AL MVP so far?

Matt39

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pedro should have won it in 99....I dont see a problem with a pitcher winning MVP.

And if the "where would the team be without X player" holds water... I think Sabathia has a better case than anyone.

Pitchers have their own award is what a lot of people will claim. I agree that pitchers should be considered. That said, CC should be considered. And if the tigers do well so should Verlander.

What are they? Second in runs scored? Let's cry about the lineup. They only scored double digits for him six times this year! Wah! Wah!

Anyone who has been watching the team play for the last month or so knows they are playing with 5 automatic outs, Tex and Cano who are having decent years and Granderson and Gardner are the only 2 guys playing well. The lineup has been the reason they arent in first place.

Why? Because Bautista has a few more home runs or because he has less around him? Gonzalez would get my vote. He leads the league in numerous categories and he plays stellar defense. Bautista is not good on D. The Jays are also a 4th place team and fading.

What a shock. Carl chooses a player from the Red Sox.

And Ellsbury is deserving of votes.

Without a doubt. It's time to give the guy his due. Having a monster year and is probably the best lead-off hitter in the game. Healthy and adding some power to his game has moved him to the upper tier of outfielders.

I like what Reddick has been showing as well. Sox could have a nice young outfield for years to come.

Hopefully Mets ask for Reddick in any Beltran talks.

Without a doubt. It's time to give the guy his due. Having a monster year and is probably the best lead-off hitter in the game. Healthy and adding some power to his game has moved him to the upper tier of outfielders.

I like what Reddick has been showing as well. Sox could have a nice young outfield for years to come.

Hopefully Mets ask for Reddick in any Beltran talks.

The asking price for Beltran is too much for a guy that won't return draft picks. The Sox can manage as is in the lineup. They may add a BP arm but I doubt they do anything major. They sent their best prospects for A Gon. Other teams have more to offer.

The asking price for Beltran is too much for a guy that won't return draft picks. The Sox can manage as is in the lineup. They may add a BP arm but I doubt they do anything major. They sent their best prospects for A Gon. Other teams have more to offer.

If Rizzo and Kelley were their best prospects, Boston's system must be HORRIBLE.

Says you and nobody else. Give it up. Much more respected people disagree with you including baseball scouts and executives and more. But I'm sure you know all.

Baseball executives who are AWESOME at their jobs like Jed Hoyer. I wonder if I could keep my job if I sucked out loud as much as he does...

Baseball executives who are AWESOME at their jobs like Jed Hoyer. I wonder if I could keep my job if I sucked out loud as much as he does...

How do you know that deal is a bad one until the prospects even develop? It has only been a few months. You're way off base here.

How do you know that deal is a bad one until the prospects even develop? It has only been a few months. You're way off base here.

It's either one of 2 things.

1. He completely sucks at his job.

2. Him and Theo are running a scam.

Those are the only 2 possibilities.

And since they just asked the yankees for Montero for Mike Friggin Adams, I'm gonna go with 2.

It's either one of 2 things.

1. He completely sucks at his job.

2. Him and Theo are running a scam.

Those are the only 2 possibilities.

And since they just asked the yankees for Montero for Mike Friggin Adams, I'm gonna go with 2.

You didn't even answer my question. Way to dodge it.

Adams is one of the best relievers in baseball and is under contract through next year. They have no need to trade him unless they get a haul. He's their closer once they deal Bell. They will trade him next year I'm sure. That is how small market teams like San Diego have to operate.

You didn't even answer my question. Way to dodge it.

Adams is one of the best relievers in baseball and is under contract through next year. They have no need to trade him unless they get a haul. He's their closer once they deal Bell. They will trade him next year I'm sure. That is how small market teams like San Diego have to operate.

So they ask for a better prospect for a set up man than they got for their 27 year old best player who was making nothing. Makes perfect sense.

So they ask for a better prospect for a set up man than they got for their 27 year old best player who was making nothing. Makes perfect sense.

You're right. The Padres only got 2 top 100 prospects in addition to two other players. All for a guy they couldn't have afforded. And I'd like to see the article that quotes the Padres asked for Montero. Everything I read is that the Padres told Adams they are not dealing him.

He should be punished for not being surrounded by as many stars as Gonzales? Ridiculous.

Most Valuable Player. The Jays are 4th place with or without him. The Sox aren't in first without A Gon. Lots of season left, but voters don't like MVPs on losing teams. That's just reality.

Most Valuable Player. The Jays are 4th place with or without him. The Sox aren't in first without A Gon. Lots of season left, but voters don't like MVPs on losing teams. That's just reality.

That's an excellent point. I was talking about who actually IS the MVP, as opposed to whom the idiot sportswriters will select for reasons other than actual performance.

You're right. The Padres only got 2 top 100 prospects in addition to two other players. All for a guy they couldn't have afforded. And I'd like to see the article that quotes the Padres asked for Montero. Everything I read is that the Padres told Adams they are not dealing him.

Buster_ESPN Buster Olney

Rival evaluator on Anthony Rizzo:"My concern(for SD) is that he is Hee-Seop Choi. Any fastball that starts with a '9' is a problem for him."

Jed Hoyer SUCKS at his job, or he's a scam artist. It's one of those 2 things.

Sabathia or whoever in the Boston FO runs the affinity scams desk.

I0JPX.jpg

Buster_ESPN

Rival evaluator on Anthony Rizzo:"My concern(for SD) is that he is Hee-Seop Choi. Any fastball that starts with a '9' is a problem for him."

Great talent Boston sent SD

Buster_ESPN

Great talent Boston sent SD

Hopefully wasn't the same source who said Youklis would never be close to the same player after his thumb injury.

Prospects are just that-prospects. Some hit and some miss but it is way to early to make a decision on Rizzo based on a couple of months in the majors.

Archived