Burger question

New York Mick

I make stuffed blue or feta cheese burgers all the time but they break apart when they cook. The flavor is great but it would be nice to be able to serve them as one whole burger rather then one that looks like it erupted. I use crumple cheese not creamy.

I use

ground chuck

chopped onions

garlic

salt/pepper

garlic and herb crumble cheese

I mix it all together then form a patty just like I would with any other burger.

Any ideas? I figure between Crusher (who I know can cook) and that tailgate guy someone will know. Thanks

Egg. You wont notice the difference

yeah go with the egg. breadcrumbs work but they can make the meat mealy--sort of like meatloaf. have you tried mixing the cheese with the chopmeat instead of stuffing the burger? would make it more cohesive as the cheese melts. just a suggestiion.

yeah go with the egg. breadcrumbs work but they can make the meat mealy--sort of like meatloaf. have you tried mixing the cheese with the chopmeat instead of stuffing the burger? would make it more cohesive as the cheese melts. just a suggestiion.

That's what I do, I mix everything together then form the patties, the first time I tried stuffing them and it turned out to be two patties with the cheese in the middle so I started mixing everything instead. I'll give just the egg a try.

I make stuffed blue or feta cheese burgers all the time but they break apart when they cook. The flavor is great but it would be nice to be able to serve them as one whole burger rather then one that looks like it erupted. I use crumple cheese not creamy.

I use

ground chuck

chopped onions

garlic

salt/pepper

I mix it all together then form a patty just like I would with any other burger.

Any ideas? I figure between Crusher (who I know can cook) and that tailgate guy someone will know. Thanks

Bread crumbs would make it less burgery and more meatbally. Not that theirs nothing wrong with meatballs. Just it's a burger.

Eggs or even extra virgin olive oil would take away some of the dryness the crumbly Blue Cheese brings. This might work. Please make me 11 both ways and I let you know what i think!

Nonetheless sounds nice mic. I like to add a little worschester to my burgers. Makes me feel sexy.,

Bread crumbs would make it less burgery and more meatbally. Not that theirs nothing wrong with meatballs. Just it's a burger.

Eggs or even extra virgin olive oil would take away some of the dryness the crumbly Blue Cheese brings. This might work. Please make me 11 both ways and I let you know what i think!

Nonetheless sounds nice mic. I like to add a little worschester to my burgers. Makes me feel sexy.,

worchesterierer is the best thing to add to burgers

Egg. You wont notice the difference

Agreed, it will work as the binding agent.

However, if you are still worried about it, you could use an old method of taking 2 1/4 Lb burgers and putting the blue cheese in the middle. Then just press it together & let it sit overnight to bind.

It's an old method that works - I do it all the time.

Agreed, it will work as the binding agent.

However, if you are still worried about it, you could use an old method of taking 2 1/4 Lb burgers and putting the blue cheese in the middle. Then just press it together & let it sit overnight to bind.

It's an old method that works - I do it all the time.

That's sounds good and I will try that. Gonna try Mic's too. No damn losers here, we need to get JoeBaby involved and start a "Guys of JN we're not gay we're fat recipe depository thread." Be sweet.

I'll try oil as well. I use Worcestershire when I cook my mushrooms and onions for the topping. I fry them in Irish butter, garlic and w sauce. They're only 1/2 pounders so you sure 11 will be enough?

I'll try oil as well. I use Worcestershire when I cook my mushrooms and onions for the topping. I fry them in Irish butter, garlic and w sauce. They're only 1/2 pounders so you sure 11 will be enough?

I love mushrooms and onions to accompany all red meats. So magical.

Dude if your making burgers I'll stop when you do. All the men and woman of my family cook, I make them all feel great when I visit and dine.

My primary fucntion as a kid was to sit at my Italian grandmothers table and eat with great appreciation. My grandmother would tell people, "He's a good little eater", she was right too.

I was thinking about adding egg and bread crumbs but was afraid it would taste right

Don't add breadcrumbs to a burger. It will turn it into grilled meatloaf slice.

Add Worcestershire sauce to the mix you listed above, not too much though, enough to have it soak in and still allow you to form a good burger.

I do my burgers different all the time, different spices, etc. but the WS is a staple for me.

Burger I did recently:

meat

worcestershire

mccormick's roasted garlic and herb dried spice

dried basil

grilled to medium-well

topped with a freshly grilled red pepper, grilled red onion, sliced tomato, the green end of a slice of romaine

then I took another piece of grilled rep pepper, some mayo and some dried basil and combined it in my magic bullet, and created a spread to top it off

kind of had a rustic italian thing going on... effing awesome.

Don't add breadcrumbs to a burger. It will turn it into grilled meatloaf slice.

Add Worcestershire sauce to the mix you listed above, not too much though, enough to have it soak in and still allow you to form a good burger.

I do my burgers different all the time, different spices, etc. but the WS is a staple for me.

Burger I did recently:

meat

worcestershire

mccormick's roasted garlic and herb dried spice

dried basil

grilled to medium-well

topped with a freshly grilled red pepper, grilled red onion, sliced tomato, the green end of a slice of romaine

then I took another piece of grilled rep pepper, some mayo and some dried basil and combined it in my magic bullet, and created a spread to top it off

kind of had a rustic italian thing going on... effing awesome.

You are one sexy ******* ape.

My primary fucntion as a kid was to sit at my Italian grandmothers table and eat with great appreciation. My grandmother would tell people, "He's a good little eater", she was right too.

you and me both buddy

in Italy elementary school children can "fail" lunch. Yes they get grades for lunch

http://www.theatlantic.com/life/archive/2009/11/in-italy-eating-gets-graded/30813/

you and me both buddy

in Italy elementary school children can "fail" lunch. Yes they get grades for lunch

http://www.theatlantic.com/life/archive/2009/11/in-italy-eating-gets-graded/30813/

That reminds me of my elementary school experience. Nevermind that that my English Language skills were based upon my cartoon viewing before kindergarden.....by the time I graduated from Kindergarden my English was okay...but boy, was I the envy of my classmates at lunch-time! Raised by "off-the-boat" Grandma, lunch consisted of fresh italian bread and cold cuts you dream about. Fresh veggies from the home garden. Chicken cutlets made that morning. Provolone, nutella, pears, peaches, twinkies.....my friends just sat there and drooled while they munched away on their pb&j's. Honestly, at the time I was embarassed. Now I laugh at the whole experience. And, yes, I shared. :)

OK, I'll give this up-Take the burger meat and add a small amount of chopped onions. Salt and pepper it and then add a solid amount of Peter Luger's steak sauce. Let the meat marinate overnight and then form your burgers and cook. Trust me, it's one of the best burgers you will ever have.

OK, I'll give this up-Take the burger meat and add a small amount of chopped onions. Salt and pepper it and then add a solid amount of Peter Luger's steak sauce. Let the meat marinate overnight and then form your burgers and cook. Trust me, it's one of the best burgers you will ever have.

I will try this. Sounds awesome.

Once you've formed the patties, make a dimple with your thumb in the center. This will prevent them from puffing.

I tried that but they still looked like (insert Rosie Perez accent) mount vesuvius after they cooked.

I'm going to try to combined the garlic, onion, feta and oil and blend it instead of folding it. Have a big a$$ bbq this weekend so I'll tried it then.

I use

ground chuck

chopped onions

garlic

salt/pepper

1) maybe you are using a little too much cheese?

2) work the meat well. Lol, but seriously, you want to really pack the meat tight and solid, forming a ball and going back and forth in your hands to pack it tight then flattening it.

3) refrigerate the patties for a few hours before cooking

4) drop them onto a super hot grill then leave them the eff alone for a few minutes, don't touch until it is time to flip. You should only need to flip burgers once. And never smush them down!!

I'd work on those techniques before adding things to bind them further.

Btw for the record I am just not a fan of stuffed burgers to begin with because 1) I like a medium rare burger and that means whatever is inside won't melt and 2) the flavor and creamy texture of the cheese just gets lost in the burger. That creamy cheese texture and mouth feel really works better when the cheese is sitting on top ( or below where it hits the tongue directly) of the burger.

Archived