Jets Wont Fight that Hard to keep Edwards

Jetsfan1015

Holmes is clearly the more talented player and is going to cost more money to keep. Im not sure I would worry about either having the contract letdown since neither exactly lit it up in their walk years. Edwards could have had a walk year in 2009 and in 2010. He played well, but he played well for a 2nd WR not a 1. Its not like his production skyrocketed the way certain players have done in the past. Holmes didnt play WR1 great either. If I had to hedge a bet one way or the other Id lean towards Holmes being the better chance of dogging it simply because he never got big money before while Edwards had so maybe the money is new to him.

Holmes' touchdown catch against the Pats proves that he's the better WR. How many catches like that, did Edwards make? There's no real debate about this. Edwards is a great deep threat, and has made a lot of those deep catches, which is probably why he has more yards after the catch. Santonio made plenty of great plays and game winning plays. The better longterm solution IS Santonio, but I love Edwards and want him back as well. What most people don't realize is that these 2 receivers complement each other VERY WELL. When you have Edwards running a deep route and Santonio on a slant, the defense has to adjust because either of them can catch the ball and make a play out of it.

Guest Jpf4671

Me too. And I wasnt giving my opinion. I was giving Rex's. How many times have you heard him say that he's the best player on the field? I've said it before, but check out his interview on Holmes for the top 100 players. You never hear him talk about BE that way.

This is the best point, Braylon seems to be the fans choice but at the end of the day Rex if has to choose only one is going to choose Holmes, so odds are that's who it's going to be

Holmes' touchdown catch against the Pats proves that he's the better WR. How many catches like that, did Edwards make? There's no real debate about this. Edwards is a great deep threat, and has made a lot of those deep catches, which is probably why he has more yards after the catch. Santonio made plenty of great plays and game winning plays. The better longterm solution IS Santonio, but I love Edwards and want him back as well. What most people don't realize is that these 2 receivers complement each other VERY WELL. When you have Edwards running a deep route and Santonio on a slant, the defense has to adjust because either of them can catch the ball and make a play out of it.

I could just as easily switch the names and say, "Edwards' touchdown catch against the Pats proves that he's the better WR. How many catches like that, did Holmes make? There's no real debate about this" and it would be just as legitimate of a point. Holmes is certainly capable of doing things that Edwards is not, but Edwards is also capable of doing things Holmes can't either. The fact is that they have very different skill sets, so I'm not sure how one can clearly be considered better than the other, as outside of playing WR, they are two very different players. For me, my preference for Edwards isn't that I think he's clearly the better player, it's that personally I prefer the kind of skillset that Edwards brings to the table, and feel it's the lesson common skillset of the two.

That said, I do completely agree with you these two guys are the perfect compliments to each other and would love nothing more than to have them both back, as between the two of them can provide the Jets with just about anything you could want out of a receiving corps.

I'm also interested to see if during the recent Jets team drills whether or not we saw a repeat of Jets West with Braylon showing up and Holmes not. If so, at what point do you really think the kind of guys that Mikey T and Rex are don't take that into account? Meanwhile, if Holmes did show up, I wouldn't be surprise if that helped swing things further in his direction.