Movies We've Seen Thread

On 10/4/2018 at 9:26 PM, Jet_Engine1 said:

Solo....

If it was the exact same movie, everything exactly the same, but without "star wars " slapped on it, it wouldn't have ever been made....and even if it was, it would have bombed harder than the Enola Gay. It would be "The Postman" level panned. 

Star Wars ended when the Emperor took the Express Elevator to engineering. Sad how they've butchered the brand. 

Watched it this weekend.  Pure dog poop.  Feel asleep like 5 times watching it, would wake up rewind and fall asleep again, over and over again.  Finally made it through and was like, why the heck did I just force myself to stay awake for this turd.

That said, I did kind of enjoy seeing how Solo met Chewy and it was nothing but a downward spiral from there.

Yes, Star Wars is ruined.  Shame.  Really makes me wish they just left it alone and never did any of these new movies because this is forever staind in my brain and it's like curse;

Related image

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, JiF said:

Watched it this weekend.  Pure dog poop.  Feel asleep like 5 times watching it, would wake up rewind and fall asleep again, over and over again.  Finally made it through and was like, why the heck did I just force myself to stay awake for this turd.

That said, I did kind of enjoy seeing how Solo met Chewy and it was nothing but a downward spiral from there.

Yes, Star Wars is ruined.  Shame.  Really makes me wish they just left it alone and never did any of these new movies because this is forever staind in my brain and it's like curse;

Related image

It's remarkable how bad it's gotten.  I forced myself to watch the Last Jedi and the last little bit of wide eyed kid who loved star wars (after the prequels) was killed for good. 0 interest in Solo

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, CTM said:

It's remarkable how bad it's gotten.  I forced myself to watch the Last Jedi and the last little bit of wide eyed kid who loved star wars (after the prequels) was killed for good. 0 interest in Solo

It really is.  It's totally killed it for me.  I really could give 2 toothpicks about how the main saga ends at this point after what they did to Luke.  I will watch because I'm a fanboy and the original saga to this day are some of my favorite all time movies but Im like doing it because I feel like I have to and not because I enjoy it.

11 minutes ago, JiF said:

It really is.  It's totally killed it for me.  I really could give 2 toothpicks about how the main saga ends at this point after what they did to Luke.  I will watch because I'm a fanboy and the original saga to this day are some of my favorite all time movies but Im like doing it because I feel like I have to and not because I enjoy it.

Agreed on everything. Regarding the bolded, that's essentially what I was doing with "The League" after the first few seasons. I got no enjoyment out of it, but kept on till it ended.

?

On 10/4/2018 at 8:26 PM, Jet_Engine1 said:

Solo....

If it was the exact same movie, everything exactly the same, but without "star wars " slapped on it, it wouldn't have ever been made....and even if it was, it would have bombed harder than the Enola Gay. It would be "The Postman" level panned. 

Star Wars ended when the Emperor took the Express Elevator to engineering. Sad how they've butchered the brand. 

On 5/27/2018 at 9:32 PM, Jet_Engine1 said:

Solo was the first SW movie Ive truly enjoyed in a theatre since the OT was re-released in '97. Thought Ehrenreich did a great job (was shocked that he pulled it off as well as he did), thought the movie was fun and cool (aside from the annoying AF, pointless Droid) and I really loved a few moments in it. I think I get their plan now. Make mindless new crap in the series films for the idiot SJW millennial crowd, and make cool throwbacks for the anthology films for us old geezers and our kids. 

Whatever. I hope Solo gets a trilogy and I think Kenobi with McGregor will be epic. 

• Haha 1

the wife and I decided to watch some horror/thriller movies this weekend that we have not seen in years.  the cabin in the woods is an all time horror movie imo. very underrated. not only does it scare at times but it is genuinely funny.  28 days later is good but has some holes in it.  i think it is the first zombie movie where they ran instead of the usual zombie walk thing. if so that movie deserves a lot of credit

On 10/14/2018 at 11:40 AM, CotcheryifyouCan said:

the wife and I decided to watch some horror/thriller movies this weekend that we have not seen in years.  the cabin in the woods is an all time horror movie imo. very underrated. not only does it scare at times but it is genuinely funny.  28 days later is good but has some holes in it.  i think it is the first zombie movie where they ran instead of the usual zombie walk thing. if so that movie deserves a lot of credit

28 days and 28 weeks are great flicks

the scene in 28 weeks where the husband has to decide between staying or running is genuinely well done and the soundtrack is relentless

On 10/14/2018 at 10:40 AM, CotcheryifyouCan said:

8 minutes ago, Larz said:

28 days and 28 weeks are great flicks

the scene in 28 weeks where the husband has to decide between staying or running is genuinely well done and the soundtrack is relentless

The biggest little secret in movies of the 2010's is that it has been an exceptional era for horror. The VVitch, Get Out, It Follows, Green Room, A Quiet Place, Raw, It...etc. I think what studios have found is that there is a real market for lower budget, intelligent scifi and horror; that not everything needs to be a giant franchise/tent pole flick. I think Get Out was one of the best things to happen to Hollywood in a long time, not only from the standpoint of subject matter but what audiences will pay money for.

Ok saw a star is born

I really enjoyed it, Cooper was amazing but it seemed like he really did steal Sam elliots voice there at the end it got so deep lol

Probably 20 people in the theater and at the end half the ladies were crying

perfect date movie

Unless you drink a lot then hard pass

• Upvote 2

You Were Never Really Here - whoa, what a dark, weird, creepy movie but kind of awesome at the same time.  It's twisted and bizaree and messed up and kind of brilliant.  I recommend the watch if you're into that type of a flick.  

Leave No Trace - super cool movie.  Definitely a heart wrencher.  It's just an incredible story of a father and daughter and living life with PTSD.  So freaking good.  

3 hours ago, JiF said:

You Were Never Really Here - whoa, what a dark, weird, creepy movie but kind of awesome at the same time.  It's twisted and bizaree and messed up and kind of brilliant.  I recommend the watch if you're into that type of a flick.  

Leave No Trace - super cool movie.  Definitely a heart wrencher.  It's just an incredible story of a father and daughter and living life with PTSD.  So freaking good.  

You Were Never Really Here is a good flick - Joaquin does a great job in most of the flicks he's in.  Inherent Vice is one of my favorite movies

20 minutes ago, peebag said:

You Were Never Really Here is a good flick - Joaquin does a great job in most of the flicks he's in.  Inherent Vice is one of my favorite movies

Inherent Vice was great.  Love psychological thrillers/comedies like that.  That sound track was great too.

Joaquin is money and he killed "Joe" in YWNRH.  The scene when he goes to save the girl...amazing.

The Exorcist has been on AMC. I am not sure anything has ever topped it in the realm of seriously twisted sh*t.

You have to put it right up with Citizen Kane and The Godfather, right? What I mean is that there are a very small handful of movies in history where history/genre/film making exists in the before and after of that particular movie, and The Exorcist is most definitely one of them.

• Upvote 1

So I finally clicked on the cabin in the woods on Hulu I think

I had no idea what to expect, just a Halloween thing

wow

Really cool concept, some huge plot holes of course but man what an ending!

I didn't know where to look there were so many monsters lol

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2018 at 10:25 PM, HighPitch said:

just saw  Rhapsody....

very well done. Between this and a star is born, 2 excellent band flicks out now.

the crown applauded in the end so there you go. Not sure why there are so many bad reviews online

You're a music guy so I'll ask:  Is the flick as hokey as all the rest of the rock movies?  Even the trailer with the Brian May character looking like he's wearing a bad wig has me cringing. My wife wants to go see it.  I'm hesitating because I saw Queen a bunch of times (first US tour in support of Mott was one) and don't want to sit through a crap fest  which will make them look goofy. 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

You're a music guy so I'll ask:  Is the flick as hokey as all the rest of the rock movies?  Even the trailer with the Brian May character looking like he's wearing a bad wig has me cringing. My wife wants to go see it.  I'm hesitating because I saw Queen a bunch of times (first US tour in support of Mott was one) and don't want to sit through a crap fest  which will make them look goofy. 

Hmmmmm.

well im a casual queen fan so i dont know the history in detail .......so that kind of stuff didnt annoy me. All these movies are a bit hokey but it was a really good flick. If the wife wants to see it youre stuck!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

I saw it a couple of weeks ago.  It all depends on what you are looking for out of the movie -- looking for a nostalgic couple of hours that pays homage to one of the greatest frontmen and creative entertainment minds with a soundtrack of some great music of the 70s/80s, then just sit back and enjoy the show.

If you are looking for an accurate, factual telling of the story of Queen, then you probably should pass.  Some dramatic license is taken in the retelling of the story and some to the timelines are twisted for dramatic effect.  If that will bother you, then you should probably stay away.  The fictionalized parts of the story did not bother me.  I enjoyed the movie and would reccomend it.

• Upvote 1

On 10/28/2018 at 11:33 PM, Integrity28 said:

Flipped across something called "The Layover" on HBO. Stopped because bikinis/pool scene. Alessandra D'addario has a better body than Kate Upton. Like not even close. That is all. LOL

I watched an inane old movie called "Summer Catch" one day years ago for a very similar reason.  Was clicking around and witnessed Jessica Biel getting out of a pool wearing a white bikini. Put remote down.....

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Creed II is cliche and predictable, yet not boring at all and dare I say inspiring. I loved every second of it. If Creed earned a spot rightfully in the legacy of Rocky, then Creed II earns a spot faithfully to Rocky III and IV. The way they have woven the narrative of fathers and sons into the franchise has been, at least to me, the breath of fresh air that pushes the Creed movies.

One thing I will add as well: The boxing scenes in the newer generation of Rocky movies, Balboa through Creed II, have all been extremely well done. Far superior than Rocky through Rocky V.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1