Movies We've Seen Thread

Saw "The Arrival".  I liked it quite a bit.

Watched an oldie, "The Big Chill"   I still love that movie.  I loved it when I was younger, and I love it now, thinking of how I miss all my old college friends, how tight we all were, and how I moved away.  Plus, an all time sound track

On 11/14/2016 at 10:09 PM, JohnJ said:

Spot on, 'cool'. Haven't watched the Hustler in years. Watched it several times tho. Always thought it was a Classic/Masterpiece. Have it saved on NF and have to get around to it.

Paul Newman may be my favorite, he's up there anyway. Cool Hand Luke, Hombre, Harper....dude was great

Hustler is one of the best sports movies ever that and Pride of the Yankees with Gary Cooper.

On 11/16/2016 at 10:24 AM, SenorGato said:

I hear you, the entire threatre around me said it sucked ass. Personally I liked it with a lean towards indifference, did not feel it competes with a District 9 or Interstellar as a truly great movie like the hype.

Hollywood really loves the whole cephalopods as aliens thing THO....Kang and Kodos....Europa Report....Arrival...

Has anyone figured out what Forrest Whitaker's accent was supposed to be?

19 minutes ago, jetophile said:

"Tourist Trap", I love this flick. Why? It's terrible. Terribly great. Underrated as to its terrible greatness. Tanya Roberts in a tube top that never falls off and Chuck Connors in an Abe Lincoln wax mask get up. It's  half The Abominable Dr. Phibes, half Texas CSM.  How can you go wrong? Oh, and I felt moved to watch an art house film, because I'm a stuck up bitch: "The House by the Cemetery".

Sorry, vid wouldn't stick, in case there's a ton of edits.

so I saw BVS against my better judgment, I hated the whole idea of it.  I noticed going in that the rotten tomatoes rating was really low

I was actually kinda almost sorta pleasantly surprised.  

the negatives were the facebook kid tried to play LL like the joker.  He was so terrible.  Also didn't like Amy Adams at all, and I like her, I have a crush on her but she also was just so bad.  Gal Gadot is a uber hottie but when she was fighting the big ugly thing I thought they made her too powerful, not really in line with her character

the positives were the bat toys were super cool, man they really nailed the bat mobile and the scene where SM walks into the hearing like a boss in his suit with the cape and was iconic, that guy was born to play superman.

so the ending, I'm guessing we get a no so nice version on SM in the next movies ?

On December 10, 2016 at 8:37 PM, Larz said:

so I saw BVS against my better judgment, I hated the whole idea of it.  I noticed going in that the rotten tomatoes rating was really low

I was actually kinda almost sorta pleasantly surprised.  

the negatives were the facebook kid tried to play LL like the joker.  He was so terrible.  Also didn't like Amy Adams at all, and I like her, I have a crush on her but she also was just so bad.  Gal Gadot is a uber hottie but when she was fighting the big ugly thing I thought they made her too powerful, not really in line with her character

the positives were the bat toys were super cool, man they really nailed the bat mobile and the scene where SM walks into the hearing like a boss in his suit with the cape and was iconic, that guy was born to play superman.

so the ending, I'm guessing we get a no so nice version on SM in the next movies ?

She was playing ******* Wonder Woman lol. She's basically Xena times a billion and one.

You think Gal Gadot would maybe want to be my girlfriend?

Finally watched Batmsn v Supe.

Blah.

Eisenberg sucks. Cliche psycho portrayal of Lex killed movie. Don't need more Jokers and Riddler types. Was hoping for more of a Kevin Soacey in Housd of Cards type of bad guy. Affleck was meh. They took the edge off of Supe that made the character refreshing in Man of Steel.

Best part was Wonder Woman joining fray vs Doomsday. It was otherwise uninteresting. Shame too, I had an open mind going in.

Bruce Wayne walks toward exploding debris in beginning and ends up barely dusty. Ignoring details like that makes for a lot of eye rolls. Also, the completely unnecessary dream sequences and another variation on the Wayne's getting shot... yawn.

Worst part was premise that Batman calls off his assault because their moms have same name. I mean sh*t.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Office Christmas Party was a fun waste of 2 hours. The HR lady (famous for SNL) was hilarious. I bet the blooper reel is going to be awesome.  

Movie sucked.  TJ Miller is funny but he just didn't have enough to do and the script just didn't have it.  Olivia Munn is gorgeous as always and saved it from being a total borefest.

It's a lame wannabe Hangover.  Tom Hanks' movie from the 80's Bachelor Party was more entertaining.

• Upvote 1

On 12/12/2016 at 10:25 PM, Integrity28 said:

Finally watched Batmsn v Supe.

Blah.

Eisenberg sucks. Cliche psycho portrayal of Lex killed movie. Don't need more Jokers and Riddler types. Was hoping for more of a Kevin Soacey in Housd of Cards type of bad guy. Affleck was meh. They took the edge off of Supe that made the character refreshing in Man of Steel.

Best part was Wonder Woman joining fray vs Doomsday. It was otherwise uninteresting. Shame too, I had an open mind going in.

Bruce Wayne walks toward exploding debris in beginning and ends up barely dusty. Ignoring details like that makes for a lot of eye rolls. Also, the completely unnecessary dream sequences and another variation on the Wayne's getting shot... yawn.

Worst part was premise that Batman calls off his assault because their moms have same name. I mean sh*t.

Did you watch the extended version or the regular version?  Regular version sucked while the extended version was really good.

Just now, peebag said:

Did you watch the extended version or the regular version?  Regular version sucked while the extended version was really good.

Extended. It was just unimpressive. Glad I watched it, super hero movies are like pizza... even a bad slice is still pizza, and that's better than a salad. Or something like that... 

13 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Movie sucked.  TJ Miller is funny but he just didn't have enough to do and the script just didn't have it.  Olivia Munn is gorgeous as always and saved it from being a total borefest.

It's a lame wannabe Hangover.  Tom Hanks' movie from the 80's Bachelor Party was more entertaining.

Ok. Except this had nothing to do with bachelor parties like the hangover or whatever '80s movie you're referencing. Also, I found it funny. But other than that, ok. 

So last year when Episode VII came out I thought I'd start a tradition where I watch all 6 (now 7) movies in the week leading up to the upcoming one. Even with these anthology flicks. This is the second time I'm trying and I don't think I'm going to be able to keep this up. The prequels are so terrible. Revenge of the Sith is fine, but I and II are unbearably bad. The CG hasn't held up at all and Hayden Christiensen makes me want to watch the sh*t on mute.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Ok. Except this had nothing to do with bachelor parties like the hangover or whatever '80s movie you're referencing. Also, I found it funny. But other than that, ok. 

It's all alcohol humor.  

The keep casting the same dozen actors from SNL and Apatow's crew to be in those movies but there's no script

17 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

So last year when Episode VII came out I thought I'd start a tradition where I watch all 6 (now 7) movies in the week leading up to the upcoming one. Even with these anthology flicks. This is the second time I'm trying and I don't think I'm going to be able to keep this up. The prequels are so terrible. Revenge of the Sith is fine, but I and II are unbearably bad. The CG hasn't held up at all and Hayden Christiensen makes me want to watch the sh*t on mute.

Hayden Christiansen and Natalie Portman are to acting what Rich Kotite and Todd Bowles are to coaching

• Upvote 1

On 12/14/2016 at 0:31 AM, drdetroit said:

People who hate Batman v. Superman are the same people who start websites and youtube channels dedicated to trying to convince the world Michael Bay is the anti-Christ.

So I have to start a website now?  That thing sucked.  I watched 10 minutes waiting for the fight to come on and it was horrific.  Gigli is wearing falsies in a wet suit while mumbling like Bones playing Dredd.  Mark Zuckerberg has access to Kryptonian weapons, but instead designs an Age of Ultron style angry fist faced Ken doll to kill Super Man, but wait... out of nowhere Xena the Warrior Princess comes to the rescue!  I have no idea what Julie was doing other than being an annoying modern day Lea Thompson.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

So I have to start a website now?  That thing sucked.  I watched 10 minutes waiting for the fight to come on and it was horrific.  Gigli is wearing falsies in a wet suit while mumbling like Bones playing Dredd.  Mark Zuckerberg has access to Kryptonian weapons, but instead designs an Age of Ultron style angry fist faced Ken doll to kill Super Man, but wait... out of nowhere Xena the Warrior Princess comes to the rescue!  I have no idea what Julie was doing other than being an annoying modern day Lea Thompson.

RLLOL for this sentence, especially the Gigli reference.

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Why would batman not use an armor suit to fight superman?  Is Gigli capable of killing superman with his bare hands?

On 12/14/2016 at 6:28 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

I tried this with my son, who was 10 at the time.  he literally wouldn't even stay in the room for any of the prequels, save of course the darth maul fights.  There is no story.  Everyone is just waiting for the lava fight and to see vader get his mask.  its as exciting as waiting for a bus

new tradition

the prequels never happened, and you watch V two times

• Upvote 3

Just watched 'The Drop' with Tom Hardy and James Gandolfini. It was an okay indie crime noir

I preferred 'God's Pocket' w/ P.S. Hoffman, Christina Hendricks, and John Turturro. P.S. Hoffman shows the acting chops in this one.

Two other Indie Crime Noir flicks that I liked more were 'Killing Them Softly' w/Brad Pitt, and 'The Samaritan' w/ Samuel L. Jackson. Pretty good offbeat noir imo.