T0mShane

Movies We've Seen Thread

Ugh I feel like I have to see Captain Marvel, sucks to hear it was boring. 

1 hour ago, rillo said:

Ugh I feel like I have to see Captain Marvel, sucks to hear it was boring. 

It wasn't Justice League bad, it was just not really good.

• Upvote 2

@RutgersJetFan I know you're a Cinema Buff and enjoy critiquing films, just wondering if you ever watch those idiots at Red Letter Media? They're annoying superdorks but I always get a laugh out of their stuff on youtube. 

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

@RutgersJetFan I know you're a Cinema Buff and enjoy critiquing films, just wondering if you ever watch those idiots at Red Letter Media? They're annoying superdorks but I always get a laugh out of their stuff on youtube. 

I've seen Space Cop. It made me chuckle.

• Haha 1

On 3/14/2019 at 5:58 PM, chirorob said:

It wasn't Justice League bad, it was just not really good.

I thought CM was pretty good for a comic book movie.  Now Aquaman was really bad.

Us is uber violent, suspenseful to the max, and its ending is top notch. It’s not as all-time a film as Get Out, but it doesn’t need to be. I really loved it. Peele knows how to take the little minutiae of a horror scene and bring it to the forefront. A bang on the door isn’t just a scary loud bang for him, it’s almost a physical part of the scene. Very cool to experience.

I also enjoyed the fact that Peele followed up an award winning film that was entirely about race with a movie that has nothing to do with race and is way too gory to get considered for award season, yet it still makes as much of a political statement. Taken together, both make two very different but connected critiques on privilege. Bravo. 👏🏽  

I left the theater liking it a lot, but as I have had time to digest it I find myself digging it more and more. I’m finding it hard to remember another horror movie that carried such a subtle plot also say so much.

4 hours ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

into the spiderverse was awesome. never thought in my mid 30s i would enjoy an animated super hero movie but that was better then most of the movies ive seen this year

It was fabulous.  Really, really good

On 3/22/2019 at 10:58 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

Us is uber violent, suspenseful to the max, and its ending is top notch. It’s not as all-time a film as Get Out, but it doesn’t need to be. I really loved it. Peele knows how to take the little minutiae of a horror scene and bring it to the forefront. A bang on the door isn’t just a scary loud bang for him, it’s almost a physical part of the scene. Very cool to experience.

I also enjoyed the fact that Peele followed up an award winning film that was entirely about race with a movie that has nothing to do with race and is way too gory to get considered for award season, yet it still makes as much of a political statement. Taken together, both make two very different but connected critiques on privilege. Bravo. 👏🏽  

I left the theater liking it a lot, but as I have had time to digest it I find myself digging it more and more. I’m finding it hard to remember another horror movie that carried such a subtle plot also say so much.

Glad to hear it.  Will have to check it out this weekend.

Saw a sneak peak of Shazam! this weekend and wow it was really good and enjoyable.  Definitely left wanting to see it again.  My 6 year old daughter who never has the attention span to sit quietly sat and watched intently. 

• Upvote 1