Jets Beat Writers - Opinions

Maxman

I will not share my opinion. I am biased. Because only one of them will ever answer my emails.

Which beat reporter:

Is the most objective?

Truly reports the inside info?

Is the Biggest homer?

Does Woody\Terry and crew fear the most?

I read the News and Post, and Newsday only occasionally.

I've really come 180 degrees on Cimini.Last year, with the "privilege" stuff and the column about Hackett's father's murder, I thought he went a little too far. He's not a fan of the Jets, but he's been fair and honest this year as it's gone to seed. And that's all you can ask-that a writer's first obligation is to get the true story to his readers.

By the same token, Canizzaro has gone completely native. He's like Dennis Hopper in "Apocalpyse Now"-he's bought into Hermie and he cannot be dissuaded by facts. Asking that any 2-7 coach be extended 3 seasons into the future 2 days after his team has more turnovers than points in a blowout loss is insane. Edwards is obviously a very personable guy and he does give more access than the Parcells/Groh regime ever did. Ergo-good press for Mark's buddy Hermie. But just because he talks to the press doens't make him any better of a coach.

And you can understand it. I imagine Canizzaro's days at Hofstra are more pleasant than Cimini's. Nobody want to go work someplace where people don't care for you. And to his credit Cimini hasn't pulled his punches. Canizzaro has.

Ken Berger seems to get the facts. But I don't read him enough to really know.

Randy Lange is the best of the bunch.
With the exception of Dave Hutchinson. Somehow the Jersey rags always get that extra bit in their post-articles. They're all pretty good, even Cimini, and well worth the 50 cents or so every day. The Newsday cartoons are hilarious.

I will not share my opinion. I am biased. Because only one of them will ever answer my emails.

Which beat reporter:

Is the most objective?

Cimini, Lange, Hutcheson

Lange seems to always have a little extra in his articles

Is the Biggest homer?

The guy that writes for JI, ah, I mean the Post.

Probably Cimini - he speaks plainly. If there is anything funky going on at Hofstra, Cimini will write about it.

This will seem prejudiced and it is I admit Cimini has been as honest with his opinions on our chats. So even if you disagree with his viewpoints you can say that he has not bluffed his way through them.

Anything is an improvement to the Steve Serby's of the world that I always read in the past

This will seem prejudiced and it is I admit Cimini has been as honest with his opinions on our chats. So even if you disagree with his viewpoints you can say that he has not bluffed his way through them.

Anything is an improvement to the Steve Serby's of the world that I always read in the past

That is why I didn't put in my thoughts. I have contacted most of these guys. Rich is the only one that has given us the time of day.

I do like the way he came in here right after the Mawae thing in the offseason and didn't give us ONE rule. Not like, hey don't ask this. He just logged on and started answering questions. That was real cool of him.

Which beat reporter:

Is the most objective?

Is the Biggest homer?

Most Objective = Randy Lange

Most Inside Info = Randy Lange

Biggest Homer = I don't really know of any

Biggest Fear = Cimini

Sweet, thanks!

Lange replied, as he usually does, very quickly, and he said he's interested. With him heading to Denver this week, it would be tough. Next week is a short week, so again tough. However, he said he'd be very interested the week of the NE game... and I'm working out details now.

Lange replied, as he usually does, very quickly, and he said he's interested. With him heading to Denver this week, it would be tough. Next week is a short week, so again tough. However, he said he'd be very interested the week of the NE game... and I'm working out details now.

AEC4...thanks for getting Randy involved. We would be happy to have him do a chat with us here.

Much appreciated.

Archived