Holy Smokes Florida!!!

JustInFudge

So Florida has been basically on fire for the past week or so...at least North Florida has and this morning the smoke is so thick, its insane. Wish I knew how to post pics from my phone, but driving over the Intercoastal on the way to work, I could barely see the water through the smoke. My entire office smells like theirs a bonfire in the middle of it. Really weird sh*t. I can remember the really bad fires from like 98/99 time frame, but even then it didnt produce smoke like this...its really crazy.

I know there's a bunch of S. FL peeps on this site...are you guys seeing all this smoke too? Orlando wasnt this weekend...so I'm guessing not...but still, this is nuts. Obviously minor compared to other stuff happening around the country but freaky nonetheless.

So Florida has been basically on fire for the past week or so...at least North Florida has and this morning the smoke is so thick, its insane. Wish I knew how to post pics from my phone, but driving over the Intercoastal on the way to work, I could barely see the water through the smoke. My entire office smells like theirs a bonfire in the middle of it. Really weird sh*t. I can remember the really bad fires from like 98/99 time frame, but even then it didnt produce smoke like this...its really crazy.

I know there's a bunch of S. FL peeps on this site...are you guys seeing all this smoke too? Orlando wasnt this weekend...so I'm guessing not...but still, this is nuts. Obviously minor compared to other stuff happening around the country but freaky nonetheless.

This is killing me. I spent 15 minutes outside this morning and now I feel like I smoked a pack of cigarettes and I haven't smoked one in more than two years.

This is killing me. I spent 15 minutes outside this morning and now I feel like I smoked a pack of cigarettes and I haven't smoked one in more than two years.

Yeah, it sucks. Not liking it at all...I surfed on Sunday and felt like I was smoking the entire session.

Arizona and Florida on fire? Meh. I'll give those up.

Oh, T0m, you can be so heartless sometimes.

It's not smoky at all down here. On Monday morning you could smell it but no visible smoke. Love the smell of it though...weird.

Yeah, I love the smell when I'm at a camp site or something (dont actually remember the last time I went camping)...but not all day long for an entire week.

It's not smoky at all down here. On Monday morning you could smell it but no visible smoke. Love the smell of it though...weird.

It would probably be a lot more visible down there had the Heat not choked in the finals.

I smelt (is that a word?) a little smoke in the Palm Beach County air late last night but it was very slight. I was listening to George Noory's Coast To Coast from a Flagler County station and they were talking about all the smoke up that-a-way

I smelt (is that a word?) a little smoke in the Palm Beach County air late last night but it was very slight. I was listening to George Noory's Coast To Coast from a Flagler County station and they were talking about all the smoke up that-a-way

Flagler County is about an hour south...I'm sure they are getting it bad too.

Everyone stinks like it to...its sticking to everyone's clothes.

I haven't smelled smoke down here (PBC), hell I didn't even know parts Florida were on fire.

It's really dry down here though.

Yeah, I'm not sure if we are still getting fires toward the middle of the state in N.FL, but there is a ton of smoke. We got a ton of rain on Monday, so I'm not sure if the fires have been put out and this is the smoke settling or what.

I cant find anything online either, but I did read the Everglades had some really bad brush fires this week.

Yeah, I'm not sure if we are still getting fires toward the middle of the state in N.FL, but there is a ton of smoke. We got a ton of rain on Monday, so I'm not sure if the fires have been put out and this is the smoke settling or what.

I cant find anything online either, but I did read the Everglades had some really bad brush fires this week.

There were also a couple of small wildfires in souther Georgia.

There were also a couple of small wildfires in souther Georgia.

Is that where this current smoke is coming from?

Ft Lauderdale is fine. It smells like the Everglades are on fire but you can't see any smoke.

Interesting...they said it chared 70000 acres. You'd think you would notice it in S.FL.

Unfortunately global warming is not a people issue but has become a political issue. And that's why i would not mention it as a cause for all these fires! :)

the solar cycle has been mentioned as a contributing cause for volcanoes and quakes, maybe it's related to the fires as well. the arizona fire was started by a camp fitre I believe

the solar cycle has been mentioned as a contributing cause for volcanoes and quakes, maybe it's related to the fires as well. the arizona fire was started by a camp fitre I believe

Maybe it is. But its the rate at which these fires are spreading. To top that we were in a record heat wave just last week. Maybe there is some connection to global warming. :)

Archived