Movies We've Seen Thread

10 hours ago, munchmemory said:

I remember liking that Kurt Russell flick.  Also dug RocknRolla when it came out.

Speaking of Russell movies, if you haven't seen it, check out Carpenter's version of The Thing.  Just awesome.  Snake Pliskin at the Antarctic.  lol

When the head pops off and sprouts legs...holy geebus....

• Upvote 2

On 4/19/2017 at 9:39 PM, jetophile said:

That movie has nothing on Melissa Sue Anderson in 'Midnight Offering'.  Haha, wasn't one of the girls from 'The Waltons' in that? I'm sure of it. lol

If you need a movie with a girl from The Waltons, check out White Dog with Kristy McNichol.  She was also in a glorious pirate movie, the name escapes me right now. 

14 hours ago, Thor99 said:

If you need a movie with a girl from The Waltons, check out White Dog with Kristy McNichol.  She was also in a glorious pirate movie, the name escapes me right now. 

Hahaha, 'The Pirate Movie'. That's what it was called. I've seen it. My retinas haven't stopped bleeding ever since. But in a good way. As far as I'm concerned, Christopher Atkins' stock went up after 'Blue Lagoon'. It was a parody of 'The Pirates of Penzance'. I think. 

Everything is connected, though, because now I just thought of a glorious TV movie, 'Sooner or Later'. Rex Smith. . . 'The Pirates of Penzance . . . Anyway, I thought that movie was a little pedo when I first caught it as a teen - and it is - but the bulge in Rex Smith's pants are so worth a watch. "You, you take my breath away, I don't know what to say . . ."  I didn't know if I should snort horse tranquilizers or throw myself off a bridge. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, jetophile said:

Hahaha, 'The Pirate Movie'. That's what it was called. I've seen it. My retinas haven't stopped bleeding ever since. But in a good way. As far as I'm concerned, Christopher Atkins' stock went up after 'Blue Lagoon'. It was a parody of 'The Pirates of Penzance'. I think. 

Everything is connected, though, because now I just thought of a glorious TV movie, 'Sooner or Later'. Rex Smith. . . 'The Pirates of Penzance . . . Anyway, I thought that movie was a little pedo when I first caught it as a teen - and it is - but the bulge in Rex Smith's pants are so worth a watch. "You, you take my breath away, I don't know what to say . . ."  I didn't know if I should snort horse tranquilizers or throw myself off a bridge. 

12 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Netflix just threw up an Oklahoma City Bombing documentary and holy sh*t is it good. I forgot how nutty a couple years that was with domestic terrorism.

Ruby Ridge, Waco, too, that's what motivated him.  McVeigh was a world class POS for doing what he did. Emergency personnel were just falling apart from grief. I haven't seen the show, but when you put a composite picture of the guy together, it's pretty easy to see why he imploded. The perfect soup for a guy who in probability always had a screw loose, but there was a method to his madness. I guess that's an inconcrete way to put it, because he wasn't insane by definition at all. Yeesh, what a horrible thing that was - and still is. 

OK, it has to be said, 'Night of the Living Dead' is one of the best flicks ever made. I just know it's going down in the AFI. Unfortunately, most times, your first effort is your best effort. No-one has any idea how hard it is to get film developed and do this sh it.  I don't really care about his later stuff . . . rewind, rewind, rewind. 

On 3/11/2017 at 8:30 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

Get Out was hysterical. I think horror is the hardest of all the genres to introduce something truly original into, and kudos to Jordan Peele for managing to do that. It's certainly not the greatest movie of all time or anything, but it's pretty ******* entertaining and that's really all one can really ask for.

Just got around to seeing Get Out.  Didn't live up to the hype.  Good, no doubt.  But, disappointed based on all I'd heard about it.

11 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Split was great. Had the ending spoiled for me prior to watching by an incredulous sh*tbag, but it's nice to see Shyamalan back to form. I forgot how good he is at maintaining tension using space and silence...etc.

I wanted to like it, but I just couldn't get into it. 

Watched "The girl with all the gifts" interesting take on a zombie movie, but it could've been better. Especially the ending. 

16 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Split was great. Had the ending spoiled for me prior to watching by an incredulous sh*tbag, but it's nice to see Shyamalan back to form. I forgot how good he is at maintaining tension using space and silence...etc.

They are going to make a sequel.

Split meets Unbreakable.

Guardians 2 is a real visual stunner, but the story devolved into the same exact plot line that they use for every single other movie they have ever made. I think this may be the last time I bother heading to the theater for a MCU flick. Maybe for Infinity War, but Jesus Christ they have literally made the same exact movie like 20 times now. And honestly after enjoying Logan a few months back I don't think I can sit through the big budget generic comic movies anymore. 

• Upvote 2

Watched Logan last night.  Solid Movie.  Never really liked any of the Wolverine movies and outside of "Days of Future Past" I've been very meh on the Xmen series.  They finally got it right on the last one.  Well done and a great way to send off Jackman as an iconic character. 

I would have liked to see the return of Sabertooth instead of Wolverine battling Wolverine...but all around, it was a good movie. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Guardians 2 is a real visual stunner, but the story devolved into the same exact plot line that they use for every single other movie they have ever made. I think this may be the last time I bother heading to the theater for a MCU flick. Maybe for Infinity War, but Jesus Christ they have literally made the same exact movie like 20 times now. And honestly after enjoying Logan a few months back I don't think I can sit through the big budget generic comic movies anymore. 

They are going to hit their saturation point pretty soon.

Wonder Woman looks like a WW1 version of Captain America. 

Then again, they made 8 Fast and Furious Movies.

Watched The Girl With All The Gifts last night. Very solid zombie/sci-fi flick with Glenn Close and Paddy Considine. Not mind-blowing by any stretch, but well done and it looks great. Last twenty minutes are meh, but the metaphor it tries to articulate is cool.

On 5/4/2017 at 3:01 PM, thadude said:

The original Punisher with Dolph Lundgren is an underrated ass movie.

An R-Rated, no ******* around, legit violent/true to comics movie about Punisher would be great.  

All the soft sh*t films to-date about Punisher, is sh*t.

On 5/4/2017 at 10:20 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

This.  Was really disappointed.

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 10:25 AM, Warfish said:

An R-Rated, no ******* around, legit violent/true to comics movie about Punisher would be great.  

The 1989 Dolph Lundgren film was actually pretty gritty and a hard R.  I'll admit the movie definitely has its flaws and silliness but it's by far the best Punisher movie and Chris Nolan even plagiarized one of the actions scenes in it for the Dark Knight (scene where Punisher busts up the drug exchange at the port watch it side by side with the scene in DK where Batman busts up the drug exchange in the parking garage)

On 5/7/2017 at 9:25 AM, Warfish said:

There is a rumor that the upcoming Netflix series is going to be heavily based on Ennis' MAX stuff. And if anyone has the balls to adapt The Slavers on screen, it's Netflix.

• Upvote 1

I agree with GOTG2, it was a fun movie, but I enjoyed the first one a lot more. 

I understand these movies are longer because there are a lot of moving parts to try and work into the story, but at times it just felt like it dragged on. 

I have some other issues -- mainly regarding character interaction -- but I'll wait until the movie has been out another week or so as to try and avoid early spoilers.