Movies We've Seen Thread

watched ferris buellers day off, the breakfast club and groundhog day this weekend with my 14 year old daughter

she's a trooper, lol

She is a trooper. LOL

You have to go with the Uncle Buck, Great Outdoors, and Vacation trifecta next.

Lawless.

Jessica Chastain and Tom Hardy were the only talent to add something interesting to the movie. The bad cop almost captured that Tim Roth / Archibald Cunningham villain-ey thing. They should have focused more on Hardy and Chastain though, the dynamic of their attraction to each other... and way more of her full frontal, yes. She's sexy as sh*t.

Less of Shia Lebouf. I can't stand the way he forces nervous energy into every character he's building. His character, and his portrayal, both annoying as sh*t.

Bought this movie ( Drive-By Chronicles: Sidewayz) from some bootlegger in nyc ...(the cover intrigued me enough to buy for 5 dollars).....but to my surprise, it was better than most big budget type movies ive seen over the past year.....i think the movie is a few years old and has a cast that you probably never heard of....but no bullsht, this was a verrry good movie, very good!

MV5BMTMwMzIyOTU2MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjQx

Edited by stugotz81

It's a shame too. The first one was a pleasant surprise. The puke scene was pretty awesome, however.

Puke scene was funny.

And whoever that chick was that played the #1 hot girl, ******* smoking. Definitely liked her little dance.

Puke scene was funny.

And whoever that chick was that played the #1 hot girl, ******* smoking. Definitely liked her little dance.

I think the problem is that everyone thinks they need to emulate Marvel movies now. So what works for a particular story, the studio butts in and says we need to make this funnier because that's what Marvel does with The Avengers and that's what Sony does with Spider-Man, so that's what makes money. KA2 was way different as a comic. Much more brutal and not even trying to be funny at all.

For instance, the scene where they break into that chick's house, McLovin and crew actually gang rape her. But instead of just cutting it or whatever, they tried replacing it with some not-so-witty impotence scene.

Say what you may about guys like Bryan Singer and Zack Snyder, who have had both hits and misses, but at least they offer original takes on the books and go for their own visions.

so my daughter got her revenge, we watched pitch perfect last night

best movie of all time

well, mostly because of the eye candy

and 80's music

did I mention anna kendricks's cleavage ?

Kendrick, yes. But the tall, hot brunette. **** yes.

I think the problem is that everyone thinks they need to emulate Marvel movies now. So what works for a particular story, the studio butts in and says we need to make this funnier because that's what Marvel does with The Avengers and that's what Sony does with Spider-Man, so that's what makes money. KA2 was way different as a comic. Much more brutal and not even trying to be funny at all.

For instance, the scene where they break into that chick's house, McLovin and crew actually gang rape her. But instead of just cutting it or whatever, they tried replacing it with some not-so-witty impotence scene.

Say what you may about guys like Bryan Singer and Zack Snyder, who have had both hits and misses, but at least they offer original takes on the books and go for their own visions.

I'm with you. 

nm

Oh, now I want to know what you said!

This movie is loaded with "talent"... 

2c67479e7e731ec0069fee7f6575b0d4.jpg

^^^ this is the red head

GjNREEq.jpg

^^^ the uptight one doing yoga in the movie was quality

tumblr_mq5p22KUpA1rlc081o4_400.jpg

^^^ this is the slutty brunette

Anna-Kendrick-anna-kendrick-33518997-456

^^^ and of course, little miss kendrick

• Upvote 1

watching 'Venus in Fur',  'The Grand Seduction' and 'The Hundred-Foot Journey' this weekend.  All Indie Weekend :)

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/venus_in_fur/

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_grand_seduction/

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_hundred_foot_journey/

Enjoyed 100 ft and Seduction..

Venus in Fur ,enjoyed 1st half, edgy, witty, but, for me, the 2nd half got WAY too highbrow, in the vein of 'Death playing Chess on the Beach' symbolism type of crap. 

Edited by SouthernJet

Lets Be Cops was not good. Not only are they forcing the movie to exist at all, but they force it to run for almost 2 hours. There's a handful of laughs, mostly from Natasha Leggero's scene and Keegan-Michael Key. 

Ya, didnt see that one coming, LOL .Hey a nite at flicks is good no matter what :)

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/lets_be_cops/

I did enjoy What If last nite though

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/what_if_2014/

Edited by SouthernJet

Well watched "Captain America The Winter Soldier" on my flight 2 days ago and despite the small screen I found it very entertaining.

I think it's the best Marvel movie to come out yet. The entire Cap storyline is the best of the cinematic universe, in my opinion. Really looking forward to seeing what they do in Cap 3.