Give JetNation a Grade so Far

TomShane

I give the Site, as it stands today, a A.

I never visited JI for the front page, or the other content. I visited it to talk the Jets amd NFL Football (er, and politics) with my fellow Jet fans. In that regard, JI was great....until the civil war brought all my favorite posters here (well, except Flowtrain and Jets5ever, who seem to have stayed at JI).

So, since i come for great Jets and Football talk, this site has been great. The OT stuff was a little much for me in the first few days, but I'm used to it now, and enjoy it.

So an A from me.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never visited JI for the front page, or the other content. I visited it to talk the Jets amd NFL Football (er, and politics) with my fellow Jet fans. In that regard, JI was great....until the civil war brought all my favorite posters here (well, except Flowtrain and Jets5ever, who seem to have stayed at JI).

So, since i come for great Jets and Football talk, this site has been great. The OT stuff was a little much for me in the first few days, but I'm used to it now, and enjoy it.

So an A from me.

Oh okay Mr. Model train guy, sorry to make you sit throught the OT STUFF.... :P

BTW Jets5Ever is not worth it. We have a poster here, his name is Jet6Ever. Much better. He is funnier, a better singer and way less political than that 5ever dude!

Oh okay Mr. Model train guy, sorry to make you sit throught the OT STUFF.... :P

BTW Jets5Ever is not worth it. We have a poster here, his name is Jet6Ever. Much better. He is funnier, a better singer and way less political than that 5ever dude!

I agree. Jets6ever makes Jets5ever look like a pats fan.

So an A from me.

Gotta agree with the big blue pupil.

OK, as we anxiously await the front page (cough Blame Max), I figure it's a good time to get some input back as to where we've screwed up and what we got right so far. So, let us have it. Give us a grade and offer some comments as to what you'd like to see. Don't PM me, though, because I'm working on the front page (cough blame max).

It

• 9 months later...

Well, here we are, about a year out. What's everybody's take on JetNation.com?

I think the messageboard has filled up nicely and maintains a good pace on most days.

The content is growing, albeit slowly. It's nice to see content generated by fans.

I'm giving the place a b-minus right now, which is not a bad grade for a hobby. If this were someone's full-time job, I'd expect more.

Banning TX would bump it up to an A-minus.

Bob,

Give us your list of who we need to ban to get it to an A+. We are always looking to improve. :wink:

This was a good thread from back in the day. Seems like a LONG time ago now. But I am curious to see what people think.

The message board has grown quite a bit since then. We still have lots to do but now that the offseason is here we are hard at work. (Unlike the Jets who actually work harder in the offseason).

I give us a B+. An incredible year here but still plenty of room for improvement.

I put this at a b+, but oh-so-close to an A-.

The Baseball boards are fine, although sometimes they get too personal. Actually, only 1 poster is like that, but that's another story. :wink:

I like the stuff on the top page. Post of the week/day is nice too.

Still, room for more and better. Like the Jets, sigh. :(

First the good:

The posters. The bread and butter of this site. By the time one year officially passes, there will be 1000 members. Most people on here are very well informed, and have a lot to bring to the table. The Pats fans, although annoying at times, are good for the sight. They see the Jets like the rest of the world, and aren't afraid to tell us so.

The Baseaball forum is a nice suprise. It was busy during the season and lately with all the hot-stove activity.

The JetNation events were fun(Draft, Yankees game, JetNation tailgate). I hope these will become annual events.

Getting a link on the offical Jets site means JetNation is here to stay.

The live chats are great!

Now the Bad:

The banner on top of every page...what the hell? It's Joe Namath and then....crap.

The overall look needs some more bells and whistles.

Sell your t-shirts online!

How about a cleaned-up front page with headlines and links to the stories, instead of one long, bottomless front page. I feel for all the dial-up users still out there.

Max, GGG, Smizzy, Faba, GOB, everyone...keep up the good work!

=D>=D>=D>

They have an *ss kisser one, and you need a yawn one.

We are all over that. All we need is for someone to take a picture of Smizzy's a$$ and shrink it down to the size of a smilie. I would say by the end of the year we will definitely have that in place! :P

We are all over that. All we need is for someone to take a picture of Smizzy's a$$ and shrink it down to the size of a smilie. I would say by the end of the year we will definitely have that in place! :P

they have programs to shrink something that big??? :P

Archived