Movies We've Seen Thread

Jurassic world was a hot steaming pile of triceratops shit. I don't remember the last time I was actively rooting for a movie to just end. Seeing as Jurassic park is one of my all time favorites, to say I'm disappointed is an understatement. I'll take the talking raptor in Jurassic  park 3 over this movie any day.

3 hours ago, JoeC36 said:

Jurassic world was a hot steaming pile of triceratops sh*t. I don't remember the last time I was actively rooting for a movie to just end. Seeing as Jurassic park is one of my all time favorites, to say I'm disappointed is an understatement. I'll take the talking raptor in Jurassic  park 3 over this movie any day.

I didn't mind Jurassic World (haven't seen the latest one) but lol @ the bold.

8 hours ago, JoeC36 said:

Jurassic world was a hot steaming pile of triceratops sh*t. I don't remember the last time I was actively rooting for a movie to just end. Seeing as Jurassic park is one of my all time favorites, to say I'm disappointed is an understatement. I'll take the talking raptor in Jurassic  park 3 over this movie any day.

Don't forget the gymnastics scene in The Lost World. This edited version is one of my favorite things on YouTube ever.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/15/2018 at 3:33 PM, Thor99 said:

The Titan was a great idea horribly executed.  Watching Sam Worthington try to emote with just his eyes is legit hilarious. 

Year the potential for that movie was incredible. KInda like they just gave up halfway through. Shane really. 

Went with the family to see Sorry to Bother You.   We all loved it.  I haven't been this impressed with a flick in a long time.   It's like an episode of Black Mirror on steroids.  Reminiscent of Get Out in spirit, but much more hard hitting.  Like Get Out, make sure you don't know anything going into the movie.

Equal parts social commentary and satire.  Thought-provoking, funny and horrific.   Brilliant, imaginative first script and directorial debut by Boots Riley.  (Great job of editing, too.  Along with an incredible track.)  The flick is well acted--and "overdubbed"--by an impressive group of actors, especially by Lakeith Stanfield and Tessa Thopmson.  BTW, I have had a crush on Tessa since I first saw her in Westworld.  The camera loves her.

On 6/24/2011 at 10:20 AM, T0mShane said:

Thought we should have a thread to share our reviews of movies we're seeing to help us avoid watching Ryan Reynolds and/or Julia Roberts movies.

On 6/24/2011 at 10:36 AM, JiF said:

Like anyone gives a sh*t about your review of Midnight in Paris where you cried in your bucket of popcorn all by yourself last Friday night.

Clicked the first page by mistake.

Perfect.

Finally got to see Ready Player One, I was a huge fan of the book and was bummed I couldn't see it on the big screen. I was shocked at how well some of the scenes worked, like even better on screen than on the pages. The King Kong race and Overlook Hotel scenes in particular are so ******* awesome, like some of the best things Spielberg has ever put together IMO. I gained a new respect for him as a director; this clearly wasn't an easy movie to make and someone of his stature didn't need to take something like RP1 on at all; but watching it I think it's also clear that he's the only director that could have. Kudos to him for willing to put in the time to give fans something so nostalgically fun.

Supposedly Kline is working on a sequel and I don't know, I can't see it going well. What made the first one work was the surprise of the conceptual references throughout. With that gone I don't see how a sequel book or movie can be any way as fulfilling. Reeks of The Lost World tbh.

• Upvote 2

Sorry to Bother You is so hilariously over the top and I enjoyed the sh*t out of it. Reminded me of why I love going to the movies. It's not going to get nominated for anything like Get Out did, but it is way crazier and the last 30 minutes had me dying and kept me on my toes.

Best thing you can do is go in knowing as little as possible about the plot. Don't even research who the full cast is.

Saw MI Fallout yesterday. Love the Mission Impossible series, especially the last 2, and this one was a right there with Ghost Protocol and Rogue Nation. Entertaining movie. Non stop action and smart enough to be a lot of fun. Much more fun and simply a better movie experience than any of the superhero stuff, crap Star Wars, and especially the morose Bond series. 

Might go see it again next weekend with my son.  

• Upvote 1

So I caught ex machina on Netflix 

Really liked it, super cool effects 

They should have gone with the twist they teased, that Caleb was the AI being tested, not the tester 

The servant was obvious 

The Norway sets were spectacular 

On 7/23/2018 at 2:45 PM, munchmemory said:

Went with the family to see Sorry to Bother You.   We all loved it.  I haven't been this impressed with a flick in a long time.   It's like an episode of Black Mirror on steroids.  Reminiscent of Get Out in spirit, but much more hard hitting.  Like Get Out, make sure you don't know anything going into the movie.

Equal parts social commentary and satire.  Thought-provoking, funny and horrific.   Brilliant, imaginative first script and directorial debut by Boots Riley.  (Great job of editing, too.  Along with an incredible track.)  The flick is well acted--and "overdubbed"--by an impressive group of actors, especially by Lakeith Stanfield and Tessa Thopmson.  BTW, I have had a crush on Tessa since I first saw her in Westworld.  The camera loves her.

Watched it as well, started out very strong but the ending was a little much for me. Lost me a bit. I will say though, the movie definitely delivered on driving its point home, and for that I respect it. 

• Upvote 1

Gave The Dark Knight a little 10th anniversary watch. It brought me nothing but sadness. One for Heath Ledger, but more importantly how Hollywood just completely abandoned trying to do anything creative with this genre since Nolan finished out his trilogy (with a few exceptions like Logan and Dredd). God dammit this flick is still so good. Dare I say transcendental.

• Upvote 2

On 7/28/2018 at 12:52 PM, Jet_Engine1 said:

Saw MI Fallout yesterday. Love the Mission Impossible series, especially the last 2, and this one was a right there with Ghost Protocol and Rogue Nation. Entertaining movie. Non stop action and smart enough to be a lot of fun. Much more fun and simply a better movie experience than any of the superhero stuff, crap Star Wars, and especially the morose Bond series. 

Might go see it again next weekend with my son.  

We saw it and tought it was really good.  Love the series.  Highly recommend for those that actually like Cruise .

13 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Gave The Dark Knight a little 10th anniversary watch. It brought me nothing but sadness. One for Heath Ledger, but more importantly how Hollywood just completely abandoned trying to do anything creative with this genre since Nolan finished out his trilogy (with a few exceptions like Logan and Dredd). God dammit this flick is still so good. Dare I say transcendental.

See, I think Ledger scenes are brilliant, and the rest is very mediocre.

And the 3rd Dark Knight is utter crap to me. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

See, I think Ledger scenes are brilliant, and the rest is very mediocre.

And the 3rd Dark Knight is utter crap to me. 

This

Take away Ledger’s Joker, who appears in maybe 15-20 minutes of the movie, and you’re left with what is maybe the most mind-numbingly boring Superhero movie in existence.

My biggest complaint with the Nolan Batman movies are that they take themselves too seriously. At the end of the day, you’re talking about a billionaire playboy who dresses up like a bat at night and beats the sh*t out of criminals. Have some fun with it.

Still, Begins and TDK are good movies overall...but I agree, the 3rd one sucked.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

This

Take away Ledger’s Joker, who appears in maybe 15-20 minutes of the movie, and you’re left with what is maybe the most mind-numbingly boring Superhero movie in existence.

My biggest complaint with the Nolan Batman movies are that they take themselves too seriously. At the end of the day, you’re talking about a billionaire playboy who dresses up like a bat at night and beats the sh*t out of criminals. Have some fun with it.

Still, Begins and TDK are good movies overall...but I agree, the 3rd one sucked.

17 minutes.   Which is amazing if you think of it.

A lot of the little things he did, he made up himself.   The little tic he had where he kept licking his lips was cause the makeup irritated him.   When he walks in on the fundraiser for Harvey, he eats a flower.   The scene where he kidnaps a guy and videos it he shot and directed himself.   When he blew up the hospital, and he's punching the detonator, that's cause there was a mistake and the explosions were a few seconds late, and he just went with it.   

27 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Well, you're wrong about both of those opinions on this completely subjective topic.

The 3rd one?

There is a bone out of place in your spine.  I will punch it, and hang you.   You will be fine in an hour.   Then you can fly from the middle of the desert to Gotham in 3 hours.   A nuclear bomb will detonate 2 miles from your city.   You will all be fine.

Let's get every single police office underground.   All of them.

Bane's voice.

There was a massive break in to a major trading corporation.   Everyone knows about this.  All trades made during this are 100% viable, you are now broke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLyoog562x4

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Caught the latest Mission Impossible yesterday.  Eh, it's not one of the better ones.  Six out of 10.  This series--as well as its star--is getting a bit long in the tooth.  

Fun fact.

Tom Cruise is older in this MI than Wilford Brimley was in Cocoon.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

The 3rd one?

There is a bone out of place in your spine.  I will punch it, and hang you.   You will be fine in an hour.   Then you can fly from the middle of the desert to Gotham in 3 hours.   A nuclear bomb will detonate 2 miles from your city.   You will all be fine.

Bane's voice.

There was a massive break in to a major trading corporation.   Everyone knows about this.  All trades made during this are 100% viable, you are now broke.

When I started reading the 2nd paragraph I thought you were threatening Rutgers.  Now I am just happy that I generally avoid super hero movies. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, chirorob said:

The 3rd one?

Bane's voice.

I hate to inform you of this, but Batman, Gotham City, and the universe they all exist in isn't real.

• Haha 1