Movies We've Seen Thread

28 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Did you get to see Kevin's Bacon?

I actually saw him walking down the street in NYC one day. He gave a look like yea I'm Kevin Bacon so what about it. So I returned his nasty look.  Ive run into many celebrities and he was as arrogant as Mel Gibson, another guy who thinks his poop don't stink.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

I actually saw him walking down the street in NYC one day. He gave a look like yea I'm Kevin Bacon so what about it. So I returned his nasty look.  Ive run into many celebrities and he was as arrogant as Mel Gibson, another guy who thinks his poop don't stink.

Oh man, Gibson is my all time favorite actor. I don't doubt he is full of himself. Most millionaire Hollywood movie stars are. He's a great actor and artist imo. Always enjoy his gritty performances. Edge of Darkness, Lethal Weapon 1, Braveheart etc.

48 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Oh man, Gibson is my all time favorite actor. I don't doubt he is full of himself. Most millionaire Hollywood movie stars are. He's a great actor and artist imo. Always enjoy his gritty performances. Edge of Darkness, Lethal Weapon 1, Braveheart etc.

Yea I like him but also saw him and he gave me a dirty look LOL But I surmised he had just left an AA meeting and wasn't in a good mood LOL. He's struggled mightly with addiction. No news to anyone.

4 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Watched the entire four part series last Friday.  Agree that it's well done and Shira Haas is phenomenal in the lead role.  Anyone with a dry eyes during her song is not human.

I cried three times.

I love movies that make me cry. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, PS17 said:

I cried three times.

I love movies that make me cry. 

There are a ton.  One that had/has me in tears was Field of Dreams" when Kevin Costner's character sees his father as young man and asks if he'd like to have a catch.  Sitting here now typing this has me close.  lol

source.gif

41 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Yea I like him but also saw him and he gave me a dirty look LOL But I surmised he had just left an AA meeting and wasn't in a good mood LOL. He's struggled mightly with addiction. No news to anyone.

Ohhh yes. I always likened his craziness and booze to Riggs in LW1. Almost seemed like the real Mel. So where did you see him? in Beverly Hills??

cats might possibly be the worse movie ever made. watched it with the wife last night knowing it was supposed to be horrible. we were planning on goofing on it but i had to tap out after like 20 minutes. complete dog s hit. i cant believe they spent that much on it. idris elba prolly think that was worse then the corona he got

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

cats might possibly be the worse movie ever made. watched it with the wife last night knowing it was supposed to be horrible. we were planning on goofing on it but i had to tap out after like 20 minutes. complete dog s hit. i cant believe they spent that much on it. idris elba prolly think that was worse then the corona he got

I always say that good actors appear in crap heap flicks like Cats so they can buy a Summer house.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Met any more famous actors/ celebs?

Peter Falk, Paul McCartney (so nice - smiled and said hello there. I was in shock. Walter Matthue, Al Pacino, Keith Hernandez, Art Shamsky, Mathew Broderick, and I grew up with my buddy from the hood Luis Guzman.   Just off the top of my head.

7 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Peter Falk, Paul McCartney (so nice - smiled and said hello there. I was in shock. Walter Matthue, Al Pacino, Keith Hernandez, Art Shamsky, Mathew Broderick, and I grew up with my buddy from the hood Luis Guzman.   Just off the top of my head.

Wow. Any convos?

2 hours ago, TNJet said:

Wow. Any convos?

Nah I'm like a dumbstruck fan in awe LOL Oh wait I did meet Gary Oldham and we talked about spirituality.  He was just  a beginner with it but very nice guy.

And I saw him again hanging out with a bunch of people .....one of them was David Bowie. I passed by and said 'Easy Does it'

They both smiled. 

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, munchmemory said:

I always say that good actors appear in crap heap flicks like Cats so they can buy a Summer house.

I was an usher on Broadway and saw Cats like 100 times. Was great the first 3-4 times. After that I was going to bring my dog to the show.

On 3/15/2020 at 2:47 PM, munchmemory said:

My family and I watched this last night.  What a fantastic flick.  And what a gut punch at the end.

But before streaming the movie, I mentioned that "someone on JN" thought Sandler was just being Sandler in a suit rather than gym shorts.  Dude, how in all that is holy do come away from that flick with this belief?  I thought he was a mile away from any of his roles outside of Anger Management.  

I'm not a fan of the majority of Sandler's work.  But he was absolutely incredible in Uncut Gems.  Stunning work. He's in every scene and keeps up the manic energy like a seasoned pro.  I still think Joaquin Phoenix deserved the Oscar.  But wow did Sandler get snubbed.

He was phenomenal.  He knocked that role out the park.  I have friends who know him well and they all say he's a real gem.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

IF BY WORST MOVIE EVER MADE YOU MEAN THE GREATEST THING MANKIND HAS EVER PRODUCED

***disclaimer, copious amounts of marijuana are necessary to enjoy it***

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

So one of my all time favorite baseball movies is the original Angels In The Outfield about the Pirates. It’s a 1951 movie starring Paul Douglas and Janet Leigh. I was channel surfing this afternoon and found it from the start on Turner Classic Movies. So I watched the whole movie. TCM doesn’t usually repeat but sometimes it’s on their app or website. 

I just watched most of It Came From Outer Space on TCM a 1953 sci-fi flick based on a short story by Ray Bradbury starring Richard Carlson and Barbara Rush. Aliens crash in the desert and take over the bodies of earthlings. In a way a poor man’s Invasion Of the Body Snatchers. Except they’re good aliens they just want to fix their ship so they can leave. And they don’t kill anybody?.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

ESPN had Miracle on last night. I probably watched it last at least ten years ago. I was channel surfing and missed the first ten minutes and didn't plan on watching it but I ended up watching the entire movie. It is a no nonsense flick and didn't sidetrack too much from the main theme the hard work and toughness of that team and the drive of Herb Brooks. Herb btw if you don't remember was a player on the 1960 team that last beat the Russians in the Olympics and he was the last player cut. It was a good movie, very good acting esp Kurt Russell 

12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I watched 13 Assassins again last night and that movie is just so ******* amazing. It’s in Japanese with subtitles, but so, so good. I also bought Blade of the Immortal and will watch that this weekend. 

I liked 14 assassins better, more assassiny

• Haha 3

I’m a fan of the original Red Dawn. Tonight I watched most of the remake of Red Dawn made in 2012 about the North Koreans invading the western states of the US and a bunch of teens in Spokane Wash battling them. It reminded me of a recent movie I saw Alien Invasion which wasn’t about our earthly enemies it was about aliens but they were just as bad. I liked the first Red Dawn made in the 80’s a lot more. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Uncut Gems is the most nerve-racking flick I have ever seen. I watched it before bed and what the **** why did I do that. Just 2 straight hours of the Helicopter sequence from Goodfellas.

And how about the gut punch at the end?  Left me shocked and shaken.

I'm not a fan of Sandler.  But what a performance.  Fantastic work and flick.

On 5/23/2020 at 10:33 AM, Rangers9 said:

ESPN had Miracle on last night. I probably watched it last at least ten years ago. I was channel surfing and missed the first ten minutes and didn't plan on watching it but I ended up watching the entire movie. It is a no nonsense flick and didn't sidetrack too much from the main theme the hard work and toughness of that team and the drive of Herb Brooks. Herb btw if you don't remember was a player on the 1960 team that last beat the Russians in the Olympics and he was the last player cut. It was a good movie, very good acting esp Kurt Russell 

AGAIN 

On 5/27/2020 at 8:33 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

Uncut Gems is the most nerve-racking flick I have ever seen. I watched it before bed and what the **** why did I do that. Just 2 straight hours of the Helicopter sequence from Goodfellas.

My wife and I watched it the other night, and both of us had the same reaction. 

She says, "And this is why I don't want to move to Long Island to be closer to your family."

I was, like, "Yea, nothing like 2 straight hours of non-stop yelling and bickering to remind me why I moved."

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/23/2020 at 11:12 AM, T0mShane said:

I watched 13 Assassins again last night and that movie is just so ******* amazing. It’s in Japanese with subtitles, but so, so good. I also bought Blade of the Immortal and will watch that this weekend. 

Blade of the Immortal was based on a manga series and included a bunch of cheeseball comic book sh*t that was corny af. Lots of beautiful shots and interesting performances, but ultimately gets bogged down by cartoonish sidebar stuff. Think Deadpool but as a samurai, but not intended to be funny

Here is why I have a lot of hope for the Snyder cut of Justice League:

300 is awesome. And still awesome. 

Director's Cut of Watchmen is awesome and has aged incredibly well. 

Ultimate Edition of BvS is awesome. I'm sorry but it is. 

Full disclosure I'm also a huge Man of Steel fan, but IMO when Snyder gets to just release the actual ******* movie he was trying to make, he actually puts out some great stuff.

• Upvote 2