Movies We've Seen Thread

9 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I have met Chuck Wepner a bunch of times and he's awesome but Rocky is 100% fantasy. Wepner got the sh*t kicked out of him by Ali and Wepner fought dirty as hell the entire fight.

Chuck the movie is terrible.

I mean I love Rocky, but if you even have a passing interest in boxing, you have to know that the Rocky fights are pure theater. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, nycdan said:

I get the feeling that phase 2 MCU is going to be heavily focused on diversity.  Which isn't a bad thing unless it's taking priority over making good movies.  Black Panther absolutely worked.  But I'm a little concerned about the rush to get the next 10 'underrepresented' groups into feature roles because it may start to feel forced and water down the overall canvas.  Marvel could do it in the comics because there isn't much cost/time/risk involved in pumping out another book.  I'm not sure the same applies to movies. 

I fear that we may just have seen the end of the golden age of super-hero movies unless X-Men or FF get done well for a change (well X-Men had some moments, but FF has sucked in every iteration).

Who knows. It looks like in the next Spidey movie they're going to open up the door to the idea of a multiverse. I wouldn't count on them being completely done with these guys just yet if the box office numbers slow down.

In any event it's really hard to bet against Disney right now. They'll figure it out. They always do.

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

oh man you’re so screwed

Star Wars ended in 1983....I hope you have an amazing credit line. LOL.

In all honesty, I made it about 5 minutes into TLJ and then just started heckling it. Mercilessly. On opening night.... My 10 year old thought I was hilarious, and hates "Old Luke" as he calls him (He loves OT, his choice), and my 7 year old is all about Indiana Jones and Spiderman and gives zero ****s about Star Wars. 

Done. 

Nowadays I get all nerded out watching The Expanse. The Rocinante is badass. 

3 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Star Wars ended in 1983....I hope you have an amazing credit line. LOL.

In all honesty, I made it about 5 minutes into TLJ and then just started heckling it. Mercilessly. On opening night.... My 10 year old thought I was hilarious, and hates "Old Luke" as he calls him (He loves OT, his choice), and my 7 year old is all about Indiana Jones and Spiderman and gives zero ****s about Star Wars. 

Done. 

Nowadays I get all nerded out watching The Expanse. The Rocinante is badass. 

I train with the dude who plays Amos. He's a ******* beast. Great wrestler.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I train with the dude who plays Amos. He's a ******* beast. Great wrestler.

Wes Chatham was US Navy irl. ******* cool story, got "discovered" when a movie was filmed on the ship he served on, now he's a working actor with one of the best parts on TV. Love the show, love that guy.....

11 hours ago, Larz said:

Going to endgame again tonight 

cant remember the last time I saw a movie twice in the initial release 

Just saw endgame last night.

Waaaay too long and draggy.  Almost a vanity movie.  Almost as if each actor had a contract for minimium amount of screen time so they just added useless and draggy dialogues and pointless scenes.   Gotta love the obvious attempt to force tears with the melodramatic music and such.  This movie is complete crap.  This entire genre is washed up.  End Game is a huge disappointment.  

• Upvote 1

This movie isn’t for everybody, but if you like ambitious, low-budget indie horror flicks, The Dark was pretty well done. It doesn’t reach the heights of The Following or Let The Right One In, but it’s definitely in that vein. It’s on Prime 

3 hours ago, JiF said:

There is a documentary on Netflix about the first Little League Baseball game where black's were allowed to play and it is outstanding.

It's called: Long Time Coming

Get some tissues. 

Battered Basterds of Baseball was pretty good too.

• Upvote 2

On 5/6/2019 at 7:58 PM, Untouchable said:

End Game was really good, not as good as Infinity War, but a really nice conclusion to a decades worth of films.

That being said, I have basically zero interest in the MCU moving forward. I couldn't give a flying rats a$$hole about Black Panther 2, Captain Marvel 2, Ant-Man 3, etc.

Maybe that will change when they eventually introduce Dr. Doom (and hopefully finally do him justice), Silver Surfer, Galactus, the X-Men, Fantasic Four (same as Doom), etc but even then, we’ve already had 20 years worth of X-Men movies and X-Men spinoff movies. And none of the future efforts are bound to be as good as Logan anyway.

I predict that Superhero fatigue will definitely start to set in moving forward.

The big story has already been told and most of the original casts contracts are up. Fan favorites like RDJ as Iron Man, Chris Evans as Cap, and most likely Chris Hemsworth as Thor are no more.

My guess is they’ll rely on Tom Holland’s Spider-Man and Captain Marvel as the heavy hitters moving forward. Problem is Brie Larson has the charisma of a dish rag and already rubbed plenty of people the wrong way before she even debuted her flat take on the character.

I’ll give Marvel and Disney all the credit for pulling this Cinematic Universe thing together and somehow making it work. They’ve had a great run for over a decade now with 20+ critically and commercially successful movies. But if anyone thinks they have another 20 in them they’re kidding themselves IMO. And that’s coming from a lifelong comic nerd.

They should do whatever they can to get Joss Whedon back to do the X-Men films.

He is used to doing big movies now, and he wrote the X-Men for years.   He knows the source material as well as anyone, and could do a great job if they left him alone.   Do an intro movie or 2, then do something darker like the Mutant Massacre.   For the love of Pete, don't try to do Phoenix again.

8 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Hey guys, fun experiment: The next time you’re binging the City Slickers movies, watch them out of order. Then the first one becomes a prequel.

I am certainly no fun expert but his doesn't sound like fun at all.

• Upvote 2

So I watched John Wick Part Two last night and I liked it. On the one hand, it's so dumb and cheeseballs that it should be terrible, but Keanu is a different bird and the world this story takes place in makes it a lot of fun to watch, and I kinda can't wait to see Part Three this weekend now. The fights with Common were surprisingly good, too. When will these meat-puppet rando henchmen learn to stop running full-speed through doorways when they know John Wick is on the other side ready to shoot them four times after flipping them onto their backs? 

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

So I watched John Wick Part Two last night and I liked it. On the one hand, it's so dumb and cheeseballs that it should be terrible, but Keanu is a different bird and the world this story takes place in makes it a lot of fun to watch, and I kinda can't wait to see Part Three this weekend now. The fights with Common were surprisingly good, too. When will these meat-puppet rando henchmen learn to stop running full-speed through doorways when they know John Wick is on the other side ready to shoot them four times after flipping them onto their backs? 

Got tickets for 1030 pm tomorrow! "Can't wait"

• Upvote 1

Saw End Game. Disney could imprint an Avengers logo on a giant pile of @The Crusher dung and sell it for a billion dollars, which isn't too far off from what they did here.

I will never understand how a country that is increasingly fixated on income inequality we collectively keep throwing 100's of millions of dollars into a tiny handful of pockets. 

Spend and spread those dollars on independent cinema

• Upvote 1