What's Aten that Dude?

sirlancemehlot

Hah! See what I did there! Laugh you buncha whiny mother****ers! Thats what we're here for...isn't it? I don't care if we all get along. I'm not going to insult a soul. But since I couldn't send Crusher a private message for some reason, I'll send one publicly. AHEM. I have been around a long long time. A time when humor and wit and football reigned...even on JI. Then JI got invaded by a bunch of crybabys and chest thumpers and judgemental douches. So I migrated. And it was good. For a good long while it was good. Then JN got invaded by a handful of handjobs, a couple of pervs, a slew of knuckleheads and lots of children. And it was not good. Shane went all Jimmy Hoffa, Max got attacked by an angry lecher, and days were dark. And so it remained. And so I lurked. Then the damndest thing happened. A hefty fellow with a penchant for self-deprecating jokes, gentle jabs and overall good nature arrived. And people responded to him. The mood lightened. Max culled a few shmucks. The board started bouncing back like Burt Reynolds after Boogie Nights. And I started posting again. And Shane came back. And Bergen, and Vinny and Garb and a gang of others chimed in, newer (ish) posters like Jif and DLJ and others added some spark and Crusher was made mod and encouraged with cheers. Now suddenly someone miscontrues a post and the Crusher is an awful racist a$$hole. Not in my book. He's never been purposely offensive and rarely ever even gets defensive. Its sad to think that he could be judged by a post, and not his person. And that goes for anyone here. JN was a second-chance website that gave the burnt out and unamused a new place to play and a new community in which to engage. The bannings are rare because second chances are the order here. So for those attacking one another...think about the second chance mentality, the basis of this community, and realize this board is full of good folks. Oh, and somebody tell Crusher he's a good boy and did nothing wrong. He's probably on his third case of bacon flavored beer by now..

Thank you Sir,

Truth is it has less to do with Aten and more to do with how I represented myself and JN. I glanced the post very quickly zeroing in on the beer and bacon part and found it funny. I rep'd it and commented on it without taking the time to read it and think it thru. When Aten reacted to it I went back and looked I felt like I was severely insensitive and hypocritical.

I'm Christian and I don;t take lightly to shots at my religion and think it's sh*tty of me to not give the same respect to others. I have a five children and we live in a very diverse area outside Washington DC and we all know and respect people from numerous cultural background and religions. My kids are being raised Christian and just as importantly being raised to show tolerance and passion for everyone. I just think their old man should too. Thats all.

Crusher should stop beating himself up and beat up Bugg, instead.

+1

While I was stunned that Crusher repped Bugg in that debate, I was stunned because I didn't believe it to be what it was being painted as. Turns out that it wasn't.

Did anything negative happen to Bugg after that? What he was saying was just vile.

Thank you Sir,

Truth is it has less to do with Aten and more to do with how I represented myself and JN. I glanced the post very quickly zeroing in on the beer and bacon part and found it funny. I rep'd it and commented on it without taking the time to read it and think it thru. When Aten reacted to it I went back and looked I felt like I was severely insensitive and hypocritical.

I'm Christian and I don;t take lightly to shots at my religion and think it's sh*tty of me to not give the same respect to others. I have a five children and we live in a very diverse area outside Washington DC and we all know and respect people from numerous cultural background and religions. My kids are being raised Christian and just as importantly being raised to show tolerance and passion for everyone. I just think their old man should too. Thats all.

Didn't read the original thread...but you've always been straight up by me.

Crusher explained himself as far as I am concerned. That's good enough for me. He admitted that he skimmed the post and that after reading Bugg's post didn't agree with it, indicating that's not what he truly felt.

What Bugg said was hate laced, ignorant, and racist. How can you let him say what he did and then pull the plug saying "no more politics or else this will get out of hand" So what, I can say "N-words are all piece of sh*t criminals" or a gay slur and because I said it first you'd just lock the thread and nothing would happen to me until I said it again?

Either let people talk about it and then lock it after people had their say or ban the offender who crossed the site's rules. Just locking it without banning him is just being tolerant of his bigotry.

"N-words are all piece of sh*t criminals"

Bugg didn't said that all Muslins are terrorists. He said Islam is a violent religion, and it is. Everyone else evolved into a more civilized society but they are still stoning women to death and cutting heads off for no apparent reason. And the moderates don't speak out against this madness.

What I don't understand is why so many liberals like Aten and Slats defend Sharia Law like their lives depend on it. It's against everything they stand for.

I think I know of the post that was misconstrued... and anyone that had more than 1 post ever on JN to have read it any way other than Crusher reacting to the words "bacon" and "beer" should be embarrassed, frankly.

He tried to provide levity... but it was lost on the miserable people that actually perpetuate arguing over religion as if their most recent thought on the subject is somehow the be-all-end-all on the subject, providing civilization the answers it has sought for centuries... right here... on a ******* football message board. Its a circuitous debate, one in which NONE of our opinions matter. Better to stick to wisecracks and jackassery I say.

Crush is one of my favorite things about this site. I've never met the dude and likely never will, but he portrays himself as one of the most loving, laid back, and funniest dudes on the entire interwebz. Maybe I just see more of Crush's posts in the Mafia Forum, but like I28 when I read over it (which wasn't until a little bit ago), I just thought he was referring to the beer and bacon. Crusher loves teh bacon.

He's beating himself up because he cares, and I respect that. Your attitude of tolerance, acceptance and love is one I wish the rest of the world shared. Just know you're the man Crush, and at some point we all do or say something we don't mean because we're not paying attention. You're as awesome as bacon.

<3

Crusher explained himself as far as I am concerned. That's good enough for me. He admitted that he skimmed the post and that after reading Bugg's post didn't agree with it, indicating that's not what he truly felt.

What Bugg said was hate laced, ignorant, and racist. How can you let him say what he did and then pull the plug saying "no more politics or else this will get out of hand" So what, I can say "N-words are all piece of sh*t criminals" or a gay slur and because I said it first you'd just lock the thread and nothing would happen to me until I said it again?

Either let people talk about it and then lock it after people had their say or ban the offender who crossed the site's rules. Just locking it without banning him is just being tolerant of his bigotry.

I really want to let it go; but this tick of calling anyone and everyone you disagree with reflexively "RACIST" is nonsense. Lost too many friends and neighbors on 9/11 to listen to imbecility like that and will not tolerate it. If you have a point in opposition, state it. But simply trotting out the "R" word like a little kid crying "not fair!" is not an exchange of views. And for too long we have had this nonjudgmental outlook that stops people from stating the obvious: Islam is brutal and violent, and Islamic societies often violent, deranged and bsckward,and certainly much moreso that Western societies. You want tolerance; let's build a cathedral, a synagogue and alehouse on the block in Mecca facing the Kabba. Hey, it's all about "tolerance", right? Or is tolerance simply a one way street?Oh, right: Christians and Jews have no rights in Islamic lands, except to live in dhimmitude. Instead of calling me racist, look up that word.

Also, I increasingly agree with JFID; organized religion of all kinds seems to do more harm than good. I studied 12 years in Catholic school, and sent my boys to Catholic school. Would describe myself as a believing if often nonattending Catholic.And as part of those studies and since, I had occasion to during and since study Islam and the Koran. Fault Christianity all you want;Christ can take it;those ideals stand. There are points in the New Testament that conflict or make no sense, and what books were excluded at Nicea; all legitmate issues for discussion.We have been having them for 2000+ years, and we have at least stopped having those arguments in the form of anything more threatening than on paper, except in may be Northern Ireland(and they have pretty much given up violence too). Churches are collections of men, who sin and fail.Suspect Christ will not be overjoyed to see Vatican City, nor those who abused children. Again, the ideals still stand.

Islam by contrast doesn't have the capability to have that give and take of critical self-examination. There will be no equivalent of "Life of Brian" with Mohammed. Heck you cannot even draw a cartoon without getting death threats. Do you see a problem here?You can knock OBL for many things but distorting Islam isn't one of them.He followed it often to the letter. Those in the west like Bush Jr. and Obama seem to sell this "Islam is peace" nonsense against all the evidence to advance something. Better we acknowledge our cultures are different, incompatible, and we should probably get out of the ME ASAP.Also that for all our failings and faults, our culture is in fact superior. If anyone can explain why we are still in Iraq, Afghansitan or Libya, share it with me. OBL is dead; let's go home. If they want to live in ignorance and backwardness, let them. It's like a billion+ alcoholics in denial; let them make a mess until they no choice but to look in the mirror and change their ways.

Happened to share cocktails this afternoon with a Turk who moved first to London and then the US later in life.He is no longer a Muslim, and he's not missing it. If you think I'm critical of Islam you should hear the critique of a man who has lived in the east( and Turkey is in many ways a very cosmopolitan part of the east) and west, and how backward and awful the Muslim world is, and how it will never change for centuries-until they get rid of Islam.And this wasn't some firebrand, just a regular guy.You learn more over a few beers and a few Southern Comforts than you will ever in a bullsh*t college seminar.

How does this not get someone banned? Really? This is pathetic. Max, really.

You cannot deal with facts.

You have no real argument to refute the facts.

Therefore ban anyone who has the timerity to state facts.

When someone of any religion MURDERS your friends and neighbors in the name of said religion, get back to me.

Thank you Sir,

You're a good man Crush. Best addition to this board in a long while. Thanks for what you do.

You cannot deal with facts.

You have no real argument to refute the facts.

Therefore ban anyone who has the timerity to state facts.

When someone of any religion MURDERS your friends and neighbors in the name of said religion, get back to me.

Those murders didn't occur because of religion, they occured because of oppression, perceived or real. A group of improvished and angry people lashing out at thier perceived oppressors.

I'm as happy as the next guy that the pos Osama is dead, but to condemn an entire religion over the acts of a small % is shameful, and certainly not "fact" based.

Bugg didn't said that all Muslins are terrorists. He said Islam is a violent religion, and it is. Everyone else evolved into a more civilized society but they are still stoning women to death and cutting heads off for no apparent reason. And the moderates don't speak out against this madness.

What I don't understand is why so many liberals like Aten and Slats defend Sharia Law like their lives depend on it. It's against everything they stand for.

Yeah, that happened. :rolleyes:

I believe firmly in the separation of church and state. Sharia Law is a disaster, and many people in the Middle East are fighting against it. Their oppressors use Sharia Law to control the people. They take the high ground that way, citing their moral/religious superiority. Much in the way Christian Conservatives do it in this country. It's a misquote, but it's true - when fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross.

Sharia Law is Middle Eastern fascism. The Taliban are fascists.

I support the good Muslim people fighting against that oppression. I hope (because I don't pray) that the citizens who overthrew Egypt don't get overrun by the Muslim Brotherhood there. I'm rooting like hell for the people of Libya against Qaddafi. I'm excited about those revolutions spreading to Yemen, Syria, Algeria, etc.

I don't know who you are, and you clearly don't know me.

I really want to let it go; but this tick of calling anyone and everyone you disagree with reflexively "RACIST" is nonsense. Lost too many friends and neighbors on 9/11 to listen to imbecility like that and will not tolerate it. If you have a point in opposition, state it. But simply trotting out the "R" word like a little kid crying "not fair!" is not an exchange of views. And for too long we have had this nonjudgmental outlook that stops people from stating the obvious: Islam is brutal and violent, and Islamic societies often violent, deranged and bsckward,and certainly much moreso that Western societies. You want tolerance; let's build a cathedral, a synagogue and alehouse on the block in Mecca facing the Kabba. Hey, it's all about "tolerance", right? Or is tolerance simply a one way street?Oh, right: Christians and Jews have no rights in Islamic lands, except to live in dhimmitude. Instead of calling me racist, look up that word.

Also, I increasingly agree with JFID; organized religion of all kinds seems to do more harm than good. I studied 12 years in Catholic school, and sent my boys to Catholic school. Would describe myself as a believing if often nonattending Catholic.And as part of those studies and since, I had occasion to during and since study Islam and the Koran. Fault Christianity all you want;Christ can take it;those ideals stand. There are points in the New Testament that conflict or make no sense, and what books were excluded at Nicea; all legitmate issues for discussion.We have been having them for 2000+ years, and we have at least stopped having those arguments in the form of anything more threatening than on paper, except in may be Northern Ireland(and they have pretty much given up violence too). Churches are collections of men, who sin and fail.Suspect Christ will not be overjoyed to see Vatican City, nor those who abused children. Again, the ideals still stand.

Islam by contrast doesn't have the capability to have that give and take of critical self-examination. There will be no equivalent of "Life of Brian" with Mohammed. Heck you cannot even draw a cartoon without getting death threats. Do you see a problem here?You can knock OBL for many things but distorting Islam isn't one of them.He followed it often to the letter. Those in the west like Bush Jr. and Obama seem to sell this "Islam is peace" nonsense against all the evidence to advance something. Better we acknowledge our cultures are different, incompatible, and we should probably get out of the ME ASAP.Also that for all our failings and faults, our culture is in fact superior. If anyone can explain why we are still in Iraq, Afghansitan or Libya, share it with me. OBL is dead; let's go home. If they want to live in ignorance and backwardness, let them. It's like a billion+ alcoholics in denial; let them make a mess until they no choice but to look in the mirror and change their ways.

Happened to share cocktails this afternoon with a Turk who moved first to London and then the US later in life.He is no longer a Muslim, and he's not missing it. If you think I'm critical of Islam you should hear the critique of a man who has lived in the east( and Turkey is in many ways a very cosmopolitan part of the east) and west, and how backward and awful the Muslim world is, and how it will never change for centuries-until they get rid of Islam.And this wasn't some firebrand, just a regular guy.You learn more over a few beers and a few Southern Comforts than you will ever in a bullshit college seminar.

Bugg -- This is not the place for it. We built this site to talk football. Peoples thoughts on other subjects should really be irrelevant.

Leaving the original Bin Laden thread was something we thought was the right thing to do. We just wanted to let people vent. But the no politics\religion rule remains intact.

This needs to be the end of this conversation all around. All we really care about is the New York Jets here. All that important stuff, there are plenty of other places to discuss it. Just not here.

Thanks.

Archived