Movies We've Seen Thread

Saw the film "Wild" over the weekend. 

I thought it was some flakey, attention-needy skanks way of justifying becoming a drug addict whore. I didn't find much of any of it believable. Like a girl that is this busted upon on drugs can suddenly just hike the PCT? Like her feet got cut to shreds but never infected? The ghastly REI plug. It all just seemed like some annoying 90's chick with bad tattoo's, incense in her bedroom, and doc martin's looking to try and tap into the whole uplifting Christopher McCandless spirituality "look at me I went for a walk" thing because her life bottomed out from taking too much heroin and cock to the face.

Meh.

Out in LA, we got to see a screening of The Stanford Prison Experiment. It's a movie that premiered at Sundance a few months back and it's about the actual Stanford experiment where a Stanford psych professor let students play prisoner or prison guard in a mock prison for what was supposed to be 2 weeks, but only lasted 6 days because the whole situation became so ****ed up. It's a disturbing flick that does a good job of visualizing an infamous story. Worth a watch, but man, I'd be lying if I didn't say I'm a little messed up from it. People suck.

Great doc up on Netflix called Dawg Fight. It's about the backyard bare knuckle clubs down in South Florida, where Kimbo Slice got his start. At first it comes off like a WWE promo, but as it gets deeper into things the director does a great job of digging into the consequences for the fighters. And the fight scenes are without question some of the most brutal fights ever put on film.

• Upvote 1

Great doc up on Netflix called Dawg Fight. It's about the backyard bare knuckle clubs down in South Florida, where Kimbo Slice got his start. At first it comes off like a WWE promo, but as it gets deeper into things the director does a great job of digging into the consequences for the fighters. And the fight scenes are without question some of the most brutal fights ever put on film.

Billy Corben really does a great job. Easily my favorite doc director right now

Just saw Mad Max.  Definitely good but wish I had seen it without such high expectations.  The 98 on rottentomatoes had me thinking I was going to see an all timer.  It was bizarre and I can't remember seeing anything like it.  It's worth seeing in the theater rather than waiting to watch at home.

Just saw Mad Max.  Definitely good but wish I had seen it without such high expectations.  The 98 on rottentomatoes had me thinking I was going to see an all timer.  It was bizarre and I can't remember seeing anything like it.  It's worth seeing in the theater rather than waiting to watch at home.

That's one of the things that makes it so good - a $150 mill tentpole pick with that much weirdness in it, but it all fit into that world it was set in. I really wonder what the honchos at Warner Brothers were thinking when they saw the dailies (the shots they send from location to headquarters) from it. It really makes me think cocaine is still a big drug in the movie industry: "that guitarist! This is awesome! Hey, someone chop me another line!!!" Can't imagine they were sober when they saw it and kept encouraging George Miller to keep on spending their money.

Loved Mad Max damn near had to catch my breath after the action sequences. May go see Tommowland since it's suppose to rain in my neck of the woods.

my daughter summed up tommorrowland pretty well, "not what I was expecting at all, but pretty good"

its 20 minutes too long, but good eye candy and pretty original

my daughter summed up tommorrowland pretty well, "not what I was expecting at all, but pretty good"

its 20 minutes too long, but good eye candy and pretty original

The sad thing about Tomorrowland not being that good is that they had offered Star Wars to that director before Abrams, and he turned it down because he didn't want to go back on a commitment that he had already made to the studio and Clooney.

Doug hated Mad Max but won't say so. The only conclusion I can draw here.

Lol, had a family matter to attend to out in SoCal and Mrs. RJF had no desire to see it. I finally managed to see it tonight and it lived up to every expectation I had. It's basically what The Road Warrior would have been had Miller filmed it in 2015, which is great. I'm not sure there is much more to say, I think it's hands down the best film of the franchise and probably the best movie of the year so far.

According to Miller they are going to offer a black and white version on the Blu Ray release with just the isolated soundtrack and no dialogue. Thoroughly looking forward to watching that.

The sad thing about Tomorrowland not being that good is that they had offered Star Wars to that director before Abrams, and he turned it down because he didn't want to go back on a commitment that he had already made to the studio and Clooney.

I saw that, he said he couldn't pass up on a "original" idea.  lol. 

there were entire sequences and scenes that should have been left out.  when you are going for the thunderstruck ending, you can't limp to the finish line like that. 

and when will I be able to stream movies that are in the theaters at home ?  people suck.  I had to glare at one dumb ass woman for putting her feet up on the seat next to my sons head and shush another ass for talking on his ******* cell

and when will I be able to stream movies that are in the theaters at home ?  people suck.  I had to glare at one dumb ass woman for putting her feet up on the seat next to my sons head and shush another ass for talking on his ******* cell

I don't understand rude people at the theater. Like how did anyone not get the memo on movie theater etiquette? The fact that they don't know offends me more than the act itself. Or that they do know and just don't give a sh*t.