Movies We've Seen Thread

Agree with pretty much everything you said though I think EP3 is a good movie, very underrated, but not great.  It definitely has its moments especially the beginning with that big battle over Coruscant and you see that shot of the sun twinkling over the planet and it looks beautiful in the beginning and then you see star destroyers and warplanes fighting eachother.

Episode II had a couple decent moments.  Most notably when Yoda fights Dooku at the end.  Phantom Menace was one of the worst movies ever made.  Lucas just ran out of ideas and didn't have the balls to make the prequel trilogy more violent and edgy with Anakin starting out as an adult Jedi pupil of Obi Wan instead of making a stupid f*cking kids movie the first movie with that ugly brat.

The volcano duel is still fantastic too. Get that going with some home theater sound and you're good to go for the next hour.

The Yoda fight is cool, it's just...I can't get past him being CG. I don't think I'll ever be able to accept that.

I'm scared as sh*t about Ant Man. I want it to be so good but I don't have high hopes. I think it'll make a sh*t ton of money like all marvel movies, but I think it's gonna be bad

I try not to be too pessimistic from trailers but the whole thing looks like a cookie cutter Marvel origin movie. I think it will be OK, I dunno. When Edgar Wright left the project I was sad, but Marvel hasn't had a miss yet with the MCU, so I have to give them the benefit of the doubt. What's going to be interesting is a few years down the line when Evans retires and Downey hangs it up. I think that's what they're building towards with Civil War and Infinity, setting it up for the next stage of Avengers.

I and II yes. Episode III is still great, people still like it because it's a legit good movie on its own. I think anyone who can't give III its due is just being too hard-headed about I and II being sh*t.

I and II though, it's not just Christensen. But there is such a reliance on bad CG. If you watch I and then III, the difference is really staggering. I think if Lucas had kept the aesthetics consistent with the original trilogy the public would have been a lot more forgiving. I rewatched Phantom Menace for the hell of it a few months back and Jar Jar and all the other crap aside, it just looks terrible.

All that said, what I find most interesting is that Lucas still took that storyline and still got The Clone Wars out of it. Which is a legitimately fantastic. No clue why he couldn't have written Anakin like that for the movies.

Thanks. I saw the second one, Attack of the Clones. I'll forgive a movie its technical shortcomings if the acting and story are good, but this one failed in all three areas. I'm still shook by how pathetic Hayden Christensen was. Also seemed like Samuel L Jackson and Christopher Lee were embarrassed to be involved, especially when they were trading lines with Christensen. I hope they got paid. That one scene where he's in the meadow with Portman, surfing on top of the pig/dog/hippo thing looked like bad 80's anime.

Thanks. I saw the second one, Attack of the Clones. I'll forgive a movie its technical shortcomings if the acting and story are good, but this one failed in all three areas. I'm still shook by how pathetic Hayden Christensen was. Also seemed like Samuel L Jackson and Christopher Lee were embarrassed to be involved, especially when they were trading lines with Christensen. I hope they got paid. That one scene where he's in the meadow with Portman, surfing on top of the pig/dog/hippo thing looked like bad 80's anime.

Jackson campaigned for that role, and he's also been campaigning to come back as a force ghost for VII.

Little known fact, he also did those movies for free. In return he only demanded that his death scene be epic and that he get to choose his light saber. That's why his is purple.

Jackson campaigned for that role, and he's also been campaigning to come back as a force ghost for VII.

Little known fact, he also did those movies for free. In return he only demanded that his death scene be epic and that he get to choose his light saber. That's why his is purple.

Tupac was actually originally supposed to play that role. Evidence that Lucas lost his mind before making those movies

I enjoyed The Imitation Game, but I've always found anything with WWII and cracking the enigma to be utterly fascinating, so I'm not sure I can be unbiased on that. Love me some Cumberbatch. But I can see where people would think he's just a pumped up Sheldon Cooper.

Loved John Wick. Film knew what it was and rocked the sh*t out of it.

Liked Cooper more than I did Sniper: it felt like a poor-man's Hurt Locker and then threw in Patch Adams at the end.

I was tempering my expectations after reading the comments, but it surpassed everything I thought going into it.  Have you heard if they plan on doing a sequel? 

I think they all stated they're cool with it. Not sure further than that. I certainly hope so, Keanu is the sh*t when he's willing to make fun of himself.

Captain America 2 is really a good movie. Second viewing was better than the first.

It's amazing.  Probably my favorite Super Hero movie next to the Batman Trilogy.  Going to be cool to see how they close out that serious. 

And I dont know why everyone's sour on the Comic movies in this thread.  I think they're great but I'm kind of a Super Hero geek.  Really like these movies more than 90% of the other sh*t thats being produced. 

Really interested in seeing how they do the Justice League but whole Affleck as Batman thing really pisses me off...as I hate Affleck and I'm slightly obsessed with Batman.  Also very interested in how they do the Sinister Six.  And the Flash, feel like there are endless opportunities with Flash

I think they all stated they're cool with it. Not sure further than that. I certainly hope so, Keanu is the sh*t when he's willing to make fun of himself.

Without a doubt, such a cool guy. Ever since he donated all of his Matrix royalties to the special effects crew I've liked him quite a bit. Plus, he made Point Break. 

It's amazing.  Probably my favorite Super Hero movie next to the Batman Trilogy.  Going to be cool to see how they close out that serious. 

And I dont know why everyone's sour on the Comic movies in this thread.  I think they're great but I'm kind of a Super Hero geek.  Really like these movies more than 90% of the other sh*t thats being produced. 

Really interested in seeing how they do the Justice League but whole Affleck as Batman thing really pisses me off...as I hate Affleck and I'm slightly obsessed with Batman.  Also very interested in how they do the Sinister Six.  And the Flash, feel like there are endless opportunities with Flash

Yea, Affleck worries me. The guy made a lot of sh*t movies since Good Will Hunting, but has come on pretty strong with a handful of good directorial and acting gigs.  I really dug Argo and the Town, although that was more because of Renner, but I worry about him taking on a big super hero role, especially after Bale knocked it out of the park.  I guess it can't be as bad as Daredevil. One of my favorite super heros growing up and it was absolutely butchered. Speaking of butchered, I wish they'd let Thomas Jane do The Punisher how it was made to be done, that short they have on youtube was f*cking awesome. 

Yea, Affleck worries me. The guy made a lot of sh*t movies since Good Will Hunting, but has come on pretty strong with a handful of good directorial and acting gigs.  I really dug Argo and the Town, although that was more because of Renner, but I worry about him taking on a big super hero role, especially after Bale knocked it out of the park.  I guess it can't be as bad as Daredevil. One of my favorite super heros growing up and it was absolutely butchered. Speaking of butchered, I wish they'd let Thomas Jane do The Punisher how it was made to be done, that short they have on youtube was f*cking awesome. 

I cant stand Affleck.  He's the worst.  If he actually has to play a major part in the movie, it typically is the worst piece of sh*t imaginable.  Though I'm with you, I liked Argo and Town but it wasnt because he delivered some amazing performance but just they were great movies.  Give him spots on a movie where he's just an a$$hole, and he's ok (Dazed and Confused, BoilerRoom, MallRats) - that's the extent of what he's worth.  He's literally ruined other movies that were good but he had to big of a part in it for me (Dogma, Chasing Amy).  And I know I'm in the minority but Good Will Hunting was a complete bore outside of the Robin Williams scenes but I hate those coming to age/find yourself type movies (my chick brought home Boyhood last night, dont ever watch it, holy sh*t is it long and terrible).  So needless to say, I'm cringing thinking of him playing my favorite Super Hero.  It was one of those, you got to be ******* kidding me, moments when I found out he was taking over Batman.

I cant stand Affleck.  He's the worst.  If he actually has to play a major part in the movie, it typically is the worst piece of sh*t imaginable.  Though I'm with you, I liked Argo and Town but it wasnt because he delivered some amazing performance but just they were great movies.  Give him spots on a movie where he's just an a$$hole, and he's ok (Dazed and Confused, BoilerRoom, MallRats) - that's the extent of what he's worth.  He's literally ruined other movies that were good but he had to big of a part in it for me (Dogma, Chasing Amy).  And I know I'm in the minority but Good Will Hunting was a complete bore outside of the Robin Williams scenes but I hate those coming to age/find yourself type movies (my chick brought home Boyhood last night, dont ever watch it, holy sh*t is it long and terrible).  So needless to say, I'm cringing thinking of him playing my favorite Super Hero.  It was one of those, you got to be ******* kidding me, moments when I found out he was taking over Batman.

Affleck's "Boiler Room" scene/speech is right up there with Alec Baldwin's in "Glengarry Glen Ross".

Over the years, I can't tell you how many times my wife and I have used the "steak knives" and "you're fired" lines. In your field, you guys must have a much deeper appreciation.

You're definitely right and I think it's that way for every career. I'm a reporter at a daily newspaper and some of the stuff that's said in

Movies like All athe Presidents Men and The Paper hit so close to home it's crazy.