Movies We've Seen Thread

4 minutes ago, gqxluvx said:

This is why Johns was elevated to oversee the tv and film universe.  All the outlets are saying we will not see that oversight until WW (I am skeptical to be honest) but we shall see.  Patty Jenkins brought Johns on board to help write the file so we will see I guess

Justice League is going to be predictable and that's understandable and fine. They need to clear a billion with that one. But they have a lot of places to go with The Flash and GL Corps. Really no excuses for the same cliche bullsh*t that every single other studio puts out time and time again.

And you know what really grinds my gears? I have to sit here and complain about this sh*t and I still have no Dredd sequel.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

HAHA. 

The Thor movies have been the worst of all the MCU movies. The Dark World was a special kind of bad. That movie is essentially pointless. 

Most of them have been pretty bad. The 2nd and 3rd Iron Man movies, both Thor movies, Avengers 2, and don't even get me started on Ant-Man. At this point if it's not Guardians or a Cap flick I feel like I'm going in there just to go through the motions and keep up with the story.

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Most of them have been pretty bad. The 2nd and 3rd Iron Man movies, both Thor movies, Avengers 2, and don't even get me started on Ant-Man. At this point if it's not Guardians or a Cap flick I feel like I'm going in there just to go through the motions and keep up with the story.

Damn, what was wrong with ant-man? LOL 

2 hours ago, Klecko73isGod said:

What did you think of Civil War? I thought they did a good job of shoehorning that story into the MCU and they finally seem to be getting Spiderman right (which, as a Spidey guy is very important to me.)

That one was really good.

2 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I liked Ant Man.   Thor 2 was really bad, although I find it funny that the main villian was a former Dr. Who.

Best casting was in Guardians, where Ronan was the Pie Maker (Ned) from Pushing Daisies (I really liked that show)

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, chirorob said:

I liked Ant Man.   Thor 2 was really bad, although I find it funny that the main villian was a former Dr. Who.

Best casting was in Guardians, where Ronan was the Pie Maker (Ned) from Pushing Daisies (I really liked that show)

I think the Cap movies have done everything the best. Evans obviously but also Stan as Bucky.

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

Saw Suicide Squad last night.

How is an action movie, with all those people, boring in parts?  Just kind of cut up weird, for all the stuff about Leto's Joker, he was in it for like, 2 minutes.  Just, meh.

The movie is definitely flawed.  But it was fun and entertaining for sure.  Not boring by any means.  Some of the complaints are ridiculous.  People complaining about Leto's Joker, can he have more than 5 mins of screen time before we can conclude if he sucks or not?  I have heard complaints the movie is sexist and racist, like seriously?  It is amazing what some of these "critics" choose to complain about.

18 hours ago, gqxluvx said:

The movie is definitely flawed.  But it was fun and entertaining for sure.  Not boring by any means.  Some of the complaints are ridiculous.  People complaining about Leto's Joker, can he have more than 5 mins of screen time before we can conclude if he sucks or not?  I have heard complaints the movie is sexist and racist, like seriously?  It is amazing what some of these "critics" choose to complain about.

I liked his Joker, just wasn't on screen much.  I was surprised how much dialogue from the trailers was not in the movie.   Harley's shorts were really short, but really, she did full frontal for like, half, of the Wolf of Wall Street.   I don't even know what would be racist. 

To me, there were parts that def. had lulls in them, that I thought were kind of boring.  I'll take my kid to see it this weekend, I got my $7 bucks worth out of it.

21 hours ago, gqxluvx said:

my daughter and her 16 year old friends said it had no plot but was fun.  This includes the girl who wasn't sure where the pacific ocean is.  Ouch

• Upvote 1

Just saw Train to Busan, because I love zombie flicks. I thought this was pretty good, but there's nothing really new here, which is a drag. Asian horror flicks generally have no concerns about human dignity, so they avoid shmaltz, but this film had a few moments of people-in-their-feels and rancid moralizing. 

18 hours ago, Larz said:

saw star trek beyond today, overall liked it.  some corny, some cliche, some plot holes, but overall gave you what you came for, action, laughs and a story. sets up another 3 movies.

cool - I really like the way they've done this remake!

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Larz said:

saw star trek beyond today, overall liked it.  some corny, some cliche, some plot holes, but overall gave you what you came for, action, laughs and a story. sets up another 3 movies.

I want to watch it, did you catch it in the theatres? 

I watched Everest on HBO last night.  Somewhat entertaining.  Is it wrong that I didnt feel bad for those people?  Nobody is forcing you to climb one of the largest mountains in the world and purposefully take on all that danger.

It's like if I get eaten by a shark or drown surfing.  Those are risks I'm willing to take and I dont want anyone to feel sorry for me if it happens.  Unfortunate, sure.  Travesty, far from it. 

On 8/17/2016 at 8:04 AM, JiF said:

I watched Everest on HBO last night.  Somewhat entertaining.  Is it wrong that I didnt feel bad for those people?  Nobody is forcing you to climb one of the largest mountains in the world and purposefully take on all that danger.

It's like if I get eaten by a shark or drown surfing.  Those are risks I'm willing to take and I dont want anyone to feel sorry for me if it happens.  Unfortunate, sure.  Travesty, far from it. 

Finally saw Suicide Squad and I thought it was fun and entertaining.  I just really dont get the backlash to these movies and I know I've said it before but wtf do people expect. The stories are ridiculous to begin with but then they expect the big screen to be some Godfather type sh*t?  lol

I mean, there have been bad ones but this wasnt that.  Yes, I agree the Enchantress stuff was too much and a bit cheesy but otherwise, it was fun.

Letto killed it.  They HAVE to bring that back.  That IMO was the best Joker we've ever seen.  And I personally think it was just the right amount because he was so damn good, if you had him on the screen more...it would have just made it a Joker/Quinn love story.  Which leads me to Harley.  

Harley was spot on.  Just an amazing job.  She was fun and crazy and the chemistry her and Letto had was phenomenal.  That really needs to be its own spin off.  That sh*t was top notch.  The scene with Common in the Night Club, come on...that was great! 

Deadshot was a badass.  A couple of cheesy lines that didnt register...but I thought Smith did a solid job of portraying him accurately.  

The rest werent main parts but I enjoyed what they provided.  The only disrespect to Slipknot who's a fun character that was short lived.

Was it a little choppy?  Sure...but overall, I never felt like it was confusing or losing direction.  Seemed pretty straight forward to me.

The only gripe I have and I think DC could fix this by just kind of backtracking the story lines a little bit but I think all those villains are solid and could fully be a focal point villain of any of the Justice League members they're introducing.  So I think it was a bit of a missed opportunity to intro these villains through the other heroes...but at the same time, this was a first of its kind and IMO was a fun movie. 

That and how many times do we have to see a villain creating a machine thingy that is like a portal to destroying the world?  

Other than that, it was fun and worth the money and time spent. 

so I caught brooklyn an d trainspotting ovet the weekend.  brooklyn was refreshing that is wasn't the typical love story with a tragic or happy ending, it was a pretty stark and sober look at a person making a tough choice for selfish reasons.  Its weird when the protagonist isn't really likeable.  we are trained so much to care for the main characters, but she was tough to like, lol

trainspotting was really cool.  another movie that avoided the cliche ending, and had to love the nod to a clockwork orange.  the baby scene made me legit squirm