'Jackass' Star Ryan Dunn, 34, Dies in Car Crash

Maxman

'Jackass' Star Ryan Dunn, 34, Dies in Car Crash

132 CommentsBy PopEater Staff Posted Jun 20th 2011 10:35AM 5501242868180 1308581679010.jpg

'Jackass' star Ryan Dunn died early Monday in a Pennsylvania car crash, police confirmed. April Margera, the mother of a fellow 'Jackass' dare devil, Bam Margera, told a local radio station and later TMZ that Dunn was killed in the car wreck that also left one other, who has yet to be identified, dead.

The 34-year-old was a part of the 'Jackass' film franchise -- often pulling off eyebrow raising stunts to the delight of his fellow thrill-seeking buddies.

crash400-1308583075.jpgThe Morning Freak Show on 96.1 is reporting that Dunn was at the wheel when his Porsche careened over the road's guardrail and into the woods before bursting into flames. The collision occurred at roughly 3:00 AM Monday morning on Pennsylvania's Route 322.

A photo of the charred wreckage was posted on Twitter, apparently by the towing company. They were quickly taken down but uploaded on Flickr. The images show the extent of the fire that engulfed the vehicle.

Just hours before his death, Dunn tweeted a photo of himself and two pals -- documenting their night out, beer and cigarette in hand.

Although it has not yet been officially confirmed who was driving when it crashed or the cause of the accident, Chief Deputy Coroner David Garner told Chester County's Daily Local News that there was only one vehicle involved in the crash.

"Preliminary investigation revealed that speed may have been a contributing factor to the accident," police said in a statement.

Both bodies suffered severe burns in the wreck, and emergency responders could not immediately identify them, but police have confirmed that one of the victims was Dunn. The identity of Dunn's passenger will be revealed pending autopsy results due out later today.

In between projects with 'Jackass,' the fun-loving stuntman appeared regularly in spin-offs like 'Viva La Bam' and 'Bam's Unholy Union,' later launching his own MTV show, 'Home Wrecker' and appearing in films such as 'Haggard' and 'A Halfway House Christmas.'

Dunn and fellow 'Jackass' Steve-O on a Recent Episode of 'Minute to Win It':

Probably the most important SC case of the year was ruled upon today, and Facebook and Twitter have been flooded with sentiments for a guy whose claim to fame was being covered in poo and shoving things up his a$$. And we wonder why people wanna blow us the **** up.

You were right on till the last sentence!

Margera RIPS Ebert -- SHUT UP About Ryan Dunn

6/20/2011 9:05 PM PDT by TMZ Staff

Bam Margera is FURIOUS with Roger Ebert -- telling the the movie critic to shut his "fat f*cking mouth" over a tweet Ebert posted earlier today, criticizing Bam's friend and "Jackass" co-star Ryan Dunn for drinking and driving ... just hours after Dunn passed away.

0620-tweet-2.jpg

Earlier today, after TMZ posted the story that Dunn was seen drinking at a Philly-area bar before his fatal crash, Ebert posted a tweet that read, "Friends don't let jackasses drink and drive."

After a day of silence, Bam finally went to his Twitter to BLAST Ebert late Monday night ... saying, "I just lost my best friend, I have been crying hysterical for a full day and piece of s**t roger ebert has the gall to put in his 2 cents about a jackass drunk driving and [he is] one, f*

Bam Margera is FURIOUS with Roger Ebert -- telling the the movie critic to shut his "fat f*cking mouth" over a tweet Ebert posted earlier today, criticizing Bam's friend and "Jackass" co-star Ryan Dunn for drinking and driving ... just hours after Dunn passed away.

0620-tweet-2.jpg

Earlier today, after TMZ posted the story that Dunn was seen drinking at a Philly-area bar before his fatal crash, Ebert posted a tweet that read, "Friends don't let jackasses drink and drive."

After a day of silence, Bam finally went to his Twitter to BLAST Ebert late Monday night ... saying, "I just lost my best friend, I have been crying hysterical for a full day and piece of s**t roger ebert has the gall to put in his 2 cents about a jackass drunk driving and [he is] one, f*

If it's any consolation, Bam, Roger Ebert has half a face.

0620-tweet-2.jpg

For once I actually agree with Ebert.

Go ahead and grieve for your friend Bam, but Ebert was right.

I drove home pretty drunk last week. I felt like crap about it... shameful and guilty... for being reckless and for breaking my girl's heart when she realized what I did. ******* stupid.

We watched an episode of one of our favorite shows on Saturday night and in the first 5 minutes there were 2 references to drunk driving and being stupid.

We watched Jackass 3.5 on Sunday night.

I saw this news and could only thing selfishly about how stupid I was, and how lucky I was. Took my eye off the ball and the universe is letting me know I got lucky...

He was irresponsible and stupid for driving after partying all night, but RIP, and thanks for the reminder that we're not indestructible.

I drove home pretty drunk last week. I felt like crap about it... shameful and guilty... for being reckless and for breaking my girl's heart when she realized what I did. ******* stupid.

We watched an episode of one of our favorite shows on Saturday night and in the first 5 minutes there were 2 references to drunk driving and being stupid.

We watched Jackass 3.5 on Sunday night.

I saw this news and could only thing selfishly about how stupid I was, and how lucky I was. Took my eye off the ball and the universe is letting me know I got lucky...

He was irresponsible and stupid for driving after partying all night, but RIP, and thanks for the reminder that we're not indestructible.

ahhh...nothing worse than an entire day(s) of self loathing after a bad night of drinking.

Why, because you never got behind the wheel when you were drunk?

The guy f-ed up...It's a tragic loss of 2 lives

Of course it's tragic, doesn't mean you can't try and turn it in to some sort of lesson when the death is more or less self-induced.

Drove drunk way too many times in my life, got out of a couple DUI's due to some of the most bizarre circumstances imaginable. And not for nothing, but if I killed myself and/or someone else behind the wheel because of it, I'd expect nothing less than to be remembered as a jackass who should have called a cab.

Of course it's tragic, doesn't mean you can't try and turn it in to some sort of lesson when the death is more or less self-induced.

Drove drunk way too many times in my life, got out of a couple DUI's due to some of the most bizarre circumstances imaginable. And not for nothing, but if I killed myself and/or someone else behind the wheel because of it, I'd expect nothing less than to be remembered as a jackass who should have called a cab.

word

Well said

Why, because you never got behind the wheel when you were drunk?

The guy f-ed up...It's a tragic loss of 2 lives

No. I never got behind the wheel when drunk. Not once.

Anyone who does is dumb.

I have no sympathy for anyone who drives drunk. I dont feel sad because he was stupid and died. I feel bad that people will glorify this loser and look past the simple message. DONT EFFFING DRINK AND DRIVE.

If it's true that this guy took pictures of himself trashed at the bar, then got behind the wheel and killed himself and his passenger drunk doing almost triple the speed limit then I have absolutely no sympathy for him. **** him. Your claim to fame is doing stupid sh*t. Don't put other people at risk because of your own stupidity. If you want to risk your own life, then by all means, let evolution clean up your mess, but don't put innocent lives at risk. I feel bad for the other guy that got killed and for his friends and family, but Dunn can suck a dick. Funny how nobody even mentions the name of the other guy, yet this complete a$$hole gets all the attention.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/06/22/us-dunn-idUSTRE75L6XU20110622

"Jackass" co-star was drunk when he died in car crash

(Reuters) - Ryan Dunn, a co-star of the hit "Jackass" movies, had a blood-alcohol level more than twice the legal limit when his speeding Porsche careened off a highway, killing him and a passenger, police said Wednesday.

The sports car was traveling at speeds of up to 140 miles per hour when the crash occurred early Monday in West Goshen, a suburb of Philadelphia, police said.

Dunn's blood-alcohol reading was 0.196, according to a toxicology report released by authorities. The legal limit in Pennsylvania is 0.08.

It wasn't the first time the daredevil personality, 34, got behind the wheel after drinking, authorities said, noting he was cited for driving under the influence in 2005.

The police report also said no "drugs of abuse" were found in Dunn's system.

The Chester County Coroner's office earlier ruled that Dunn and his passenger, Zachary Hartwell, 30, both of West Chester, died of trauma.

Police said the car drove off the highway, and they found it in a nearby wooded area fully engulfed in flames.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/06/22/us-dunn-idUSTRE75L6XU20110622

"Jackass" co-star was drunk when he died in car crash

(Reuters) - Ryan Dunn, a co-star of the hit "Jackass" movies, had a blood-alcohol level more than twice the legal limit when his speeding Porsche careened off a highway, killing him and a passenger, police said Wednesday.

The sports car was traveling at speeds of up to 140 miles per hour when the crash occurred early Monday in West Goshen, a suburb of Philadelphia, police said.

Dunn's blood-alcohol reading was 0.196, according to a toxicology report released by authorities. The legal limit in Pennsylvania is 0.08.

It wasn't the first time the daredevil personality, 34, got behind the wheel after drinking, authorities said, noting he was cited for driving under the influence in 2005.

The police report also said no "drugs of abuse" were found in Dunn's system.

The Chester County Coroner's office earlier ruled that Dunn and his passenger, Zachary Hartwell, 30, both of West Chester, died of trauma.

Police said the car drove off the highway, and they found it in a nearby wooded area fully engulfed in flames.

Nothing is tragic about this. The guy was f'd up, drove 100+ miles an hour, and crashed. Thank goodness he didn't kill innocent bystanders.

Archived