Sacred Thrust Mafia - Official Game Thread

Jack_D

Verb, CTM, Smash - nice job at the end there.

Smash - way to totally redeem the worst game ever as a doc. ;-)

Oh btw, read the dead thread....the Ape out did anything SMC has ever done in there from a "how everyone should be playing" perspective. Its really brilliant being that he blocked the Cop from having a guilty on scum.

Agreed on SMash... I twice typed out a post saying something to the effect of don't self protect but I figured i could ruin it for him if he intended to self protect.. Great job at the end..

ALso, lol @APe.. if we didn't off him he would've gone on RB'ing the cop at night and campaigning for his lynch during the day

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont worry about it. Jeez.

Hess and Ape were killing me over and over again. Sour grapes bro. You think I care?

Dont sweat it.

Why is everyone so damn sensitive in these F'ing games. Its a game, who gives a **** what others think of your play or what they think of you.

It's all good. Just needed to step away for a minute. I do take things seriously, I'm programmed that way. I like to be good at the things I do and when I'm not, I take an ego hit. Anyways, I realize I'm not the best at this game but I know I did my best.

Not all of us are built like you bro, I know I wish I was able to brush sh*t off like you do.

Regardless of my personal feelings about the game and all that other stuff I had fun.

Jack I think the set up was fine and it kept me on edge the entire game. The coroner was a nice addition and ultimately thats what balanced it out. Came down to the very end so must have been right. Now if the coroner had lived then I would understand scums arguement ....But he didnt so maybe next time you run this particular scenario you just start the game with No Death Scene role reveals and you got a winner.

No worries, I kicked around doing the emo thing myself :D

You played really well, there ere several times were I thought for sure you were scum but you defend so genuinely i backed off

Thanks. I always relish trying to take out the people in the game I view as good players and was hoping to get you. Hopefully when the tables are turned I'll be able to fend you off :D

Interesting game setup, Jack.

To the folks complaining about setup: the game came down to the wire at endgame with 4 players.....can't get much closer than that. Just sayin'.

I'd rather not argue the set-up. End game worked out and as scum all I will say is that it felt like an uphill battle the entire way. Never had a more stressful game as scum.

Hah. You played great dude, best I've seen from you.

I seem to remember some pretty damn good games by you as well you had a nice hot streak going last year if I remember correctly. When we first started playing Mafia I had a really good streak of about 3 games in a row then I went to sh*t and played terrible. Honestly I think it happens to all of us. Either way you played pretty good this game.

It's all good. Just needed to step away for a minute. I do take things seriously, I'm programmed that way. I like to be good at the things I do and when I'm not, I take an ego hit. Anyways, I realize I'm not the best at this game but I know I did my best.

Not all of us are built like you bro, I know I wish I was able to brush sh*t off like you do.

Regardless of my personal feelings about the game and all that other stuff I had fun.

I think what most people realize, and hess even designed a game to prove it, is that dead thread yammering when they know the setup is silly, false bravado.. There isn't a single one of us who hasn't had stretches of being 100%, so we're all vunerable to being called an idiot..

I haven't looked yet, but I'll assume it was jif and ape.. Lets look at thier finer moments this game

Ape: Roleblocked uncountered cop, preventing a guilty verdict. Convinced himself he blocked a NK and was dead set on lynching the guy who ended up playing a huge part in town winning

Jif: This stupid bastard refused to hammer scum, let it go to random and then was killed himself. Darwin award right there.

Everybody has thier moments..

To the folks complaining about setup: the game came down to the wire at endgame with 4 players.....can't get much closer than that. Just sayin'.

That's like saying the shooter didn't attempt to kill the victim because the victim ducked before the bullet hit him in the end.

Whatever, according to the Ape in the dead thread, you should even have paid attention to the game because you guys were going to dominate. lol

And I loved your line in the scum thread about how you and SMC get the most heat for your set ups. I almost spit my gum out laughing so hard. More like the 2 of you question everyone's set up more than anyone else.

Whatever man, it's true. SMC's Thing game was probably the most criticized mafia game ever (rightfully so if you ask me :-P) and I've had scum teams threaten to quit the game on me twice. But by all means, I'm sure you've got a great explanation for how a game where the only ability the scum has can be stopped by three different town players, and then the rest of the town is loaded up with a slew of other abilities. We couldn't even choose who submitted the NK, which was designed only to tie our hands even further and make things easier on you guys. For all of the talk about how much the dead coroner benefited us, we still had to get to him (when we didn't even know he existed, because we didn't get a thread laying out the town's abilities for us), and if we didn't get to him night one this game would have been a laugher for you guys.

The best part of it all? If the no reveal rule was actually enforced even a little bit, even in the ridiculously vague manner that allowed reveals throughout the game, we win that game on CTM's blatant reveal last night. Just saying.

Thanks. I always relish trying to take out the people in the game I view as good players and was hoping to get you. Hopefully when the tables are turned I'll be able to fend you off :D

Yeah, you had a tough go of it. I inadvertantly ended up on the right side of just about everything this game (besides killing Hess)...

Honestly was lost most of the game besides thinking Verb and Nae were scum :D

I think what most people realize, and hess even designed a game to prove it, is that dead thread yammering when they know the setup is silly, false bravado.. There isn't a single one of us who hasn't had stretches of being 100%, so we're all vunerable to being called an idiot..

I haven't looked yet, but I'll assume it was jif and ape.. Lets look at thier finer moments this game

Ape: Roleblocked uncountered cop, preventing a guilty verdict. Convinced himself he blocked a NK and was dead set on lynching the guy who ended up playing a huge part in town winning

Jif: This stupid bastard refused to hammer scum, let it go to random and then was killed himself. Darwin award right there.

Good point chan and exactly why I do not get into the dead thread much if at all.

Whatever man, it's true. SMC's Thing game was probably the most criticized mafia game ever (rightfully so if you ask me :-P) ...

Point of fact: The Thing game became imbalanced by execution. This game was imbalanced by design. That's completely different.

That's like comparing a house destroyed by a tornado and a house that collapsed because it was built on a bed of sand.

The best part of it all? If the no reveal rule was actually enforced even a little bit, even in the ridiculously vague manner that allowed reveals throughout the game, we win that game on CTM's blatant reveal last night. Just saying.

I figured by that point it was known what I was..

ANd remember you guys had 1/3 of the board.. 5 out of 16 players with evil intent isn't anything to sneeze at. THe vig took out two townies. I think the game was fairly balanced, imo, if vic had countered JC right away (not sure if you knew what no cornor meant ).. You guys could've won this game in a clean seep (imo) Jc was almost lynched day 1 and Vic could've driven us off a cliff vairly eaasily

Whatever man, it's true. SMC's Thing game was probably the most criticized mafia game ever (rightfully so if you ask me :-P) and I've had scum teams threaten to quit the game on me twice. But by all means, I'm sure you've got a great explanation for how a game where the only ability the scum has can be stopped by three different town players, and then the rest of the town is loaded up with a slew of other abilities. We couldn't even choose who submitted the NK, which was designed only to tie our hands even further and make things easier on you guys. For all of the talk about how much the dead coroner benefited us, we still had to get to him (when we didn't even know he existed, because we didn't get a thread laying out the town's abilities for us), and if we didn't get to him night one this game would have been a laugher for you guys.

So we were a little more creative at how we revealed than you guys :P

While that is true, we knew there was still next to no chance of victory from about 3 days ago. With so many ways to block NKs (and thus it happening 3 times), the town had days and days worth of your endless list of night actions to essentially be able to vet every one of you by the time we got your numbers down.

While granted I was on the scum team and that certainly slants my view, considering I was dead day two I wasn't exactly personally affected by this, but I still saw it the way I did.

Lol it's all true. I am just am notoriously hard on myself. I was that kid on the football team that would do push-ups of my own accord when I ****ed up. I like everyone here and in the end the friendships and the ribbing is what makes these games fun for me.

So we were a little more creative at how we revealed than you guys :P

Oh yeah, that "doctor" claim was REEEEAAAL creative. We didn't exactly have a lot to work with. Take a look at the scum thread and see how many times we were threatened with modkills if we posted some of the stuff we were discussing revealing, and then compare it to the reveals the town got away with in the game.

You are good Vic...you're F'ing VicGod. You defended magnificently with a pretty big slip. You completely pulled the wool over my eyes...eventually it would have been obvious but you fooled a lot of us. Ape and Hess were in full on dick mode in that thread. Who cares? The Ape is by far the worst player this game has ever seen, his criticism of others is laughable. Hess got all emo and I'm not even sure why.

I get this there is emotion invested into this game, but at the end of the day if you had fun. Thats the F'ing purpose. I'm just getting annoyed of everyone pulling this sh*t. We all know what we signed up for...and I hate when we dont have the normal cast. I look forward and appreciate what each player brings to the table.

You are good Vic...you're F'ing VicGod. You defended magnificently with a pretty big slip. You completely pulled the wool over my eyes...eventually it would have been obvious but you fooled a lot of us. Ape and Hess were in full on dick mode in that thread. Who cares? The Ape is by far the worst player this game has ever seen, his criticism of others is laughable. Hess got all emo and I'm not even sure why.

I get this there is emotion invested into this game, but at the end of the day if you had fun. Thats the F'ing purpose. I'm just getting annoyed of everyone pulling this sh*t. We all know what we signed up for...and I hate when we dont have the normal cast. I look forward and appreciate what each player brings to the table.

I had fun. Felt like I was getting back into the groove of things. Like I said, I just needed to step away for a few.

I enjoyed myself and although it was stressful I feel like I had to work harder for it this game which will make me better. I'm not going to talk anymore on the set-up just because honestly, you guys won and it takes away from good performances from JC, CTM and Smash at the end to win the game.

I figured by that point it was known what I was..

ANd remember you guys had 1/3 of the board.. 5 out of 16 players with evil intent isn't anything to sneeze at. THe vig took out two townies. I think the game was fairly balanced, imo, if vic had countered JC right away (not sure if you knew what no cornor meant ).. You guys could've won this game in a clean seep (imo) Jc was almost lynched day 1 and Vic could've driven us off a cliff vairly eaasily

I hear you. There's definitely things we could have done differently that would have given us a chance, but let's be honest, outside of JC a lot of the town played pretty damn awful, which is the only reason we could have won to begin with. If a townie doesn't RB the cop and a vig doesn't kill off nothing but townies, not to mention us getting lucky with a night one coroner kill, you guys could've taken us out in no time.

I actually tried to get Vic to counter JC, but there was just way too much of a delay in us having all the info we needed to pull it off properly that it was pretty much too late. No doubt that one's on us for not pulling it off properly. The numbers were certainly in our favor, but it didn't exactly help that it was laid out for you guys in a separate thread how our team was setup.

I guess my point is in most games if the scum team takes out the coroner night one, the RB blocks a cop and the vig is taking out townies left and right, you're looking at a scum team coasting to victory. It's not that we didn't screw up plenty to cost ourselves the game, but I guess it just felt like we would have had to play a perfect game while you guys would have to **** up at every turn in order for us to win.

I refused to get off scum because I was voting scum. Yeah, I'm an idiot. The logical choice based on the vets was to take SMC out first since he had no defense and wasnt vetted. And that whole situation was weird, so criticizing me seems unfair. Its not like anyone was screaming...HURRY!!! SWITCH VOTES!!!...and honestly, I didnt realize it was deadline. Obviously I would have switched.

And as for the dead thread, I was joking when I said I played perfect but the Ape bit. He's an easy target, especially since he was SMC x20 in that thread.

Its a game.

Oh yeah, that "doctor" claim was REEEEAAAL creative. We didn't exactly have a lot to work with. Take a look at the scum thread and see how many times we were threatened with modkills if we posted some of the stuff we were discussing revealing, and then compare it to the reveals the town got away with in the game.

Muwhahahaha.. hey I said exactly what Jack said I could and if you look back CTM questioned me for like 3 days LOL so it was not all that cut and dried.

I had fun. Felt like I was getting back into the groove of things. Like I said, I just needed to step away for a few.

I enjoyed myself and although it was stressful I feel like I had to work harder for it this game which will make me better. I'm not going to talk anymore on the set-up just because honestly, you guys won and it takes away from good performances from JC, CTM and Smash at the end to win the game.

This is a very good point, and I'm done too and want to know I don't want to take anything from great play by JC and a clutch finish by the town. It's just frustrating sometimes, and in particular for me lately since I can't seem to make it past day f'n 2 in these games anymore regardless of role.

Muwhahahaha.. hey I said exactly what Jack said I could and if you look back CTM questioned me for like 3 days LOL so it was not all that cut and dried.

Oh, I know it's not your fault, but that was still not exactly "creative". Only problem with that is the second you were allowed to reveal as "doctor" because that was your character name, any one of us should have been allowed to reveal as "cop" and just say that was our character name. Honestly, outside of some very strange descriptions it forced people to use, it just turned out that the no-reveal rule just didn't really exist, which is fine I guess considering that's how we normally play.

Thanks for the kudos...but I got extremely lucky...1. Surviving Day 1 and 2. Finding BG and Nae...

More of total town effort for the win...Sharrow saved my a$$ two nights...

Me blocking Vic was completely lucky. Really it was just bad luck for him. I could protect and RB him, until JC died without having to fear gimping his ability. If he had revealed any kind of role with an actual power, I wouldn't have been blocking him.

Also feel a little bad that I obviously took some people's eyes off the ball with Vic with my "vetting" him. Scum having 1 player designated for killing never crossed my mind, and I thought it would be really dumb to have the same person send in the kill two nights in a row after being blocked the first night.

That said, I got to sleep with Nae twice (night 1 and the night I died) so all is good. Damn those boobs are fine. Be jealous.

Me blocking Vic was completely lucky. Really it was just bad luck for him. I could protect and RB him, until JC died without having to fear gimping his ability. If he had revealed any kind of role with an actual power, I wouldn't have been blocking him.

Also feel a little bad that I obviously took some people's eyes off the ball with Vic with my "vetting" him. Scum having 1 player designated for killing never crossed my mind, and I thought it would be really dumb to have the same person send in the kill two nights in a row after being blocked the first night.

That said, I got to sleep with Nae twice (night 1 and the night I died) so all is good. Damn those boobs are fine. Be jealous.

That made me lol Sharrow! You dirty um.. nurse. Good job picking the scum so much to sleep with!

Smash.. I said it in the scum thread but I'll say it again... I love you man! You are what kept me alive as long as I was. I don't know why you all think I'm scum every damn game but you had to be right once right? (That line was mostly to Monkey boy)

I'm with BG on the setup being kind of in towns favor and the fact that he wasn't a very active mod for much of the game kinda screwed us. That part isn't his fault as he had rl stuff going on but he shoulda asked someone to step in and help.. any one of the guys in the dead thread would have been happy to help you out.

Til I died I was the most active scum. That was weird. Don't ever do that to me again guys. :P I'm horrible as scum!

Anyway, ftr, I don't think it was that unbalanced. I wouldn't even say that it's been the most unbalanced game we've had so far this season.

8 Roles were normal - Doc,Cop, Scum & roleless.

Then you have two very pro-scum roles in the Symp and Coroner.

Then you have four town roles that can be positive or negative - Roleblocker, Vig, Lynch Skip, & Double vote. Roleblocker and Vig were both big negatives in this game. The lynch skip only worked because Verbal was investigated that night. Otherwise he would have been lynched again & just given scum an extra night. The double vote would have been useless in a lesser townie's hands, or even a huge negative in some's.

Add all that up, and scum has a slight advantage, imo, with the Symp/Coroner being more of a negative than the rest are positive.

Not sure what the mechanics were on JIF's mason team role. I assume he could have chosen Pac or scum (>30%), and be manipulated. Add in the designated night killer and I would say it evens out.

The role I had, which could also have been a negative in the wrong hands, gives the town the advantage, imo.

That advantage was lost though completely, imo, when AVM was killed on the first night. At that point, scum had a huge advantage. If I don't luck into blocking Vic, you guys would have been at lylo on day 5. Nothing personal, but I just don't think you guys played very well. I lucked into stopping 2 night kills, JC was catching scum left and right & made an important investigation on Verbal, Slats had the clutch double vote on Nae. Town also got lucky with JIF pairing up with the Vig, which was probably the best choice possible, and allowed them to vet each other.

If Bleedin doesn't act so scummy on day 1, Vic has a better reveal, SMC doesn't make a bad name reveal, and you kill JC when it becomes obvious Smash doesn't trust him 1 bit, then you guys probably win this game easily.

Anyway, ftr, I don't think it was that unbalanced. I wouldn't even say that it's been the most unbalanced game we've had so far this season.

8 Roles were normal - Doc,Cop, Scum & roleless.

Then you have two very pro-scum roles in the Symp and Coroner.

Then you have four town roles that can be positive or negative - Roleblocker, Vig, Lynch Skip, & Double vote. Roleblocker and Vig were both big negatives in this game. The lynch skip only worked because Verbal was investigated that night. Otherwise he would have been lynched again & just given scum an extra night. The double vote would have been useless in a lesser townie's hands, or even a huge negative in some's.

Add all that up, and scum has a slight advantage, imo, with the Symp/Coroner being more of a negative than the rest are positive.

Not sure what the mechanics were on JIF's mason team role. I assume he could have chosen Pac or scum (>30%), and be manipulated. Add in the designated night killer and I would say it evens out.

The role I had, which could also have been a negative in the wrong hands, gives the town the advantage, imo.

That advantage was lost though completely, imo, when AVM was killed on the first night. At that point, scum had a huge advantage. If I don't luck into blocking Vic, you guys would have been at lylo on day 5. Nothing personal, but I just don't think you guys played very well. I lucked into stopping 2 night kills, JC was catching scum left and right & made an important investigation on Verbal, Slats had the clutch double vote on Nae. Town also got lucky with JIF pairing up with the Vig, which was probably the best choice possible, and allowed them to vet each other.

If Bleedin doesn't act so scummy on day 1, Vic has a better reveal, SMC doesn't make a bad name reveal, and you kill JC when it becomes obvious Smash doesn't trust him 1 bit, then you guys probably win this game easily.

What can I say, I have horrible instincts.

That made me lol Sharrow! You dirty um.. nurse. Good job picking the scum so much to sleep with!

Smash.. I said it in the scum thread but I'll say it again... I love you man! You are what kept me alive as long as I was. I don't know why you all think I'm scum every damn game but you had to be right once right? (That line was mostly to Monkey boy)

I'm with BG on the setup being kind of in towns favor and the fact that he wasn't a very active mod for much of the game kinda screwed us. That part isn't his fault as he had rl stuff going on but he shoulda asked someone to step in and help.. any one of the guys in the dead thread would have been happy to help you out.

Til I died I was the most active scum. That was weird. Don't ever do that to me again guys. :P I'm horrible as scum!

Ftr, on the first night I only slept with you because you were the only woman.

I was pretty sure you were town last game, btw.

Always <3 Vic. It gave me a good break from the game that most likely I wasn't going to take otherwise. And, for the most part, I didn't read a LOT of what went on so that's probably best. I kept up on the dead thread, and I'd jump in to read the scum thread and JiF/CTM's thread (mostly to see which of them was going to accuse the other of lying :P) from time to time.

Sharrow went full out beast mode and didn't know it. Love it.

@Vic/BG...are you guys really not playing BSG?

Archived