Movies We've Seen Thread

Saw Fury yesterday.  Pretty good action scenes and Brad Pitt once playing the same character from Inglorious Basterds instead this time he's a tanker.  For once, I'd like to see a war movie in which the end wasn't the big battle where everyone gets wiped out and the main character wakes up the next day.  Sh*t is stale.

Watching Batman Forever for the first time since god knows when, a few thoughts:

1. This is horrible.

2. Really horrible.

3. The world needs to fondle Christopher Nolan's balls until he dies for making comic book movies what they are today.

4. All things considered the sets are damn impressive.

5. It's funny watching Carrey in his prime now.

6. Nicole Kidman still gives me a boner.

Based on the reviews, it looks like Exodus is goin to be the typical Ridley Scott release. Where half the flick looks muddled and messy because the studio ****ed with it, then two years from now we'll get the director's cut and it will be amazing.

The interview he gave about the casting protests was pretty awesome. He was very candid and basically said Hollywood is too racist to finance flicks like Exodus or Kingdom of Heaven if he doesn't cast famous white actors.

The director's cut for Kingdom of Heaven is one of my favorite movies of the last ten years, was simply awesome. Really wish the studio didn't f*ck with it so much and put out that half-assed edited version.  

The director's cut for Kingdom of Heaven is one of my favorite movies of the last ten years, was simply awesome. Really wish the studio didn't f*ck with it so much and put out that half-assed edited version.  

It really is a fantastic film. As much as Kingdom of Heaven got screwed with, nothing will ever compare to the absolute mess that they made of the original Blade Runner. If you ever get a chance to watch some of the special features on The Final Cut, I'd highly recommend it. They do an entire documentary on the voiceovers. There are clips of Harrison Ford in the middle of the recordings saying "Why the hell am I doing this again?"

The director's cuts of Legend and The Counselor are also really great.

I know. I'm an unabashed Scott homer. Nobody will ever convince me that Legend isn't awesome. But there are dozens of us who love it. Dozens!

hey I am an 80's child and a fantasy fan, I loved it !  It gives the audience what they want.    fantasy.   a story.   and an epic bad guy speech before he dies

• Upvote 1

An older movie but worth a watch due to the historical background - "Kill the Irishman"  - do yourself a favor and do some background research before watching it...Cleveland in the early to mid 70's was the bombing capital of the USA.

I watched this not long ago, it was a cool movie.

Finally had a chance to watch Guardians of the Galaxy, and I was astonished at how good it was. Granted, the only character I was familiar with from my comic book reading days was Thanos, so these were new characters for me and I don't know how well adapted they were for film, but from where I sit, I think it is easily one of the best 5, maybe even best 3 Marvel adaptations yet.

Apparently they only **** up the titles I loved as a kid.

Tried to watch Anchorman 2 right after and fell asleep, the bits I caught were sad... it was like watching Mike Meyers do Austin Powers sequels where he just kept revisiting the same jokes over and over. I'll give it another shot this week, I was exhausted so the "good" may have been lost on me.

My wife also got the new Hunger Games, those movies are dog sh*t, just like the books.

It really is a fantastic film. As much as Kingdom of Heaven got screwed with, nothing will ever compare to the absolute mess that they made of the original Blade Runner. If you ever get a chance to watch some of the special features on The Final Cut, I'd highly recommend it. They do an entire documentary on the voiceovers. There are clips of Harrison Ford in the middle of the recordings saying "Why the hell am I doing this again?"

The director's cuts of Legend and The Counselor are also really great.

Saw it. I remember downloading Blade Runner from an old p2p site back in undergrad after years of seeing it on everyone's all-time lists and came out somewhat disappointed. I was young, so instead of sh*tting on everyone's favorite movie, I decided to go along with loving it, but secretly didn't care for it...that was until I saw the final cut a handful of years back.  It really makes you wonder how many great movies were completely c*cked up by all the producers in hollywood. Kind of a bummer. 

As for Scott's interview, loved it.  It's funny, all the people with their feigned outrage really think a guy who tries his hardest to make his movies historically accurate, really goes out of his way to purposefully miscast his characters? 

Tried to watch Anchorman 2 right after and fell asleep, the bits I caught were sad... it was like watching Mike Meyers do Austin Powers sequels where he just kept revisiting the same jokes over and over. I'll give it another shot this week, I was exhausted so the "good" may have been lost on me.

My wife also got the new Hunger Games, those movies are dog sh*t, just like the books.

I think I watched 10 minutes of anchorman 2 and turned it off. Like you I'm sure I'll try again, but i just didn't feel it when I had it on

Saw it. I remember downloading Blade Runner from an old p2p site back in undergrad after years of seeing it on everyone's all-time lists and came out somewhat disappointed. I was young, so instead of sh*tting on everyone's favorite movie, I decided to go along with loving it, but secretly didn't care for it...that was until I saw the final cut a handful of years back.  It really makes you wonder how many great movies were completely c*cked up by all the producers in hollywood. Kind of a bummer. 

As for Scott's interview, loved it.  It's funny, all the people with their feigned outrage really think a guy who tries his hardest to make his movies historically accurate, really goes out of his way to purposefully miscast his characters? 

I'll give you another all-time Director's Cut that changed the flick: Alien 3. Fincher's alternate cut is better, gruesome, and ******* awesome. Don't let the theatrical cut deter you.

Cosign on Hunger Games. I've tried with both movies and they're like romance novels of sci-fi movies.

Anchorman 2 is decent on weed. I can't imagine trying to enjoy it sober.

Watching Batman Forever for the first time since god knows when, a few thoughts:

1. This is horrible.

2. Really horrible.

3. The world needs to fondle Christopher Nolan's balls until he dies for making comic book movies what they are today.

4. All things considered the sets are damn impressive.

5. It's funny watching Carrey in his prime now.

6. Nicole Kidman still gives me a boner.

Batman Forever is a  horrible movie but there's actually a deleted scene on youtube where Bruce Wayne confronts his past and the Giant Bat in the batcave.  Was actually a very cool scene I'm suprised they didn't leave it in the movie I guess the idiot studio execs thought it was too dark and throught provoking to be in their 90 minute toy commercial.[

Batman Forever is a horrible movie but there's actually a deleted scene on youtube where Bruce Wayne confronts his past and the Giant Bat in the batcave. Was actually a very cool scene I'm suprised they didn't leave it in the movie I guess the idiot studio execs thought it was too dark and throught provoking to be in their 90 minute toy commercial.[

The even sadder part is that Kilmer is a solid Bruce Wayne.

The Babadook was alright, sneaky funny until the end. I probably would not watch it twice, but it was a really well made movie.

Non-Stop was entertaining. I don't know if Corey Stoll was real acting or troll acting, but everyone else is pretty serious about it.

Still no Animorphs movie coming.