This post has been edited by JerryK

JerryK

*Why* did this forum's designers decide to report when you simply adjust your spelling or something?

How about they change the message to say:

"JerryK is a dumbass who can neither spell nor compose a thought on the first attempt."

or maybe:

"JerryK started to tell you what you need to hear but decided you couldn't handle the truth"

Either way, the message is a pain in the butt.

I can understand the rationale, in ways. Someone might post something, edit it out, and if there's no message at the bottom saying they edited the post, no one (but the mods) would know that anything offensive or whatever was ever there. I think that the editing message shouldn't come up if you're editing right after posting, but I'm sure it's on the forum software and not the admin side to change that.

I can understand the rationale, in ways. Someone might post something, edit it out, and if there's no message at the bottom saying they edited the post, no one (but the mods) would know that anything offensive or whatever was ever there. I think that the editing message shouldn't come up if you're editing right after posting, but I'm sure it's on the forum software and not the admin side to change that.

I'm not so sure that's the case. I would think that when this forum was set up, they expected a lot of spirited football discussions, including some where two or more members would be posting every minute. If somebody makes a statement and is contradicted, without the edit notice they could take it out when they belatedly found out they were wrong and then claim, "I never said that!!".

I'm not so sure that's the case. I would think that when this forum was set up, they expected a lot of spirited football discussions, including some where two or more members would be posting every minute. If somebody makes a statement and is contradicted, without the edit notice they could take it out when they belatedly found out they were wrong and then claim, "I never said that!!".

That's exactly what I meant, lol.

Archived