Sacred Thrust Mafia - Official Game Thread

Jack_D

LOL @ SharroWhore logic. You're out of your goddamned mind if you think scum had a slight advantage.

Coroner is a pro scum role? It's a townie. And what you say is positive & negative roles are all townies. It wasn't like they were third parties.

Scum had a NK that could be stopped by 3 players and a symp while the town had an army.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought this game was pretty well balanced, too.

Scum had 25% of the players, plus a symp. That's huge right there.

Town had multiple roles, but with Sharrow's RB/Healer along with Ape's RB and Smash's Doc, there was a strong possibility of a lot of town infighting and accusing back and forth. Vig and double-voted almost always hurt the town more than scum. The fact that a coroner needed to be alive for the town to get autopsy results was a huge benefit to the scum - especially when they offed him N1.

Game came down to the final four. Tough to complain about balance when a game ends like that.

Yeah, jif's neighbor role could've mated him with scum or symp, which would've been disasterous.. All scum would've had to do is convince jif of thier innocence, get jif to vet him in thrread, and then NK'd jif

LOL @ SharroWhore logic. You're out of your goddamned mind if you think scum had a slight advantage.

Coroner is a pro scum role? It's a townie. And what you say is positive & negative roles are all townies. It wasn't like they were third parties.

Scum had a NK that could be stopped by 3 players and a symp while the town had an army.

I said town had a slight advantage (Before AVM was killed, then scum had a huge advantage, except for BG getting got). You're saying that having a coroner in the game as opposed to a roleless helps the townies? That's ridiculous. It's clearly a pro-scum role.

I said town had a slight advantage (Before AVM was killed, then scum had a huge advantage, except for BG getting got). You're saying that having a coroner in the game as opposed to a roleless helps the townies? That's ridiculous. It's clearly a pro-scum role.

Yeah, they're pointing to some townie missteps but ignoring all of the really good plays town had

1) JC nabbing scum N1

2) JC nabbing Nae

3) You RB'ing vic

4) Jif partnering with me instead of scum/symp

5) Smash protecting me last night

6) Vig and Cop vetting smash

7) Town not lynching JC day 1 , or the other two times he was almost lynched

8) Jc investigating Verb the night he ended the day early

A lot of things went well too for town..

Always <3 Vic. It gave me a good break from the game that most likely I wasn't going to take otherwise. And, for the most part, I didn't read a LOT of what went on so that's probably best. I kept up on the dead thread, and I'd jump in to read the scum thread and JiF/CTM's thread (mostly to see which of them was going to accuse the other of lying :P) from time to time.

Sharrow went full out beast mode and didn't know it. Love it.

@Vic/BG...are you guys really not playing BSG?

No, I meant before I signed off for like 30 min to chill out. I'm playing for sure. Wouldn't miss that game.

The lynch skip only worked because Verbal was investigated that night. Otherwise he would have been lynched again & just given scum an extra night.

Thank God somebody noticed that. That was my reason for the move - I wanted to get viewed that night by the Cop so that I wasn't lynched the next day. Worked like a charm. Subtle pro-town moves FTW. ;-)

I'm sorry if this offends, but you really don't seem to understand mafia game balance. Coroner, while a town player, is pro-scum. They can be NKed, RBed, simply not believed, lyched, recruited -- there are countless ways to make that hard for town. A pro-town way is a mod-coroner. Vigs, while also town, can be neutral considering they shoot without mod confirmation. Case in point: CTM shot 2 townies.

Same for roleblocker - they could stop a Cop (like Ape did), stop a vig from shooting scum, stop the Doc from protecting -- also neutral. Just because their alignment is town does not make them a totally pro-town role. There is a difference there that you are failing to see.

Not to mention you underestimate the power of a symp. Pac saved Vic's a$$ and granted the scum team a free full phase - that kind of thing is almost as powerful as simply having another mafia member.

Ok, I'm done with the discussion as well. I've been playing mafia for 4 years now, and have modded a handful as well. In my opinion the game, while not perfectly balanced, was not as lopsided as scum would have us believe. Sorry, but it's just my opinion.

Thank God somebody noticed that. That was my reason for the move - I wanted to get viewed that night by the Cop so that I wasn't lynched the next day. Worked like a charm. Subtle pro-town moves FTW. ;-)

I'm sorry if this offends, but you really don't seem to understand mafia game balance. Coroner, while a town player, is pro-scum. They can be NKed, RBed, simply not believed, lyched, recruited -- there are countless ways to make that hard for town. A pro-town way is a mod-coroner. Vigs, while also town, can be neutral considering they shoot without mod confirmation. Case in point: CTM shot 2 townies.

Same for roleblocker - they could stop a Cop (like Ape did), stop a vig from shooting scum, stop the Doc from protecting -- also neutral. Just because their alignment is town does not make them a totally pro-town role. There is a difference there that you are failing to see.

Not to mention you underestimate the power of a symp. Pac saved Vic's a$$ and granted the scum team a free full phase - that kind of thing is almost as powerful as simply having another mafia member.

Ok, I'm done with the discussion as well. I've been playing mafia for 4 years now, and have modded a handful as well. In my opinion the game, while not perfectly balanced, was not as lopsided as scum would have us believe. Sorry, but it's just my opinion.

Oh boy...something tells me you aint done with this discussion. lol

Oh boy...something tells me you aint done with this discussion. lol

Hehe.....I'm thinking that perhaps I've found a solid person to fight with all the time. I don't ever remember agreeing with SMC, so this works for me. I'm so neglected - you all have a nemesis, and I have...what, Dan? She's too damn nice! Not to mention she's a ******* monster at this game.

Hehe.....I'm thinking that perhaps I've found a solid person to fight with all the time. I don't ever remember agreeing with SMC, so this works for me. I'm so neglected - you all have a nemesis, and I have...what, Dan? She's too damn nice! Not to mention she's a ******* monster at this game.

Smc is a good nemesis, he likes when you call him blockhead and especially likes if you can get creative with his intials.

SoMentallyChallanged

SoManyComplaints

SoMuchComplaining

etc..

But does he already have a nemesis? I don't want to step on anybody's toes, ya know. I liked fighting with him. I say that as a compliment to him, but still.....I like fighting with complainers. It brings me joy.

Gaining nemesis is easy...but you have to not give a **** about what happens in the game.

Smc is a good nemesis, he likes when you call him blockhead and especially likes if you can get creative with his intials.

SoMentallyChallanged

SoManyComplaints

SoMuchComplaining

etc..

Truth.

SeeMeCum

SuckMyCock

SwallowMyCum

ShootMyCock

sh*tMoreCake?

But does he already have a nemesis? I don't want to step on anybody's toes, ya know. I liked fighting with him. I say that as a compliment to him, but still.....I like fighting with complainers. It brings me joy.

SMC is a nemesis whore, he nemesis's around. Not sure you can make him a loyal nemesis, but he'll give you a quicky here and there

Oh yeah, that "doctor" claim was REEEEAAAL creative. We didn't exactly have a lot to work with. Take a look at the scum thread and see how many times we were threatened with modkills if we posted some of the stuff we were discussing revealing, and then compare it to the reveals the town got away with in the game.

FTR...I was hit with threats from Jack right from the git go...after I found you I got this beauty of a PM...

"You know you can't say you found scum or town? That'd be role revealing."

Like Smash stated earlier...we were a little more creative... :lol:

Oh, I'm going for loyal. Pretty sure he has it in for me due to being part of the NK on him in the Office game. I'll just keep stoking the fire, and work from there. I thought Hess for a while, but he mostly likely wouldn't give a sh*t and bore me. I need some fight in 'em.

Oh, I'm going for loyal. Pretty sure he has it in for me due to being part of the NK on him in the Office game. I'll just keep stoking the fire, and work from there. I thought Hess for a while, but he mostly likely wouldn't give a sh*t and bore me. I need some fight in 'em.

I have the weirdest boner.

lol.. there's so much funny stuff in the dead thread...

APe: Oh, and Jack don't worry about me over on DM... I didn't always play like "the Ape" it is a style that evolved here due to my propensity to mix it up with Pac, CTM, Slats and SMC, among others.

otherwise known as every vocal player

Hess: BTW this isn't why Scum is DOMINATING Town this game. Not when you got Hippy O'Stalin and Barney McMussolini roaming around shooting whoever the **** doesn't agree that they're confirmed townies b/c they said so. ******* wanking dicks. :)

Hahahaha, wait do you mean me?

Sorry if this offends, but you don't know what the frack you're talking about. See you in the BSG game, ahole. I'm coming for you. :D

lol.. there's so much funny stuff in the dead thread...

APe: Oh, and Jack don't worry about me over on DM... I didn't always play like "the Ape" it is a style that evolved here due to my propensity to mix it up with Pac, CTM, Slats and SMC, among others.

otherwise known as every vocal player

Hess: BTW this isn't why Scum is DOMINATING Town this game. Not when you got Hippy O'Stalin and Barney McMussolini roaming around shooting whoever the **** doesn't agree that they're confirmed townies b/c they said so. ******* wanking dicks. :)

Hahahaha, wait do you mean me?

I'm some what tempted to see what that idiot is doing over at DM.

Sorry if this offends, but you don't know what the frack you're talking about. See you in the BSG game, ahole. I'm coming for you. :D

Bring it, bitch. Just remember you're coming into a battle of wits unarmed. ;-)

I'm some what tempted to see what that idiot is doing over at DM.

I'll keep you in the loop - DPR and I are the forum moderators for DM mafia.....ala Crusher here.

I'm loyal. I'll kill you every chance I get. Is that not loyalty?

Ask Brett.

No idea what took you clowns so long to lynch me.. I thought I was laying in on extra thick.

You were, but it looked as if you might be hinting at bringing AVM back, or at least his results....or perhaps a dead townie. Dunno, but with the lack of general knowledge at the time, it seemed feasible to see if you were full of it. Which, incidentally, you were.

But brilliant move by you to save Vic. I'll give you props - you are quite the underrated player. As Hess would say, slight homo. You, not me. Eww.

I know its a bluff... but this is a straight up role reveal by Nae "I'm an EMT. Vic? Were you aware you were supposedly sleeping with Sharrow? I ask cause I dunno if my person knew I was driving them around town each night and have been since we all mass revealed."

Monkey... no more or less than the 8 ball saying yes or no, "damn good doctor", etc. Shove it up your pie hole my friend.

CTM came right out and blatantly revealed with "you kill me, you kill the town vig". That is one argument I've had with Jack the entire time. You only hated mine because I was scum.

By the way.. I was so damned "obvious" to you day one.. even though you find me clearly scum in EVERY SINGLE GAME IVE EVER PLAYED WITH YOU... then tell me how I was so obvious? Alot of you find me scum every damned game. This only makes my second time. Like I said.. a broken clock is still right twice a day.

Monkey... no more or less than the 8 ball saying yes or no, "damn good doctor", etc. Shove it up your pie hole my friend.

CTM came right out and blatantly revealed with "you kill me, you kill the town vig". That is one argument I've had with Jack the entire time. You only hated mine because I was scum.

By the way.. I was so damned "obvious" to you day one.. even though you find me clearly scum in EVERY SINGLE GAME IVE EVER PLAYED WITH YOU... then tell me how I was so obvious? Alot of you find me scum every damned game. This only makes my second time. Like I said.. a broken clock is still right twice a day.

Lol, that should be his sig. Or at least below his avatar.

Archived