The hardcore (music) scene is changing...

vinnys025

I grew up on hardcore metal like Pantera, VOD, Metallica ect.... So I went to a concert to see Texas in July as a goof with a friend...and it was amazing. The drummer in Texas in July is something special for sure (very good). Also, the lead singer of Texas in July has got a good voice for hardcore...and is a really cool dude in real life (met him)

I'm not really too sure what this stretching the ear thing is with these weird ear-rings that these kids are wearing (as well as the band members in this type of genre) but I do remember seeing it in some African tribe as part of their culture...lol.

So anyway, I wanted to introduce some bands that maybe some of you never heard of that are pretty good up and comers as far as hardcore goes....I think they call it metal-core these days. The scene and music is changing a bit, but I like the sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMVAwDO3jsk&feature=channel_video_title

I grew up on hardcore metal like Pantera, VOD, Metallica ect....

Not to nitpick, but while the hardcore music scene became more influenced by metal in the mid-80's with bands beginning to stray from the punk roots, Pantera and Metallica are metal bands that never had anything to do with the genre known as "hardcore" or "hardcore punk" from a musical standpoint (save for a cover song perhaps).

Not to nitpick, but while the hardcore music scene became more influenced by metal in the mid-80's with bands beginning to stray from the punk roots, Pantera and Metallica are metal bands that never had anything to do with the genre known as "hardcore" or "hardcore punk" from a musical standpoint (save for a cover song perhaps).

Pantera and Metallica are pure metal. HxC was influenced from punk.

Hahaha... this. I was going to be a curmudgeon but you beat me to it.

Punk = The Clash, Ramones

Hardcore = Minor Threat, Youth of Today, Sick of it All

Emo (the real emo) = Quicksand, Fugazi

Metal = Metallica, Pantera

Metalcore = VOD, almost everything from Victory Records in the 2000's heh

What they call emo now = the soundtrack to Daredevil movie :lol:

Not saying its bad, it is definitely nitpicky... some of us old punks get uppity about the subject of cross-pollination of the music we grew up on.

That said, cool thread - and kudos for trying to introduce some new tunes to a sometimes fickle crowd. :D

It wasn't exactly difficult... all of the guidos into hardcore gravitate to the pseudo tough guy bands..

Call it overcompensating, if you will...

When we were young all of the guidos gravitated to Agnostic Front, Warzone, Cro-mags and Sick of it All... hahah... at least then it sounded like hardcore, now it all sounds like B-sides from a Pantera album. Not that that is a terrible thing, but its a terrible thing to call it hardcore...

This. I'm horribly offended by what people consider "punk" or "hardcore" these days.

When we were young all of the guidos gravitated to Agnostic Front, Warzone, Cro-mags and Sick of it All... hahah...

Yeah, but at least I liked those bands!

Those were definitely the shows at which you were more likely to get suckerpunched (without brass knuckles, if lucky), stomped on, or stabbed.

Yeah, but at least I liked those bands!

Those were definitely the shows at which you were more likely to get suckerpunched (without brass knuckles, if lucky), stomped on, or stabbed.

Most definitely. Hahaha... most of the goombas never quite "got it"

It wasn't exactly difficult... all of the guidos into hardcore gravitate to the pseudo tough guy bands..

Call it overcompensating, if you will...

cute, but I can assure you that early Hatebreed (under the knife, satisfaction is the death of desire) were known to be some of the most violent shows.

Dude, they had a sick pit bro.

I have to confess, I went to one of their shows once and there was this fat girl she looked like 14-15 years old, big smile on her face, having the best time... now mind you I wasn't in the pit... but I was close enough to it so that I can tell my friends I was like in it, and totally cleared it out like the man... anyway this fat girl, she's standing next to the pit, doing the pogo or something... I went up right behind her and gave her a full power shot from behind, punched her right in the face dude... totally annihilated her, and she was like "waahhhhh" and all my bro's were like "dude, your the ******* man dude"

We re-enact it all the time, when we drink and slamdance in my mom's basement.

I'm the ******* hardcore legend bro. Legend.

cute, but I can assure you that early Hatebreed (under the knife, satisfaction is the death of desire) were known to be some of the most violent shows.

Something of which only a true meathead would be proud...

Regardless, I did see them a few times back then and don't recall anything above and beyond the norm.

I have to confess, I went to one of their shows once and there was this fat girl she looked like 14-15 years old, big smile on her face, having the best time... now mind you I wasn't in the pit... but I was close enough to it so that I can tell my friends I was like in it, and totally cleared it out like the man... anyway this fat girl, she's standing next to the pit, doing the pogo or something... I went up right behind her and gave her a full power shot from behind, punched her right in the face dude... totally annihilated her, and she was like "waahhhhh" and all my bro's were like "dude, your the ******* man dude"

We re-enact it all the time, when we drink and slamdance in my mom's basement.

I'm the ******* hardcore legend bro. Legend.

This is actually quite funny...I dont really get into pits anymore even though I still go to any punk/hardcore show that comes around. But I did get into the pit at the NOFX/Bouncing Souls show I went to. And I was a full on pit boss, just running around that thing Bushwackers style. This girl decided she wanted to get into the pit and jumped in the circle right when I was throwing fists...and I straight jacked this girl. Poor thing, got the noodle legs and dropped. Her boyfriend, who as all 5'9 145lbs soaking wet, came running in and pushed me...which I didnt budge, and was like DUDE!!! WTF!!! I had no response other than shrugging my shoulders and kept dancing. lol

This is actually quite funny...I dont really get into pits anymore even though I still go to any punk/hardcore show that comes around. But I did get into the pit at the NOFX/Bouncing Souls show I went to. And I was a full on pit boss, just running around that thing Bushwackers style. This girl decided she wanted to get into the pit and jumped in the circle right when I was throwing fists...and I straight jacked this girl. Poor thing, got the noodle legs and dropped. Her boyfriend, who as all 5'9 145lbs soaking wet, came running in and pushed me...which I didnt budge, and was like DUDE!!! WTF!!! I had no response other than shrugging my shoulders and kept dancing. lol

My post was entirely satirical, which I'm sure you know... that said I have no qualms about punching the same types of meatheads I was satiring with that post right in the gob at a show... but I'd rather not have to deal with it in general.... the last time I went in a pit it was probably 10+ years ago and people were still doing "dances" like "pickin' up change" and what-not... now I have no tolerance for crowds, and even less tolerance for dooshey kids that just don't have the same values I do.

Type O negative/ Pantera early 90's,,, Everything from Biker dudes, what seemed like homeless to college kids. Very exciting. I had a bunch of glass in my underwear after wards. LOL

Type O negative/ Pantera early 90's,,, Everything from Biker dudes, what seemed like homeless to college kids. Very exciting. I had a bunch of glass in my underwear after wards. LOL

I'm not a huge metal fan, I like some of the more classic stuff...but I dig Pantera. Went to a show with them and White Zombie in the Orlando Arena...wont lie, gnarliest pit I've ever been in.

Something of which only a true meathead would be proud...

Regardless, I did see them a few times back then and don't recall anything above and beyond the norm.

you called it fake tough guy hardcore, so I had to defend it. Anyways im nearing 30 and stay away from local shows and the pit for the most part. The scene is overrun with young kids.

I grew up on hardcore metal like Pantera, VOD, Metallica ect....

Larz just made me realize that you were the one that said this about Lady Gaga.

She's a demonic freak show who covers herself in blood....while little impressionable girls look up to her. Very sad situation indeed. Who cares how much money she makes, does that impress you? ....and at what expense? I'm not picking on you, but she can make her money in a more respectable way IMHO.

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/index.php?/topic/98449-lady-gaga/

Very confused if you grew up on bands like the ones above and you have this opinion about Lady Gaga. lmfao

I'm not a huge metal fan, I like some of the more classic stuff...but I dig Pantera. Went to a show with them and White Zombie in the Orlando Arena...wont lie, gnarliest pit I've ever been in.

Dude!! I was totally out of it but had cuts all over my body and my boyz where telling me stories of stuff I did. My boy Eddie had a tooth knocked out by a swigning head. LOL

Dude!! I was totally out of it but had cuts all over my body and my boyz where telling me stories of stuff I did. My boy Eddie had a tooth knocked out by a swigning head. LOL

Sounds like fun.. lol

Cracking up at the idea of jif in a mosh pit... could just see the threads the next day on panteranation.com...

"Did anyone else get thier dick grabbed in the pit last night?"..

"When did dry humping become acceptable pit behavior?"

"Passed out in pit, a$$ hurts this morning. WTF!"

Sounds like fun.. lol

Cracking up at the idea of jif in a mosh pit... could just see the threads the next day on panteranation.com...

"Did anyone else get thier dick grabbed in the pit last night?"..

"When did dry humping become acceptable pit behavior?"

"Passed out in pit, a$$ hurts this morning. WTF!"

Actually it was 25 years ago and I would go anywhere that had booze and broads. 19 year old Crusher was a whole different animal.

I brought Baby Crusher to see Korn a couple years back,. We had nice VIP seats and pitpasses. All these little emo queers kept bumping into me. Pretty funny.

Archived