AL MVP so far?

Matt39

You never would of known that by the uproar when Morneau won the MVP over Jeter a few years back....deservedly so I might add.

Weaver of the Angels looks like the CY Young with C.C. and Verlander fighting for 2nd place.

I think Verlander is virtually tied with Weaver. I would give him a slight nod given his supporting cast.

The Yanks this morning are 1 game behind. With this staff almost need a recount to believe that.

Granderson leads in runs and RBIs, and is tied for the HR lead. He plays a very good centerfield on a team that has had Texeira and Jeter go through slumps and A-rod on the DL for long stretches. No knock on A-Gon or Bautista, but Granderson has to be in the mix.

Edited by Bugg
  • Upvote 1

The Yanks this morning are 1 game behind. With this staff almost need a recount to believe that.

Granderson leads in runs and RBIs, and is tied for the HR lead. He plays a very good centerfield on a team that has had Texeira and Jeter go through slumps and A-rod on the DL for long stretches. No knock on A-Gon or Bautista, but Granderson has to be in the mix.

A mediocre Yankee team is 1 game behind the greatest group of talent in the history of organized sports with about 12 MVP candidates. Shocking really.

I agree. Going to be an interesting vote. There are so many candidates (a lot coming from the AL East) and no one really sticks out this season.

A mediocre Yankee team is 1 game behind the greatest group of talent in the history of organized sports with about 12 MVP candidates. Shocking really.

You're a broken record. The Yankees are obviously not mediocre. The Red Sox are obviously not the greatest group of talent ever assembled (I'm not even sure where you got that from). They are both good teams playing good baseball.

And the Sox only have 3 legitimate MVP candidates. I'd say the Yankees do too.

You're a broken record. The Yankees are obviously not mediocre. The Red Sox are obviously not the greatest group of talent ever assembled (I'm not even sure where you got that from). They are both good teams playing good baseball.

And the Sox only have 3 legitimate MVP candidates. I'd say the Yankees do too.

I've been saying this is a mediocre yankee team since before the season. They have more holes than swiss cheese.

A Yankee fan complaining about holes in their team is pretty sour grapes if you ask me.

What the hell are you talking about? I'm actually willing to be honest about my team which is something that couldn't be more foreign to you since you're pretty much an appendage of the Boston PR department.

Edited by madmikeisback

What the hell are you talking about? I'm actually willing to be honest about my team which is something that couldn't be more foreign to you since you're pretty much an appendage of the Boston PR department.

Please show me a post that I have made about the Red Sox that wasn't honest or based in fact and stats. Go ahead. I'm sure I'll be waiting forever like always.

Please show me a post that I have made about the Red Sox that wasn't honest or based in fact and stats. Go ahead. I'm sure I'll be waiting forever like always.

Can we get some Gamling Forum action on this? I am going over on the "forever" bet.

• 2 weeks later...

Verlander has as much of a shot as the muddy chicken

None whatsoever

I'd argue there is no one player more valuable to their team than Verlander. Their record when he pitches and when doesn't is so startling and without him, they'd be a lot worse off. That's what MVP means to me.

As far as Pedroia, his numbers this year are just as good and eventually better than his MVP season. I don't think he'll get any first place votes, but he might get some other votes.

Verlander will win the CY Young. His season this year hasn't been historically good so I doubt he'll see any votes. Greinke had a better year in 2009 and dint receive any.

This is where you and I won't agree. Just because he's not having a historically great season, doesn't mean he isn't the most valuable player. The guy with the best stats isn't always the most important guy in the league to his team.