Movies We've Seen Thread

17 hours ago, chirorob said:

17 minutes.   Which is amazing if you think of it.

A lot of the little things he did, he made up himself.   The little tic he had where he kept licking his lips was cause the makeup irritated him.   When he walks in on the fundraiser for Harvey, he eats a flower.   The scene where he kidnaps a guy and videos it he shot and directed himself.   When he blew up the hospital, and he's punching the detonator, that's cause there was a mistake and the explosions were a few seconds late, and he just went with it.   

When you watch Christian Bale do Batman side by side with Ben Affleck’s Daredevil, it’s basically the same performance.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, gqxluvx said:

I mean people who like the Marvel movies saying the Dark Knight is mediocre?!?!  ?

Yeah, because I see the Marvel movies for what they are.

Colorful, entertaining popcorn flicks that the whole family can enjoy. Nothing more, nothing less.

TDK on the other hand gets propped up as this sort of masterpiece of filmmaking...when in reality whenever the Joker isn’t on screen, it’s about as interesting as a dry dog turd. What’s the most interesting non-Joker scene? Lucius Fox planting a cell phone in a desk in a Hong Kong office building?

Thrilling...

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The Meg is 100% absolutely ******* ridiculous awesome. The whole thing is a ludicrous homage to Jaws, Die Hard, and the Samuel Jackson scene from Deep Blue Sea and I had a blast with it.

My advice is to get drunk and/or high as **** before watching it. It's hilarious.

Would a 9 year old boy like it, or will it make him need to leave Florida and move to Nebraska?

So I finally caught ready player one 

As someone who actually played adventure and defender and asteroids and went to clubs that played blue Monday it was super cool 

But the whole conflict was saving the oasis from the guy who wanted to run ads while people were playing? 

The shining scene was as great as I read about but mechagodzilla was lame but I appreciated that they played the correct music for him

Edit to add : "the charm of making" from excalibur was so unexpected and so amazing. Excalibur is in my top 5 movies of all time and that was just so great. The charm isn't gobbledygook it's actual language

Anál nathrach, orth' bháis's bethad, do chél dénmha. The Charm of Making, an incantation repeatedly uttered by both Merlin and Morgana, is in an Old Gaelic dialect that translates to "Serpent's breath, charm of death and life, thy omen of making."

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Larz said:

So I finally caught ready player one 

As someone who actually played adventure and defender and asteroids and went to clubs that played blue Monday it was super cool 

But the whole conflict was saving the oasis from the guy who wanted to run ads while people were playing? 

The shining scene was as great as I read about but mechagodzilla was lame but I appreciated that they played the correct music for him

The book made more sense.   They Oasis was free, the corp was going to charge people money to get in, which would force a lot of people out of the only happy space they had.

On 8/13/2018 at 1:10 PM, chirorob said:

The book made more sense.   They Oasis was free, the corp was going to charge people money to get in, which would force a lot of people out of the only happy space they had.

Yes. Too bad every character in the book was an unlikable, poorly developed caricature. 

On 8/9/2018 at 2:18 AM, RutgersJetFan said:

The Meg is 100% absolutely ******* ridiculous awesome. The whole thing is a ludicrous homage to Jaws, Die Hard, and the Samuel Jackson scene from Deep Blue Sea and I had a blast with it.

My advice is to get drunk and/or high as **** before watching it. It's hilarious.

Agreed, I was expecting a total bomb, but it was a lot of fun. I won't spoil it, but there was a scene where I actually jumped up a bit and fist pumped and screamed "YESSSS." I don't remember the last time I did that in a theater.

Also, if you can, by all means see it in one of AMC's Dolby Cinema theaters. Dolby Cinema is currently the best viewing experience, beating out imax. The transducers they put in the reclining seats go wild durning this movie, giving you thumps during the action. Between moviepass and AMC Alist, I have seen a lot of movies in dolby cinema, imax, and regular screens, and dolby cinema is worth the few bucks more.

On 8/9/2018 at 9:58 AM, Jet_Engine1 said:

Would a 9 year old boy like it, or will it make him need to leave Florida and move to Nebraska?

Hey!  Ever get bit by a pig?  F*ckers are smart and can sneek up on ya.

There's a reason they're kept in pens.

• Haha 1

So I finally saw a quiet place. 

Agree with the consensus that it was very good and the nail scene made me squirm in my seat and the performance of the daughter was very good. The added plot of the family guilt over the young brother gave it the depth you don't normally get in horror 

• Upvote 1

On 8/18/2018 at 9:13 PM, Larz said:

So I finally saw a quiet place. 

Agree with the consensus that it was very good and the nail scene made me squirm in my seat and the performance of the daughter was very good. The added plot of the family guilt over the young brother gave it the depth you don't normally get in horror 

Totally Agree.

I saw Tag last night.   I thought it was pretty damn funny. 

• 2 weeks later...

Captain Marvel Trailer release today at Noon?

Would seem to be a good time.  With the opening of the NFL this week, I would bet that the trailer gets released today and is shown multiple times as a commercial during the games this weekend.

Edit:  Just a big tease with set photos etc.   Nothing else.

I need something substantial from this movie!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

On 8/23/2018 at 8:18 PM, HessStation said:

So I finnnnnally saw infinity war and it was totes awesome 

On 9/2/2018 at 10:55 PM, HessStation said:

So I finNnnnnnally saw Deadpool 2 and I really really liked it a lot 

Funny, I saw them both this weekend too.  I didn't much like Infinity War.  My kingdom for a Sawzall!  Deadpool was enjoyable enough, but I much preferred the first.  I can see why others enjoyed them so much, but I am not much of a comic book movie guy.

Streamed "Molly's Game" last night.  Totally enjoyed the flick.  Jessica Chastain is fantastic in the lead role.  

From the great opening sequence (love the writing and edit job here), the movie flows with a crisp pace.  Also loved looking at Chastain in a variety of hot outfits.  Never knew she had such a crazy hot body.

giphy.gif

GVgr8Fe.gif

Mandy is everything I have ever wanted a movie to be. Violent is an understatement. It's so relentless and over-the-top and legit stunning. I have no doubt that people are going to be watching this one decades from now. ******* classic.

And kudos to Nic Cage for embracing his inner meme and going totally off the rails one more time for the audiences. Holy hell. I give his performance and the entire flick 10 out of 10 shrooms.

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

Full on boner pants material here....

I'm sure this is going to make a gazillion dollars, but it's been pretty clear from the get-go that they're just remaking Captain America in kind of the same way they did Iron Man with Doctor Strange. The same story, over and over and over and over, enough already.

In the meantime a masterpiece like Mandy can't even get a little bit of attention.