AL MVP so far?

Baltimore, Texas, Colorodo, Arizona,

These are teams that should have had the opportunity to pick him up.

Seems like this fit was sort of like an Italian Pre-Arranged marriage. It was all but guaranteed once cuzzin Jed got shipped to SD

Padres would not deal Gonzalez inter-division.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Better OPS, OBP, slugging, more home runs...he's the better hitter. The only categories Gonzalez leads him in is RBI's and batting average. And RBI's aren't a great stat anyways.

Derek jeter is the al mvp. Once he got hurt the yankees really took.it to another level. I assume because he is niw coaching behind the scenes.

Jose Bautista

Brad Lidge for Michael Bourne. Oswalt for JA Happ. lopsided trades.

But hey, you want to sound bitter and cry like a baby-go at it.

Happ was a young pitcher who had had actual success in the majors before the trade and Lidge was an aging closer with injury and makeup issues who was making more than Gonzalez was. Those are nowhere near as lopsided.

Edited by madmikeisback

The Brewers went after Bell before grabbing KRod beacause the asking price for them was also too high. Adams price is even higher because he is under control for another year and to be honest, better than Bell.

The Cards also came calling and their top prospects were also asked for. Yank fans need to stop acting like they are the only team being asked to pay for what they want. This week being the deadline week, the prices sometimes go down.

I have also seen no article where Montero has been asked for but I do wonder what the Yank fan feels is a fair price for Bell or Adams keeping in mind both are better than anyone the Yanks have except Mo.

The Brewers went after Bell before grabbing KRod beacause the asking price for them was also too high. Adams price is even higher because he is under control for another year and to be honest, better than Bell.

The Cards also came calling and their top prospects were also asked for. Yank fans need to stop acting like they are the only team being asked to pay for what they want. This week being the deadline week, the prices sometimes go down.

I have also seen no article where Montero has been asked for but I do wonder what the Yank fan feels is a fair price for Bell or Adams keeping in mind both are better than anyone the Yanks have except Mo.

I'll take what Robertson has done in the AL east this year over both of them. A fair price would be a B level prospect like a a Brackman or Slade Heathcott if he wasn't hurt. The idea that they would ask for a top 10 prospect in baseball or even top 50 guys like Betances and Banuelos is absurd.

I'll take what Robertson has done in the AL east this year over both of them. A fair price would be a B level prospect like a a Brackman or Slade Heathcott if he wasn't hurt. The idea that they would ask for a top 10 prospect in baseball or even top 50 guys like Betances and Banuelos is absurd.

Have not seen that anywhere but just the same they can ask for whatever they want and eventual draft picks are better than B level prospects. Robertson is not better either.

Have not seen that anywhere but just the same they can ask for whatever they want and eventual draft picks are better than B level prospects. Robertson is not better either.

Robertson has the best k9 in baseball and a 1.38 ERA in the AL east in a tiny ballpark. He's better. At least this season he is. We'll see what happens when Adams or Bell gets traded for scrap after they tried to hold the yankees up.

Edited by madmikeisback

Robertson has the best k9 in baseball and a 1.38 ERA in the AL east in a tiny ballpark. He's better. At least this season he is. We'll see what happens when Adams or Bell gets traded for scrap after they tried to hold the yankees up.

I like Robertson but your talking nonsense. Adams WHIP is 0.71, his ERA is better and he strikes out a batter a inning. In fact go look at his WHIP since 2008. The AL East is a tougher division but you cannot hold that against Adams.

I know you agree that Robertson's WHIP is troube waiting to happen unless he lowers it.

I like Robertson but your talking nonsense. Adams WHIP is 0.71, his ERA is better and he strikes out a batter a inning. In fact go look at his WHIP since 2008. The AL East is a tougher division but you cannot hold that against Adams.

I know you agree that Robertson's WHIP is troube waiting to happen unless he lowers it.

FIP, WAR, xFIP pretty much any pitching stat besides ERA which is useless because they pitch against different leagues, says Robertson is better. He's been a top 5 RP in baseball this season. Better than Rivera even. His WHIP isn't even that bad and he's been been so dominant in every other aspect. He's giving up 0 homers and 6 runs all season while having the best k9 in baseball. NTM his has the best LOB% in baseball.

Edited by madmikeisback

No more than u.

Precisely. Which is why it is lunacy to make judgements on trades of "stars" for "prospects"

-We don't know what options were

-We don't know the mind of the GM trading the star

-We3 don't know how they ranked prospects, or why they wanted certain prospects over others

-We don't know pressures from ownership

These types of trades don't get real evaluation until several years after the prospects had the time to show what they are truly capable of.

Precisely. Which is why it is lunacy to make judgements on trades of "stars" for "prospects"

-We don't know what options were

-We don't know the mind of the GM trading the star

-We3 don't know how they ranked prospects, or why they wanted certain prospects over others

-We don't know pressures from ownership

These types of trades don't get real evaluation until several years after the prospects had the time to show what they are truly capable of.

I'm not saying I knew any of those things but that doesn't change the fact that either Hoyer is horrible at his job or Boston is running a scam.

I'm not saying I knew any of those things but that doesn't change the fact that either Hoyer is horrible at his job or Boston is running a scam.

The evaluation HAS to take place after one can see what Rizzo and the other prospects turn into. He knows Rizzo (and co.) better than anyone else.

Maybe that is a fault. Or, maybe her really knows something.

Too early to tell

The evaluation HAS to take place after one can see what Rizzo and the other prospects turn into. He knows Rizzo (and co.) better than anyone else.

Maybe that is a fault. Or, maybe her really knows something.

Too early to tell

And after Hoyer gets fired for turning a playoff team into a bottom dwelling joke and goes running back to Theo's arms.

And after Hoyer gets fired for turning a playoff team into a bottom dwelling joke and goes running back to Theo's arms.

Padres were not a playoff team and Hoyer is not in an enviable position. Did you think they could sign Gonzalez?

Let's see the haul that the mets got back from Betran. Granted there are some different aspects

-1. Beltran is an older player and more injury prone

-2. Beltran can not be offered arbitration

But, the situation is not so unlike. Could the Padres waited longer (into the season) and gotten a better deal-probably unlikely.

Padres were not a playoff team and Hoyer is not in an enviable position. Did you think they could sign Gonzalez?

Let's see the haul that the mets got back from Betran. Granted there are some different aspects

-1. Beltran is an older player and more injury prone

-2. Beltran can not be offered arbitration

But, the situation is not so unlike. Could the Padres waited longer (into the season) and gotten a better deal-probably unlikely.

Beltran is a completely different situation. They were a 90 win team and made the playoffs 1 year before he was hired.

Edited by madmikeisback

They were a 90 win competitive team a d he's turned them into the 2nd worst team in the league. Great job Jed.

And what would have holding onto Gonzalez for a little ore time, and then have him leave as a FA solved?

Are you really this naive to the plight of smaller market clubs?

Or re-sign him. Or get a major league player for him.

Why would he want to re-sign in SD? To stay at best mediocre in his career?

Padres don't want major leaguers-they want prospects, with no accrued MLB time. they get to hold on to them longer then.

I really thought you of all people would know more of this stuff

Why would he want to re-sign in SD? To stay at best mediocre in his career?

Padres don't want major leaguers-they want prospects, with no accrued MLB time. they get to hold on to them longer then.

I really thought you of all people would know more of this stuff

Don't try to use reason and logic with this one. Falls on deaf ears.

And what would have holding onto Gonzalez for a little ore time, and then have him leave as a FA solved?

Are you really this naive to the plight of smaller market clubs?

Last year they were in 1st for most of the season in the west....they were in it until the last 3 game series last year

Cuzzin Jed did Cuzzin Theo a solid. Look for Jed to run to Boston once canned in SD

Last year they were in 1st for most of the season in the west....they were in it until the last 3 game series last year

Cuzzin Jed did Cuzzin Theo a solid. Look for Jed to run to Boston once canned in SD

The Mets were in first place for the majority of seasons 3 and 4 years ago too-Odd, I don't feel any sense of accomplishment.

Really, some Yankee fans are sounding like spoiled brats in this thread.

Jone-What trade offer did he have in hand that was better?

Quick, can anyone name even one of the players that Toronto received from the Yankees for impending free agent and reigning Cy Young award winner David Cone?

Cone was making lots of money that year and gonzo wasn't. NTM the Jed/Theo love affair that didn't exist in that situation.

Marty Janzen says hi.

Not all sh*tty trades are created equal. It's possible that the Toronto GM could just suck at his job like Hoyer does but the link between Theo and Hoyer really draws lots of question about the ways Gonzo was steered to Boston. If you don't see that you're a boston homer. (which you are)

Not all sh*tty trades are created equal. It's possible that the Toronto GM could just suck at his job like Hoyer does but the link between Theo and Hoyer really draws lots of question about the ways Gonzo was steered to Boston. If you don't see that you're a boston homer. (which you are)

Most everything that you have said in this thread points to one of your most despised traits (if we are to believe your rants)-someone being a "hater".

You offer no proof. You don't even offer any logic, other than to say that these GM were associated at one time (like half of mlb front offices).

All you are doing is being totally subjective, or in your words. a HATER.

Most everything that you have said in this thread points to one of your most despised traits (if we are to believe your rants)-someone being a "hater".

You offer no proof. You don't even offer any logic, other than to say that these GM were associated at one time (like half of mlb front offices).

All you are doing is being totally subjective, or in your words. a HATER.

The fact that I root against boston doesn't change the fact that a Boston underling went to SD and traded their 28 year old best player making zilch back to his old team for nothing.

The fact that I root against boston doesn't change the fact that a Boston underling went to SD and traded their 28 year old best player making zilch back to his old team for nothing.

That is not a fact, that is an opinion. Clubs trade MLB FA ready players for prospects all the time. Nothing new here.