Matt39

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the society we live in today we pick and choose what is appropriate and what is not. I for one do not find humour or sarcasm in a missing 18 yr old girl. Sensativity or is it the complete moronic replies assholes decide to post that piss people off. You decide.

Good lord....dealing with HR at work is one thing, but everyone getting offended( :lol: )around here about everything seems to be new.

Who can and cant we talk about just for future reference.

Blondes

Arabs

Am I missing anything?

Go to almost any Internet article posted at a news, sports, music site, etc. and read the comments. It usually doesn't take long before you see a virtual fight among the posters. It's as though the bulk are angry, insecure and inaccurate people posting with the odd compassionate, informed and logical person thrown in the mix.

In the society we live in today we pick and choose what is appropriate and what is not. I for one do not find humour or sarcasm in a missing 18 yr old girl. Sensativity or is it the complete moronic replies assholes decide to post that piss people off. You decide.

It's sensitivity, and sucks for you on not finding any humor in the situation. What I said wasn't intended to piss people off. Quit acting like a f'n wished a pox on her and her family.

It's sensitivity, and sucks for you on not finding any humor in the situation. What I said wasn't intended to piss people off. Quit acting like a f'n wished a pox on her and her family.

It sucks for me not finding any humour in this situation? Are you for real?

Humor in a story about a missing (now dead) teenager? You are one ****ed up piece of sh*t.

Humor in a story about a missing (now dead) teenager? You are one ****ed up piece of sh*t.

Ugh...nothing more repugnant or piece of sh*t-like than having someone's stupid morals shoved down your throat. No one knew she'd turn up dead, and her turning up dead doesn't increase the obligation to feel bad.

OTOH, she could be dead by her own hand.

May her family have counsel and whatever happened there become known to those who the situation actually matters to on a personal level.

Ugh...nothing more repugnant or piece of sh*t-like than having someone's stupid morals shoved down your throat. No one knew she'd turn up dead, and her turning up dead doesn't increase the obligation to feel bad.

OTOH, she could be dead by her own hand.

May her family have counsel and whatever happened there become known to those who the situation actually matters to on a personal level.

Nobody said you had to feel bad. And I don't think just do it morality at all. I felt a joke about a missing girl was in bad taste and I remove it.

That was all that happened here.

Maybe I am biased because my family was once a victim of a violent crime. I just don't see it as a laughing matter.

That being said nobody was warned nobody was banned it was just a removed.

That being said nobody was warned nobody was banned it was just a removed.

I think I can safely say that everybody unhappy with the new politics policy would rather be banned than edited. Specifically by you.

I think I can safely say that everybody unhappy with the new politics policy would rather be banned than edited. Specifically by you.

Not sure there was ever a new politics policy. We let people vent a bit, we don't normally do that but people were hurting. So we were slow to lock down on things. If I could do it again I would make sure we weren't slow to lock things down. Live and learn. But it isn't like we ever said, politics are now allowed here.

We have never wavered in that stance.

Not sure why anyone would rather be banned. That doesn't make sense to me.

Over at Bengalszone we have allowed political topics to be discussed, but it's always pointless. Nobody changes the mind or political affiliation of another. It's tantamount to you guys here trying to get me to be a Jets fan, or vice versa. You are what you are.

Over at Bengalszone we have allowed political topics to be discussed, but it's always pointless. Nobody changes the mind or political affiliation of another. It's tantamount to you guys here trying to get me to be a Jets fan, or vice versa. You are what you are.

I have been meaning to talk to you about that. I think it is time you switch over to the Jets.

Think about it, Rex Ryan, Mark Sanchez...they are poised for greatness. Switch now... :D

I have been meaning to talk to you about that. I think it is time you switch over to the Jets.

Think about it, Rex Ryan, Mark Sanchez...they are poised for greatness. Switch now... :D

Well Max, if I did have to switch the Jets wouldn't be a bad choice. I just don't see it ever happening though.

Not sure there was ever a new politics policy. We let people vent a bit, we don't normally do that but people were hurting. So we were slow to lock down on things. If I could do it again I would make sure we weren't slow to lock things down. Live and learn. But it isn't like we ever said, politics are now allowed here.

We have never wavered in that stance.

Not sure why anyone would rather be banned. That doesn't make sense to me.

Religious hate speech = politics, therefore permissible when the no politics rule is lifted because people need to vent.

Discussion of social factors causing certain missing person reports to be publicized more heavily than others = not politics, therefore generally permissible, save if you happen to hold the wrong opinion on same.

I'd rather be banned if the alternative is veto power wielded indiscriminately by idiots.

I'd rather be banned if the alternative is veto power wielded indiscriminately by idiots.

Haven't you been banned before? Nothing stopping you from signing out and never logging back in. This board has always been run by idiots; its what makes this place great. I think its appropriate to accept that they also make mistakes from time to time.

Discussion of social factors causing certain missing person reports to be publicized more heavily than others = not politics, therefore generally permissible, save if you happen to hold the wrong opinion on same.

You are confusing "discussion" with "bad tasteless unfunny joke". The thread is still open. You are free to go in there and share your wisdom on the subject.

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/index.php?/topic/98271-missing-nj-girl/

Religious hate speech = politics, therefore permissible when the no politics rule is lifted because people need to vent.

If you think the site is run by idiots I don't see why you wouldn't just leave on your own? I am being serious, I never want to see a poster leave, even one who is being critical of me. But if you really feel that I am an idiot and disagree strongly with the way the site is run, I am just confused as to why we would have to ban you.

I guess I don't understand it though because I am an idiot. Maybe someday I will figure it out. Probably not though.

Haven't you been banned before? Nothing stopping you from signing out and never logging back in. This board has always been run by idiots; its what makes this place great. I think its appropriate to accept that they also make mistakes from time to time.

Totally agree here. I make mistakes and moderating the board is not easy. The mods do a really good job and it is a thankless one. Are we perfect? No. But everyone does the best job they can for something that is supposed to be fun. That has always been a huge deal for us, this has to be fun.

If it isn't fun for someone for whatever reason, this probably isn't the place to be then.

You are confusing "discussion" with "bad tasteless unfunny joke". The thread is still open. You are free to go in there and share your wisdom on the subject.

http://www.jetnation...issing-nj-girl/

I do stand by editing that post. I guess I should have just deleted it and then nobody would have known. We try to leave things intact as much as possible, maybe that is the wrong thing to do. But what do I know, apparently I am an idiot. Not sure why it took so long for me to find this out, lol.

I do stand by editing that post. I guess I should have just deleted it and then nobody would have known. We try to leave things intact as much as possible, maybe that is the wrong thing to do. But what do I know, apparently I am an idiot. Not sure why it took so long for me to find this out, lol.

Thier issue is of course was that bugs post denigrating 25% of the world's population wasn't edited or deleted and this one was.

There issue is of course was that bugs post denigrating 25% of the world's population wasn't edited or deleted and this one was.

I really don't think there is an issue. The mods allowed a special "venting thread" because of unique circumstances which have been explained several times. In that thread were posts that normally would not be allowed. When the mods saw the thread moving out of control they swiftly put an end to it.

The "venting thread" is now over, things have been back to normal for several days.

I can appreciate that some people were upset at some of the comments being made, as I myself was upset. But the problem has been taken care of for nearly a week already. You can't make derogatory remarks about racial/ethnic/religious groups and expect to be on JetNation very long.

Let's move on.

Ha, i don't give a crap either way. I'm not one to get made about hypocrisy that i have no control over. The issue has moved from detragorty comments to hypocrisy though, imo..

I must politely disagree. I see no hypocrisy here at all.

If you follow the rules when you post you have nothing to worry about.

If you don't follow the rules when you post, your post can be edited or deleted and you can be suspended temporarily or banned permanently at the management's discretion.

Seems pretty straightforward to me. :D

Thier issue is of course was that bugs post denigrating 25% of the world's population wasn't edited or deleted and this one was.

We didn't edit anything in the "venting thread". It is a very painful and personal issue for many so we just locked it after it jumped the shark so to speak.

Could we have handled things better? Absolutely.

I appreciate all the feedback and I am sorry that we didn't handle things in a way that had more people feeling good about things. That being said, I do hope this issue is behind us now. We have important things like no football to talk about now.

Archived