.

Thanks, and sorry I missed the open threads earlier. :)

It's amazing to me how ignorant people in this country are. They get the Rush Limbaugh Qur'an Cliff Notes, and think they know something. Guess what? You don't.

Islam is actually a very tolerant faith. The problem is poverty, and a culture of people being taught that the west is their enemy. 72% of adults in Afghanistan can't read. Which means that they have a lot on common with Americans - in that they've never read the Qur'an. They believe what their leaders tell them about it, just like the ignorant people here do. There are no 72 virgins in the Qur'an, and suicide is a mortal sin - not something their faith rewards. It's extremists who convince their ignorant foot soldiers of this nonsense. Just like extremists here teach their ignorant foot soldiers what they want them to believe about Islam. And the ignorant lap it up in both cases. It's good to be told you're better than someone else.

Catholics, in particular, should read the Qur'an. Catholics have made a saint out of the Virgin Mary despite the fact that there's very little written about her in the Bible. The Qur'an -in contrast- devotes an entire chapter to her. She is considered to be perhaps the most righteous woman in all of Islam (yes, Islam). They believe in the virgin birth of Jesus Christ, and that Jesus was sent to Earth directly by God to preach his word. They consider Jesus to be Muslim (directly - one who submits to the will of God). Think about that. Is that the teaching of an intolerant faith? Far more tolerant than the views of westerners who refuse to acknowledge any legitimacy about Muhammad at all.

Islamic extremism is evil - but all extremism is evil. All intolerance is evil - including the intolerance of Islam. A Christian bombed Oklahoma City. Christians bomb abortion clinics. And the history of Christianity from the Crusades thru the Inquisition is no better - and probably worse.

Thanks, and sorry I missed the open threads earlier. :)

Kill them (unbelievers) wherever you find them. Drive them out of the places from which they drove you, for persecution is worse than slaughter…. Such is the reward of those who reject faith

Fight against them (unbelievers) until there is no dissension, and the religion is for Allah

We will throw terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve

Seize them and slay them wherever ye find them; and in any case take no friends or helpers from their ranks

Allah made a covenant with the children of Israel…. But because they broke their covenant, we cursed them and hardened their hearts. They changed the words from their places and have forgotten a portion of what they were reminded…. With those who called themselves Christians, we made a covenant, but they have forgotten much of what they were reminded. Therefore, we stirred among them enmity and hatred till the day of resurrection.

Fight them (unbelievers) until persecution is no more and the religion of Allah reigns supreme

Do not suppose that the unbelievers have outstripped Allah. They cannot frustrate me. Against them make ready your strength to the utmost power, including steeds of war, so that you strike terror into the enemies of allah and your enemy, and others besides them whom you do not know but Allah does

Those who believe and migrated from their homes and fought for the Way of Allah, and those who have sheltered them and helped them they are truly the believers

For four months you shall journey freely in the land. but know that you shall not render Allah incapable, and that Allah will humiliate the unbelievers…. And give glad tidings to the unbelievers of a painful punishment…. When the sacred months are over, slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Take them and confine them, then lie in ambush everywhere for them

I personally love this next gem.

Believers, why is it that when it is said to you: ‘march in the way of Allah, ‘ you linger with heaviness in the land? Are you content with this life rather than the everlasting life? Yet the enjoyment of this life in (comparison to) the everlasting life is little. If you do not go forth, he will punish you with a painful punishment and replace you by another nation

Allah has purchased from the believers their selves and possessions, and for them is paradise. They fight in the way of Allah, slay, and are slain

Therefore, when you meet the unbelievers smite their necks, then, when you have killed many of them, tie the bonds…. As for those who are killed in the Way of Allah, he will not let their works to go astray

The believers ask: ‘has a chapter been sent down? ‘ but when a clear chapter is sent down and fighting is mentioned in it, you see those in whose hearts is sickness looking towards you as one who swoons at death

Now while most of the above are war cries, what isn't taught to these young suicide bombers are specific examples of Allah denying entry for those who take their own lives...

A man was inflicted with wounds and he committed suicide, and so Allah said: My slave has caused death on himself hurriedly, so I forbid Paradise for him.

I've never witnessed something so bizarre on the internet as I have with the complete and utter tolerance of Muslim bashing that goes on in internet forums. And every single one of them starts and/or ends the same; 'and before anyone calls me a racist, this is NOT racist.' Every single time. It would be ******* hilarious if it wasn't so stupidly offensive to anyone with an average level of intelligence. It's like the first cousin of Ron Burgundy's 'It's science' justification for why women have smaller brains than men. The fact that crap like this never results in bannings makes it even worse. Oh, he's only talking about Muslims, we can let this one go.

I've never witnessed something so bizarre on the internet as I have with the complete and utter tolerance of Muslim bashing that goes on in internet forums. And every single one of them starts and/or ends the same; 'and before anyone calls me a racist, this is NOT racist.' Every single time. It would be ******* hilarious if it wasn't so stupidly offensive to anyone with an average level of intelligence. It's like the first cousin of Ron Burgundy's 'It's science' justification for why women have smaller brains than men. The fact that crap like this never results in bannings makes it even worse. Oh, he's only talking about Muslims, we can let this one go.

At the end of the day though...who cares? Let people make a fool of themselves and K-I-M.

I'm not going to scream to the mods to ban someone over it.

It really is mind blowing. Everyone knows white people and their sometimes allies/longtime business partners, the Jews, are scarier. Duh.

..snip..

That same sort of thing can be found in your holy book:

Kill those who are not Christian or Jewish:

You must kill those who worship another god. Exodus 22:20

Kill any friends or family that worship a god that is different than your own. Deuteronomy 13:6-10

Kill all the inhabitants of any city where you find people that worship differently than you. Deuteronomy 13:12-16

Kill everyone who has religious views that are different than your own. Deuteronomy 17:2-7

Kill anyone who refuses to listen to a priest. Deuteronomy 17:12-13

Kill any false prophets. Deuteronomy 18:20

Any city that doesn’t receive the followers of Jesus will be destroyed in a manner even more savage than that of Sodom and Gomorrah. Mark 6:11

Jude reminds us that God destroys those who don’t believe in him. Jude 5

Ignorance is bliss. Christians should not practice free inquiry nor socialize with non Christians:

Don’t associate with non-Christians. Don’t receive them into your house or even exchange greeting with them. 2 John 1:10

Shun those who disagree with your religious views. Romans 16:17

Paul, knowing that their faith would crumble if subjected to free and critical inquiry, tells his followers to avoid philosophy. Colossians 2:8

Judge other religions for not following Christ:

Whoever denies “that Jesus is the Christ” is a liar and an anti-Christ. 1 John 2:22

Christians are “of God;” everyone else is wicked. 1 John 5:19

The non-Christian is “a deceiver and an anti-Christ” 2 John 1:7

Anyone who doesn’t share Paul’s beliefs has “an evil heart.” Hebrews 3:12

False Jews are members of “the synagogue of Satan.” Revelations 2:9, 3:9

Here are my two personal favorites:

Everyone will have to worship Jesus -- whether they want to or not. Philippians 2:10

A Christian can not be accused of any wrongdoing. Romans 8:33

I need to get in before this thread is locked.

In my book all religions preach bigotry and hatred. How many different protestant sects are there? 50, 100, 200? The Catholic Church has been responsible for many horrific things. The Jews? No clue as I was forced to go to a Lutheran Church by my parents until I went to College.

It cracks me up that Church going people believe their religious beliefs are better than the other Church going people who are in another Church or practice another faith.

I have no problem with people who believe in a God. Just don't kill people or start wars in the name of your particular God.

and think they know something. Guess what? You don't.

You're right, I know very little about Islam.

Know what I do know?

I know how many folks claim to be speaking for it when they kill others, around the world, on an almost daily basis.

Islamic extremism is evil

Nice of you to admit that, three paragraphs in.

All intolerance is evil

Incorrect.

For example, I do not tolerate Naziism. Nothing evil about intolerance of things worthy of not being tolerated.

I am quite intolerant of those who kill in the name of a God or Gods, which today is primarily those claiming to be of Islam.

I assure you, if Mid-westers Christians rise up and start suicide bombing, I'll be equally intollerant of them.

A Christian bombed Oklahoma City.

But not for his faith. For his anti-Government beliefs. Small difference.

Christians bomb abortion clinics.

Far less frequently than those claiming to speak for Islam kill both their fellow Islamic brothers, and those not of the Faith.

For example, please link the last (chronological) Abortion Clininc Bombing. Then link the last report os someone killing in the name of Islam. Check the dates of each report.

And the history of Christianity from the Crusades thru the Inquisition is no better - and probably worse.

The Inquisition was what, 400 years ago? Crusades, 800 years ago?

Could have at least went for something more recent....

And....IBTL, what do you think this is, JI Politics Forum?

Boy oh boy. Gotta love it when Grand Window of Internet Intolerance opens up so people can lay bare their normally closeted ignorance anonymously. Fortunately, "Islam" will only be on the slab until there's an inner-city police brutality story in the news or more illegal immigrants take some valued jobs picking lettuce away from college graduates.

The problem is that moderate Muslins don't have a strong voice and instead of condemning the extremists (who are not that few) they blame the West for everything.

Crusades, Inquisition... Islam butchered 70 millions Hindus in India. Why nobody talks about that?

The problem is that moderate Muslins don't have a strong voice and instead of condemning the extremists (who are not that few) they blame the West for everything.

Crusades, Inquisition... Islam butchered 70 millions Hindus in India. Why nobody talks about that?

Yep. The USA doesn't have a history of tolerance* either. Women couldn't vote until 1920. That is crazy. Slavery, segregation up until the 1960's? That is beyond comprehension.

*Australia was terrible as well. I blame the British!

Guys -- we left the Bin Laden thread up so people can vent. Yes some things were said that people don't agree with, myself included. Let's just remember this isn't the place for politics and religion. Thanks.

Archived