Movies We've Seen Thread

I have no idea where it ranks in the pantheon, all I know is that it's impossible to make a better movie than that. The whole thing is really something else. As far as a story arc goes, the best way I can describe it is paced. It's an incredibly elaborate plot that rounds out the entire trilogy like you'd never expect. It's Bale's best performance of the series and personally I think Oldman steals the show. Nolan wrote an internal struggle that Gordon's been dealing with that winds up putting the third act of The Dark Knight in an entirely different light.

I was already expecting awesome, but I was certainly not expecting a story that good. Nolan's done what everyone assumed could probably never happen in the past, he's made a comic book movie that will probably win Best Picture.

Im no fanboy of batman, but should I watch the first two movies before going to see this so I understand the story?

Im no fanboy of batman, but should I watch the first two movies before going to see this so I understand the story?

Yes. Absolutely. There are too many things that go along with this movie, particularly with Commisioner Gordon and Bane, to fully appreciate and follow unless you've seen them. You may be able to piece some things together, but the legacy of Harvey Dent is still the central theme of this movie and that all goes back to the first two movies.

Also Heath Ledger's Joker is by far the best performance of the trilogy. You're only cheating yourself by not catching it.

EDIT: I'll just add that all of this only holds up if you're an pretentious, anal retentive, jerk-moviegoer like myself and need to know every underlying theme and subplot, and will systematically deconstruct every story point that doesn't make sense. If you're one of those regular people that can actually go and just enjoy a movie, you'll be fine.

Edited by RutgersJetFan

Saw the Dark Knight today, and it pleased me. I'd like to see it again, too. Catch what I missed. I don't catch all of Batman's gravely lines the first time.

How did Catwoman learn to ride the Batbike so quickly? That thing looks like it takes a little practice.

ha.. now i know what all the commotion was about.. Took the kids to see Ice Age 3, was a pos, but was wondering what the crowds were about.. DIdn't realize how far outside of pop culture I was. Had no idea this was even coming out

Saw TDKR last nite..

manager at theater said #s were down due to shooting. Said theres a malaise out there right now..My wife was iffy about going, but we ended up going.

Maybe slight drag in middle, but well written and paced flick. The ladies were great, Marion Cotillard and Anne Hathaway. Joseph Gordon-Levitt has what I think it takes going forward. My only complaint was I had slight issues understanding the mumblings of the evil dude Bain thru his mouthpiece.

No spoilers here, but I loved the ending to this arc and beginning of next arc.

Edited by SouthernJet

Fright Night remake is worth the watch. Good cast. Farrell really isn't a bad actor anymore, is he? Was he ever? Plus Alpha Dog is cutting a nice career out for himself as well.

Just recoreded that last night -- thanks for the mini review -- Loved the 1st one

Just recoreded that last night -- thanks for the mini review -- Loved the 1st one

No problem. That Yelich kid is going to be a top tier actor one of these years. I always seem to find him playing a solid role in well done movies with strong casts. Charlie Bartlett is a really good watch that somehow managed to sneak Kat Dennings giant t!ts AND RDJ in.

Edited by SenorGato

No problem. That Yelich kid is going to be a top tier actor one of these years. I always seem to find him playing a solid role in well done movies with strong casts. Charlie Bartlett is a really good watch that somehow managed to sneak Kat Dennings giant t!ts AND RDJ in.

Yelchin was awesome in The Beaver.

Yelchin was awesome in The Beaver.

Yet another well done movie with a very strong cast and an interesting story. The guy's been really good in pretty much everything I've seen him in going back to Alpha Dog.

He'll be in this movie Odd Thomas next year with Dafoe, Patton Oswalt, and Addison Timlin (a top 3 Califonication girl). Yet another strong cast/cool story combo. That's not even the big money one, as there's still that whole Star Trek thing.

It's kind of pathetic how awesome I think Kevin Costner is. The Postman is such a pile of sh*t by any measure and I still enjoy the hell out of it.

Costner is the definition of a movie star. Not a great actor by any stretch, but crazy screen presence. I'll watch Tin Cup every time it's on, and I hate golf.

Costner is the definition of a movie star. Not a great actor by any stretch, but crazy screen presence. I'll watch Tin Cup every time it's on, and I hate golf.

I own the iTunes version of For Love of the Game. The iTunes version dude. That means I've traveled with it in my bag on my iPad. This is the shame I live with.

Edited by RutgersJetFan

I own the iTunes version of For Love of the Game. The iTunes version dude. That means I've traveled with it in my bag on my iPad. This is the shame I live with.

Even Waterworld is watchable, if only for Hopper's crazy performance.