I love the team, but its hard to root for this organization sometimes

Matt39

Pretty crappy if you ask me.

NEW YORK (AP) — Waiters who serve the higher-priced seats at Yankee Stadium claim in a lawsuit that their tips are being withheld.

The suit names Volume Services America, which ran food services in the old stadium, and Legends Hospitality, which runs them in the new stadium. It was filed in Manhattan federal court on Monday. It seeks unpaid wages and other damages.

Menus in the seats' cup holders say "a 20 percent service charge will be added to the listed prices. Additional gratuity is at your discretion."

The lawsuit says the workers did not receive any of the 20 percent service charges.

A spokeswoman for the Yankees told the Daily News it hasn't seen the lawsuit but that all its employees are paid in strict accordance with their union contract.

To be fair, food service is contracted out at stadiums. Most likely, the Yankees have nothing to do with this.

I agree.

I have a hard time believing the Steinbrenner's are making those calls.

Yep. Such is the way of the world. They'll find 40 little ways to charge you extra for something and 90% of the time it doesn't go toward what it says. I mean just look at all the ridiculous taxes airlines charge. As if the money is going anywhere but directly to their profits.

Archived