Sign in to follow this  
Blackout

Mets "Bleeding cash" per ESPN

When the Madoff story first broke, Wilpon and his media lackeys like Mike Lupica claimed this woulnd't effect how they run their operations even a bit.This was their stance right up unitl December; it was a lie.

They didn't mention getting $25 million in loans for MLB.

They didn't mention Saul Katz recruited people for Madoff only as long as they asked no questions.

They didn't mention that they assigned Arhtur Friedman to investigate whether they could get insurance from a Ponzi scheme on their Madoff investments.

They didn't mention that they were getting money out of Madoff right up until the end, while other lost millions.

And they didn't mention that they re losing money like crazy. And this has been because Wilpon is s cheap fvkc who like being an owner of an MLB franchise, but doens't like spending the cash necesssary to win, and he allows his idiot son to run the show. Alderson is probably the GM now only because MLB demanded it after the $25 million loan.

The abuse their fans with the faux Ebbets Field/Brooklyn Dodger crap. And worse, pretending every year they have a shot when Wilpon won't spend. Allowing Reyes to leave would be criminal, but typical.

They lied. Fred Wilpon lies every time he moves his lips. They wouldn't know the truth if it bit them on the a$$.

The Wilpons are lying scumbags who should sell the team before they do any more damage.

• Upvote 2

Bugg, when the story first broke, there was no story of a clawback.

I know you can't resist getting a good dig in, but get the facts right. We get it, you don't like Wilpon. Neither do a lot of us. But get YOUR facts right.

Please. The Wilpons have Mike Lupica on speed dial to get out their bullsh*t story "we're victims here!" nonsense. And they have known since the day Madoff was arrested they at some point are going to have to sell the Mets. If Wilpon wasn't pals with Selig, Wilpon would have sold already. It's clear now why and how Alderson got this job; to perform an autopsy on this mess and figure out if Wilpon has to be jettisoned. And he does have to go.

Edited by Bugg

Should someone suspect original principal to be included in a clawback? It is overreaching

Wilpon continues to trot a stupid and conflicting argument to claim victimhood,that he was stupid and trusting. If he's that dumb, he woulnd't have gotten this far as a real estate guy, nor been in a position to buy Doubleday out. Further anyone that dumb has no business running an MLB franchise. But also, someone that dumb doesn't have his partner/brother-in-law Sol Katz recruit marks, uh, investors for Madoff explicitly telling them to not ask any questions about the level of return Madoff claimed to be producing. Someone that dumb doesn't have his financial advisor explicitly contact Metlife to discuss an insurance policy covering a potential Ponzi scheme losses.And Wilpon was part of a settlement of a Ponzi scheme but a fe years earlier. if he wasn't asking questions about Madoff as he has claimed, he is either braindead or a stone liar. And someone that dumb doesn't start withdrawing funds from Madoff in the months preceding the collapse.

And if he is this dumb it's incumbent on MLB to get him out of the franchise, which was probably what happened yesterday.A hedge fund guy is not droppong $200 million for nothing more than some nice seats, even if the Wilpons think they fleeced Einhorn. Einhorn earlier this week as a big shareholder in Microsoft demanded Steve Balmer step down as CEO. Don't think he's going to want to see Jeff Wilpon make any major decisions. More likely as with Alderson this is Selig taking another step to getting the Wilpons out, if slowly. It's good to be pals with Selig if you want to own an MLB franchise yet again. Would expect that despite the inevtiable sale of the team the Wilpons will do evertyhing they can to hang on to SNY like cold death.

I am not here to defend Wilpons.

Bugg has a one sided view of them (and frankly any owner from what I see).

When the Madoff scheme was discovered, no one knew of a clawback, particularly a clawback that involved PRINCIPAL. From most lawyers I read, that is an extreme overreach by Picard, mainly because the Wilpons are public figures. There is not precedent for that.

Bugg says Wilpon is cheap and does not spend money. Ask any Yankee fan in this forum when they topic of payroll comes up, and they bring up the Mets immediately. Can't have it both ways. Wilpon has spent. You can question whether he has spent wisely, but that is not being cheap.

The defense for the Wilpons is pretty easy-How could they be aware of something that the SEC could not find out for themselves? After the SEC did regular digging?

The SI article last week on the Wilpons was pretty candid. They came off genuinely hurt and beaten. Yes, I know the skeptics will cry "alligator tears".

Again, my attempt is not to defens the Wilpons, but to be balanced. Buggs commentary was not that. He has had an obvious ax to grind for many years.

My hope is that the Wilpons slowly bow out, which it seems the wheels are in motion. It just will not happen quickly. For Mets fans, you have to hope they can build from within, which they set in motion last offsesason with the people they hired. They did not have to bring Dipodesto and Ricciardi in-they did. They seem committed to the youth movement.

I wish nothing but good things to Mets fans. The season is better when bother teams are in contention. But suspect Alderson, Depodesta and Ricciardi are there because MLB wants them there during the transition.

I see noway nor reason why anyone would defend Wilpon. he ahd to settle one Ponzi suit in 2007, and yet at that time he didn't stop for a moment and question Madoff? Horsesh*t. In fact he tried to get insurance. Fred is a lying sack of sh*t, Jeff is a spoiled brat tool. The sooner both are gone the better for everyone.

Edited by Bugg

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company