Movies We've Seen Thread

On August 4, 2016 at 2:08 PM, Klecko73isGod said:

Really? How many times you see Batman shoot somebody in the comic books?

Lots, actually. Dark Knight Returns, The Cult, Year Two, Final Crisis, Cosmic Odyssey, and a whole bunch of Silver Age books too. Keaton also shot right at Nicholson and his henchmen in Burton's movies. Guns were on all the batstuff in Nolan's movies as well.

On August 4, 2016 at 1:54 PM, Klecko73isGod said:

I would have loved Batman vs. Superman if Zach Snyder had bothered to read a single issue of Batman prior to making it. 

There are several lines and scenes in the movie that are taken literally verbatim from the books. Several shots are taken directly from Miller's panels in TDKR, as is the costume itself. Nolan's Batman is the best, but in stylistic and visual terms, if you were to aggregate all of the best comic book Batmans into one for interpretation (Miller, Adams, Morrison...etc), Snyder's Batman is the truest to that form and it's really not even close in that regard. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Director's Cut will probably be great. Version WB put out is a sh*t sandwich. Enchantress has more screen time than the Joker. That sums it up pretty well. 

Joker wasn't part of the squad. 

19 minutes ago, rillo said:

Joker wasn't part of the squad. 

And yet they still originally had him in the movie for double the time than he was in this version.

Actually now that I think about it, I'm not sure if Ayer gets a director's cut it's going to do anything from saving the flick from that horrible ending. More cliche bullsh*t. She's gonna take over the world! ******* stab me and end this please.

2 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

I heard bad things about Leto. 

I don't see what people even would have to critique him by considering he's on screen for like 7 minutes and the story has almost nothing to do with him. By all appearances it's a good kingpin version of The Joker that we've seen in a ton of books but who knows, hard to even tell where they're going with it.

9 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

And yet they still originally had him in the movie for double the time than he was in this version.

Actually now that I think about it, I'm not sure if Ayer gets a director's cut it's going to do anything from saving the flick from that horrible ending. More cliche bullsh*t.

I hope there is a directors cut, there some scenes that were left out from the marketing campaign. It wasn't the best but I thought it was better than what the critics were saying and better than X-Men Apocalypse 

4 minutes ago, rillo said:

I hope there is a directors cut, there some science that were left out from the marketing campaign. I wasn't the best but I thought it was better than what the critics were saying and better than X-Men Apocalypse 

I'm going to see SS tonight, but X-Men Apocalypse was so bad.   Just, crap.   Most of the movies this summer have been mediocre at best.

6 minutes ago, rillo said:

I hope there is a directors cut, there some science that were left out from the marketing campaign. I wasn't the best but I thought it was better than what the critics were saying and better than X-Men Apocalypse 

The critics were spot on. It's horrendously edited, choppy, and the story is bad. Like really bad. I don't think anyone is expecting Coppola here, but a coherent plot and something on screen that portrays what they marketed isn't too much to ask. Centering everything around The Enchantress was just about the dumbest ******* decision they could make. Who gives a donkey's dick about the Enchantress? You've got Harley Quinn, Deadshot, and The Joker, and we're getting nonstop Enchantress? And that scene where she's revealing her evil plan for the world, give me a ******* break.

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

The critics were spot on. It's horrendously edited, choppy, and the story is bad. Like really bad. I don't think anyone is expecting Coppola here, but a coherent plot and something on screen that portrays what they marketed isn't too much to ask. Centering everything around The Enchantress was just about the dumbest ******* decision they could make. Who gives a

2 minutes ago, chirorob said:

I'm going to see SS tonight, but X-Men Apocalypse was so bad.   Just, crap.   Most of the movies this summer have been mediocre at best.

The best comic movie this year was a flick nobody wanted (Deadpool, though BvS Ultimate Edition is dope). And the best movies this year have been low budget scifi and horror flicks with good casts (Midnight Special, 10 Cloverfield, Green Room). The problem is so long as the cliche franchise movies make a ton of money, which they do, this is what we're going to get.

10 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The critics were spot on. It's horrendously edited, choppy, and the story is bad. Like really bad. I don't think anyone is expecting Coppola here, but a coherent plot and something on screen that portrays what they marketed isn't too much to ask. Centering everything around The Enchantress was just about the dumbest ******* decision they could make. Who gives a donkey's dick about the Enchantress? You've got Harley Quinn, Deadshot, and The Joker, and we're getting nonstop Enchantress? And that scene where she's revealing her evil plan for the world, give me a ******* break.

Enchantress is a just the means to an end.  Waller is the villian, she lures the squad to save her ass and basically says eff it, if you all die, you die.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The best comic movie this year was a flick nobody wanted (Deadpool, though BvS Ultimate Edition is dope). And the best movies this year have been low budget scifi and horror flicks with good casts (Midnight Special, 10 Cloverfield, Green Room). The problem is so long as the cliche franchise movies make a ton of money, which they do, this is what we're going to get.

What did you think of Civil War? I thought they did a good job of shoehorning that story into the MCU and they finally seem to be getting Spiderman right (which, as a Spidey guy is very important to me.)

14 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The critics were spot on. It's horrendously edited, choppy, and the story is bad. Like really bad. I don't think anyone is expecting Coppola here, but a coherent plot and something on screen that portrays what they marketed isn't too much to ask. Centering everything around The Enchantress was just about the dumbest ******* decision they could make. Who gives a donkey's dick about the Enchantress? You've got Harley Quinn, Deadshot, and The Joker, and we're getting nonstop Enchantress? And that scene where she's revealing her evil plan for the world, give me a ******* brea

Funny, because I thought the movie was a huge deadshot, Harley love fest .  Which i understand, but Enchantress was more of a distraction from Waller's plan I thought. Agree to disagree works here 

5 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

She's the means to a sh*t movie.

Agree to disagree, the movie is not as bad as being portrayed.  Box office drop off wont be as bad as BvS either.  B+ Cinemascore and over 70% audience like indicates movie goers enjoyed the film.

7 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

What did you think of Civil War? I thought they did a good job of shoehorning that story into the MCU and they finally seem to be getting Spiderman right (which, as a Spidey guy is very important to me.)

Loved Civil War, I'm just starting to get a little tired of the Marvel flicks, but I make exceptions for the Cap movies because they are so great. For me I think the Netflix shows are the best stuff they have done.

2 minutes ago, gqxluvx said:

Agree to disagree, the movie is not as bad as being portrayed.  Box office drop off wont be as bad as BvS either.  B+ Cinemascore and over 70% audience like indicates movie goers enjoyed the film.

70% of movie goers liked Scary Movie 5, and they paid to go see it. People don't know sh*t.

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Loved Civil War, I'm just starting to get a little tired of the Marvel flicks, but I make exceptions for the Cap flicks because they are so great. For me I think the Netflix shows are the best stuff they have done.

Agree on the Netflix stuff. I am stoked for Luke Cage. 

Also very interested in seeing how they work the Planet Hulk angle in the next Thor movie. That has the potential to be awesome. 

Loved Civil War, I'm just starting to get a little tired of the Marvel flicks, but I make exceptions for the Cap flicks because they are so great. For me I think the Netflix shows are the best stuff they have done.

Really want DC to succeed with the movies, because the Marvel stuff is getting a lil played. Agree here with the Netflix marvel shows they have been awesome 

7 minutes ago, rillo said:

Funny, because I thought the movie was a huge deadshot, Harley love fest .  Which i understand, but Enchantress was more of a distraction from Waller's plan I thought. 

I came away thinking they should have just made a Harley solo flick anyways instead of this. She was one of the only things worth watching anyways. I also came away solidly convinced that I would last approximately 13.2 seconds in bed with her.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I came away thinking they should have just made a Harley solo flick anyways instead of this. She was one of the only things worth watching anyways. I also came away solidly convinced that I would last approximately 13.2 seconds in bed with her.

Idk, I think a Harley solo film would be bad. Although they did allude to her killing Robin in the movie, so let's see where they take it. 

3 minutes ago, rillo said:

Really want DC to succeed with the movies, because the Marvel stuff is getting a lil played. Agree here with the Netflix marvel shows they have been awesome 

DC movies are always going to be made no matter what. Batman and Superman are too valuable as properties. But this sh*t that Warners keeps doing with chopping up the final products needs to end. Have some balls for christ's sake.

6 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Yes. That's exactly what I mean.

I figured, thought I would ask.

5 minutes ago, rillo said:

Idk, I think a Harley solo film would be bad. Although they did allude to her killing Robin in the movie, so let's see where they take it. 

I am not sure, she was really good in SS and she has a cult like following.  That movie would kill at the BO.  She took the blame for killing Robin, but Ayer confirmed it was Joker who did it.  Batman punched his teeth out and that explains the Jokers grill.

DC movies are always going to be made no matter what. Batman and Superman are too valuable as properties. But this sh*t that Warners keeps doing with chopping up the final products needs to end. Have some balls for christ's sake.

This is why Johns was elevated to oversee the tv and film universe.  All the outlets are saying we will not see that oversight until WW (I am skeptical to be honest) but we shall see.  Patty Jenkins brought Johns on board to help write the file so we will see I guess

8 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Agree on the Netflix stuff. I am stoked for Luke Cage. 

Also very interested in seeing how they work the Planet Hulk angle in the next Thor movie. That has the potential to be awesome. 

Me too. I'm hoping they'll have him beat all the writers of Thor: The Dark World to death with one of those swinging ball things.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, rillo said:

You're way off, she has a huge following. Anything solo they've done for her in the comics world has been a huge hit and really good. She's the best character DC has created in the last quarter century and it's not even close.

2 minutes ago, gqxluvx said:

I am not sure, she was really good in SS and she has a cult like following.  That movie would kill at the BO.  She took the blame for killing Robin, but Ayer confirmed it was Joker who did it.  Batman punched his teeth out and that explains the Jokers grill.

How the hell did I miss this? Something to look forward to when it's released on Blu-ray 

4 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Me too. I'm hoping they'll have him beat all the writers of Thor: The Dark World to death with one of those swinging ball things.

HAHA. 

The Thor movies have been the worst of all the MCU movies. The Dark World was a special kind of bad. That movie is essentially pointless.