Movies We've Seen Thread

Erica Eleniak and cake. What could go wrong?

Dude, no lie, that was the first time I'd ever been watching a movie where I experienced the awkwardness of nudity coming on when you're with your parents. Remember it like it was yesterday. I was like 12 and my dad took me out for a dude's day. We grab some burgers, a little Seagal at the theater, and all of a sudden Eleniak pops out of the cake.

Dude, no lie, that was the first time I'd ever been watching a movie where I experienced the awkwardness of nudity coming on when you're with your parents. Remember it like it was yesterday. I was like 12 and my dad took me out for a dude's day. We grab some burgers, a little Seagal at the theater, and all of a sudden Eleniak pops out of the cake.

Sounds to me that's not the only thing that popped out. OH!!!!

Cabin in the Woods was ****ing awesome.

Juan of the Dead was better than I thought it would be.

Still looking to see Rec 3 because my Spanish could not keep up with the version I got a couple of weeks ago.

Prometheus 2 is a good possibility.

The good looking Gemma Arterton is going to be in a vampire movie called Byzantium. Neil Jordan is a solid director for an old school vampire movie where they don't play baseball.

Piranha 3DD is ggaaaaaarrrrrbaaaaage and this is from someone who owns a copy of the first one.

The Innkeepers is a good watch.

Strippers vs Werewolves was fun.

Probably Battle Royale next.

So I have officially seen every Godzilla movie or production ever made after seeing Ghidrah, the Three Headed Monster.

Boy was I balling when little Mothra just wanted Godzilla and Rodan to set aside their differences and fight to save the earth. It's a good thing they eventually came through too (sorry for the spoiler!)! Thanks to Mothra's bravery humanity went on to survive another day.

I don't know how I only just saw this one either. It's the 5th one ever made and one of the best.

Edited by SenorGato

So I have officially seen every Godzilla movie or production ever made after seeing Ghidrah, the Three Headed Monster.

Boy was I balling when little Mothra just wanted Godzilla and Rodan to set aside their differences and fight to save the earth. It's a good thing they eventually came through too (sorry for the spoiler!)! Thanks to Mothra's bravery humanity went on to survive another day.

I don't know how I only just saw this one either. It's the 5th one ever made and one of the best.

did you like final wars ?

Cosmopolis getting a lot of mehs. Oh well, Cronenberg was due for a dud I guess. His last letdown was probably in the 90's or something. M.Butterfly I distinctly remember sucking. I'll be waiting till it hits iTunes to give it a go. Looks like I'll be searching for someone showing that new Langella flick instead.

On another note, caught a drunk, midnight showing of Spaceballs on the big screen last week. Nothing beats a Mel Brooks crowd.

did you like final wars ?

No, but the suit was cool and some of these monsters (Mothra, Gigan) seem to like the 21st century. There were cool things about the movie for sure but overall it just tried too hard. Sucks that they couldn't better utilize the Destroy All Monsters plot again because it's a great idea.

Have you liked any of the millennium series? Besides the first and last of the movies released after Destroyah from Toho, they have not been too bad. Giant All Out Monsters Attack was really solid and the suit stacks with any they've used except the Mothra/Ghidrah 60's ones and the Biollante one.

Anyone remember that brontosaurus flick from the 80's called Baby? It's on right now, haven't seen this in 20 years at least. I was obsessed with this sh*t when I was a kid and it does not hold up well at all. I never realized the baby brontosaurus was a dude in a paper mache suit.

I do remember this movie. I saw it once probably close to 20 years ago as well, never heard the title of the movie, and found out a decade later what it was called. This is from back when this was even a possibility to just not know.

Weak on the suit.

I've been thinking they should make a Loch Ness version of this movie with a Hollywood budget.

Edited by SenorGato

"The Hunger Games" was okay. But basically you're being set up for at least 2 more movies.

Heard an interview with DOnald Sutherland on his PR tour for this. He explained that for "Animal House" he was offered either a flat fee of $10,000,or percentage of the gross box office receipts, since the studio didn't think the movie would do much business. He took the $10,000 and has kicked himself every day since.

Edited by Bugg

I'm just gonna reinforce this. If you still haven't seen Raid: Redemption, stop being a prick.

Watched this the other night -- Great Kick ass flick from begining to end.

Watched Tower Heist last night -- Ok way to spend a couple of hours with nothing to do.