Serious question

Dude Love

Why is this place a ghost town? It's deader than a doornail.

And don't say cause it's a holiday weekend because it was deader than sh*t last week and the week before that.

Lives get better when the weather gets nicer. Spring fever.

I think part of it is the lockout. Its definitely part of it. But times change. I know i thought when i went back to school, i'd up my posts per day by 100% but in fact they actually went down. I think most people have other things that they have going on that are more important than posting on the internet.

I think part of it is the lockout. Its definitely part of it. But times change. I know i thought when i went back to school, i'd up my posts per day by 100% but in fact they actually went down. I think most people have other things that they have going on that are more important than posting on the internet.

Yeah I can see that with the older guys here, but they always get replaced.

But that didn't seem to happen. It's like everybody just stopped posting.

I noticed there is alot of censorship in here. It used to be fun and whacky but then it got all politically correct. Like everybody is just walking on eggshells or something.

Maybe the lack of a football season has something to do with it.

\No, it was dead before the lockout.

I don't want to mention names, but it's weird in here. And it didn't always use to be like that. This place was like a free for all.

Now it's tighter than a puckered starfish.

\No, it was dead before the lockout.

I don't want to mention names, but it's weird in here. And it didn't always use to be like that. This place was like a free for all.

Now it's tighter than a puckered starfish.

The site in general or specific forums such as the lounge?

The site in general or specific forums such as the lounge?

OK lets take the football forum----

Even before the lockout, I would come check it out and there would be like the same 5 thread topics at the top of the page from a week before, with maybe one or two new posts.

I remember a year ago you'd have to go back two or three pages at least to find a post from the previous day, never mind the week.

OK lets take the football forum----

Even before the lockout, I would come check it out and there would be like the same 5 thread topics at the top of the page from a week before, with maybe one or two new posts.

I remember a year ago you'd have to go back two or three pages at least to find a post from the previous day, never mind the week.

Like the other poster said...most likely the lockout...cannot even get excited about the rumors...I was never a high capacity poster but my posts have stopped almost completely...except for the mafia forum...tired of watching millionaires argue with billionaires over how much of my money they feel entitled to...on the good side...haven't bought Jets gear since the season ended...

Like the other poster said...most likely the lockout...cannot even get excited about the rumors...I was never a high capacity poster but my posts have stopped almost completely...except for the mafia forum...tired of watching millionaires argue with billionaires over how much of my money they feel entitled to...on the good side...haven't bought Jets gear since the season ended...

I hear ya. But the baseball forum is dead too.

its a valid question. I just looked at the top 15 members with the most posts and only like 4 or 5 of them are still active posters here. It has just been put on the backburner by most of the people that really kept this place going. It still is a great place, and the only football forum ill post at, but its just a slow time.

Yes censorship is the problem. Thats why jetmo is allowed to post under a fake account lol. Lack of censorship is more likely the cause for a lot of the original posters not being here right now.

As far as traffic...posts are down...page views remain steady. When the draft was here things were busy so the lockout is having an impact. Hopefully it is over soon.

But all the football sites i check are experiencing the same thing right now.

Yes censorship is the problem. Thats why jetmo is allowed to post under a fake account lol. Lack of censorship is more likely the cause for a lot of the original posters not being here right now.

As far as traffic...posts are down...page views remain steady. When the draft was here things were busy so the lockout is having an impact. Hopefully it is over soon.

But all the football sites i check are experiencing the same thing right now.

Your cheating on us with another site?

its a valid question. I just looked at the top 15 members with the most posts and only like 4 or 5 of them are still active posters here. It has just been put on the backburner by most of the people that really kept this place going. It still is a great place, and the only football forum ill post at, but its just a slow time.

Wow. well there you go. Good research, good job. ;)

If a tree falls down in the forest, and nobody hears it....

Part of what you are seeing is the lockout, part is the use of other social media (like Twitter), part is the offseason. I'd expect that once the season starts (or is that IF it starts) things will pick up a bunch. For me personally, the economy has caused my ability to post much to plummet. I do the job of three people at work now due to layoffs so I pretty much stay busy all of the time.

Yeah I can see that with the older guys here, but they always get replaced.

But that didn't seem to happen. It's like everybody just stopped posting.

I noticed there is alot of censorship in here. It used to be fun and whacky but then it got all politically correct. Like everybody is just walking on eggshells or something.

more truth then people realize, not really bannings or anything, just looked down upon... the crowds older here and wanting of mroe respectable behavior.. at ji a lot of goofy sh*t goes on that is not only tolerated, but encouraged.. meh

the mafia forum is more active and liberal.. sign up there for plenty of activity and stupidity :D

I can only speak to my drop from multiple posts a day to a post every few weeks.

1) Life. I work and I go to school.

2) Lockout. After the dust settled on the Pittsburgh loss through to today, there's been 1 day of relevant football information.

3) Success. Plenty more to talk about when things are bad than when they are good.

4) Quality. For whatever the reason, the people who post the most these days really aren't people I enjoy reading.

I can only speak to my drop from multiple posts a day to a post every few weeks.

2) Lockout. After the dust settled on the Pittsburgh loss through to today, there's been 1 day of relevant football information.

3) Success. Plenty more to talk about when things are bad than when they are good.

4) Quality. For whatever the reason, the people who post the most these days really aren't people I enjoy reading.

I will try to post more, sorry about that. :D

You filthy son of a bitch!

Tom one thing I wanted to mention is that anything that goes wrong is your fault. I will be pointing that out moving forward. Just wanted to be up-front with you about this. Generally speaking being up-frpnt with you is not where I want to be though.

You uppity bitch

You uppity bitch

I remember when 124 got banned for that. Hated it because he wrote it about Verde and I felt what he wrote was factually accurate. And I hated having to enforce the no-personal attack rule for speaking the truth. :P

Archived