Movies We've Seen Thread

Since the wife read "Divergent" she could not wait for the movie. I did not expect much but turns out to be a pretty decent movie.

Not a bad way to spend a Monday afternoon anyway.

Also couple of weeks ago watched "JCVD" (Which stands for Jean Cluade Van Damme) reading the Guide I thought it was a Documentary. Turns out not to be and actually

was also a decent piss away a coulple of hours watch.

BTW, Alexander Payne has a pretty incredible directorial resume when you break it down:

Election

About Schmidt

Sideways

The Descendents

Nebraska

That is one hell of a list. Every single one of those is a classic.

Sideways is one of those movies I did not want to see but went with Mrs Crusher and her friends and laughed my face off.  So awesome.

It's still early, but I doubt I'll enjoy any documentary this year as much as I did Jodorowsky's Dune.  Fantastic telling of a story that I had no idea happened. And it's a real shame because the version of Dune that's at the heart of this story looks like it would have been epic levels of awesome.

Edited by RutgersJetFan

Sideways is one of those movies I did not want to see but went with Mrs Crusher and her friends and laughed my face off.  So awesome.

During the wine tasting, when Miles cant get served a glass of wine and resorts to drinking the spit bucket is one of the funniest movie scenes ever.

The thing that's always driven me nuts is that even Dick has said he's not totally sure but that he's always interpreted Deckard as human. HOW CAN YOU NOT BE SURE YOU WROTE THE DAMN CHARACTER!!!

Whoever does the reading in the audio is stellar. I mean, straight monotone sounding sh*t. 

Bah with the, your own interpretation, crap. I WANT ANSWERS. 

Where would you rank it for Hauer's career? I think it's hands down his best role. The Tears in Rain monologue alone...

It's his most iconic, certainly. He's been in a lot of really bad movies where he's the best thing in it.

He was great in Nighthawks, though.

Where would you rank it for Hauer's career? I think it's hands down his best role. The Tears in Rain monologue alone...

Not gonna lie, had to use google bc I wasn't sure if you were talking about the narrator in the audiobook, at first. When I did, I was pleasantly surprised to find the actor you're talking about is actually ingrained into my childhood psyche. I probably watched Ladyhawke 150 times as a kid. He's that weird enough actor you'd think you could have sworn he'd a been in a Herzog or Bergman film or two. Blade Runner is one of my favorite movies of all time and he's definitely one of the best part's of the film. Awesome bad guy in The Hitcher too!

• Upvote 1

Is that a good thing?  We will watch it, but I find it hard to take seriously based on the name.  Reminds me too much of Zatoichi the blind, degenerate gambler, masseuse samurai with a penchant for unwed mothers. 

FWIW, youtube has almost all the Zatoichi movies.  I left them on the chromecast all day Sunday.  Ran through about 4.  I think there are 25 and then a TV series.  I am getting a little too used to Japanese being on in the background.  I will probably switch back to La Fenech and Gloria Guida sex comedies, my true wheelhouse. 

Hey man, anything to get through a Baz Luhrmann flick.

great gatsby was moulin rouge in the 20's.  all the same shots, camera angles, effects.   my sister explained the orpheus story to me, and told me to watch it high and that it would kick in with the green fairy.  she was right, lol

So I finally saw The Conjuring, and thought it was surprisingly awesome. I thought that genre of horror killed itself but was wrong.

I watched it the other night too...wasnt a fan of how the mom turned demon...it was just kind of cheesy.  I was totally into it before that who thingy played out.

I watched it the other night too...wasnt a fan of how the mom turned demon...it was just kind of cheesy. I was totally into it before that who thingy played out.

yeah but I can get into the based on a true story thing, even w all the Hollywood'ness added. My wife went to a couple Warren's seminars in college and my HS friends father knew Ed Warren. He told us stories told to him which he swore by. Whether you want to believe or not can still give u chills.