Eagle safety injured in freak accident?

Mean Papi Green

Leg injury might sideline Reed for start of camp

Associated Press

PHILADELPHIA -- Eagles safety/kick returner J.R. Reed injured his leg in a freak accident last month and might not be ready for the start of training camp this summer.

Reed damaged a nerve that affects the use of his lower leg and foot.

Reed cut the back of his knee while jumping over a fence near his home in Tampa, Fla., and damaged a nerve that affects the use of his lower leg and foot.

Reed had surgery March 1, and his status for camp is uncertain.

"I feel terrible for J.R.," Eagles coach Andy Reid said. "He's worked his entire life to try to make it this far. And to have a major setback like this occur in such a freak circumstance is awful. Knowing J.R., he'll continue to work hard to try and make it back on the field."

Reed, the Eagles' fourth-round draft choice last year, returned 33 kickoffs for a 23.1-yard average. He also saw limited action at safety, recording 17 tackles.

"It's a bad situation, but I'm going to be very positive about it going forward," Reed said. "I'm in the process of trying to get my leg working again."

Meanwhile, quarterback Mike McMahon visited Philadelphia on Thursday. McMahon spent his first four seasons with the Detroit Lions. He has started seven games, but none since 2002. The NFC champion Eagles are seeking a third-string quarterback behind Donovan McNabb and Koy Detmer.

It could have been worse. he could have been chopping wood with an axe in the clubhouse.

And who was the baseball player that screwed his arm up and blamed it on an accident in his driveway?

are you thinking Brian Griese who broke his nose falling drunk in his driveway and said he tripped over his dog going down the stairs in his house?

are you thinking Brian Griese who broke his nose falling drunk in his driveway and said he tripped over his dog going down the stairs in his house?

I think there was a baseball player who fell out of his hotel bed and screwed up his arm.

Not that one, although that was funny, but it was along those lines. It was a baseball player who said he got hurt washing his car in the driveway I think....

verde girl might be right

She is right. Kent claimed he hurt himself while WASHING HIS CAR. Supposedly, he tweaked his wrist doing so and cost himself a few months of playing time.

In reality, he hurt his wrist in a motorcycle accident, but was trying to cover it up so the team wouldnt be able to re-coup some of the money they were paying him. Nice try, Jeff. laugh.gif

She is right. Kent claimed he hurt himself while WASHING HIS CAR. Supposedly, he tweaked his wrist doing so and cost himself a few months of playing time.

In reality, he hurt his wrist in a motorcycle accident, but was trying to cover it up so the team wouldnt be able to re-coup some of the money they were paying him. Nice try, Jeff. laugh.gif

Not only that, he crashed the bike while doing wheelies to impress some chicks, and it was actually the chicks who turned him in! :lol:

The remote control thing was bad, but what about the Jacksonville Jaguars punter and kicker both suffering 2nd and 3rd degree burns after tipping over a fondue pot? I know one of them was Chris Hanson, but I forgot who the other guy was. One of their wives was also seriously burned....Hot cheese or something.. :twisted:

Idiots.

WTF!?!

No wonder kickers get so much grief... :D:o

The remote control thing was bad, but what about the Jacksonville Jaguars punter and kicker both suffering 2nd and 3rd degree burns after tipping over a fondue pot? I know one of them was Chris Hanson, but I forgot who the other guy was. One of their wives was also seriously burned....Hot cheese or something.. :twisted:

Idiots.

WTF!?!

No wonder kickers get so much grief... :D:o

haha damn, I forgot about that one.

Who in the hell invites people over for fondue any longer? The 70s were a long time ago

haha damn, I forgot about that one.

Who in the hell invites people over for fondue any longer? The 70s were a long time ago

You know what's the worst of it, Pat?

I believe this happened during TRAINING CAMP!!!!

In some dorm, these fools spilled over a damn fondue pot.

You're making millions of dollars, and yet you burn your groin with cheese?

WTF!?!

Maybe it was kinky group sex thing... :twisted:

Archived